Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anybody who bought the new Ember skin?

-NEP-hypernepmension

So far the only thing decent about this Ember deluxe skin are the cute hips on the model, its otherwise a dud.

I ended up getting the Nekros skin, because it is superior, has a novel Bleach Shinigami Hollow meets Eldrich vibe to it, and you can even color pretty much every part of it, DE

g1WYn6F.jpg

lxlByB4.jpg

nxiIclu.jpg

See DE, if you make or suggest something good, I am willing to give you my money for it, hard to believe, but its true.

And that's all folks.

VFpLgUA.jpg

People remember,  they just don't care for that reference/theme, obviously, and there is no reason that the deluxe has to be pidegeon holed to that, nevermind being even more emphasized. Quite a few deluxes offer a remarkably new and interesting take on certain frames, even compelling some people to try frames they had originally ignored.

21 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

I swear every time someone says it looks more like a zephyr helmet or it looks like a rooster I think they forget she was jokingly refered to as the fire chicken.

Or did everyone forget about these?

EmberPhoenixHelm.png

EmberSeries3Helmet.png

Dunno about other people but I get that Ember is supposed to resemble phoenix of some sorts, but this skin more "mutalist turkey" than an actual phoenix

Phoenix helm actually looks good and Backdraft is just disgusting. I don't think I've ever seen anyone using it.

I don't want to beat down on DE anymore, but the simple fact is that the Ember skin is meant for :

1. People that play Ember a lot (37% over 50 days (over 50 in game times, so 1200 mission hours, excluding afk-ing in the liset and stuff)
2. People that buy FashionFrame (check again)

So if they release a product that was meant for those two demographics and it misses by a landslide... what is the point of the product?

Edited by phoenix1992

11 hours ago, MagPrime said:

I value your point of view on this; does it look better?

Man, I wish the Phoenix helmet was PBR'd already, otherwise they are an ok fit with the firebird theme and all. Also I find that Avia armor compliments the rest of the feathers on the skin nicely.

I don't own Ember Prime, but if i did i would run prime helmet with it. Just put some other colors on the skin. There are some nice metallics in there, they look quite good in light gold or bronze.

All in all I don't quite understand blind hatred some people say in regars to this skin. Ember is not the only one with a not-so-cool animal motif, and Warframe is well known for it's strange designs. Like Trinity is based on ants (everyone thinks it's lobster, don't know which is worse), and Limbo on what... clams? Oh well. Just my opinion there.

Edited by Edelsid

I'll state my opinion here, and it'll be certainly my death wish....but oh well...

I don't get why people says that Vermillon Ember skin is not a skin for Ember and that it's not interesting at all. I mean, Ember seems to be partially based of the Phoenix, and that skin reminds me off deities worshiped by Aztecs or Mayans. That alone is a very (In my opinion again)  good take on DE's part. To be honest, IgnusDei's skin was very blank for my taste, and not even that good (No offense intended) . I understand that all people have different tastes,

it's perfectly alright to dislike this skin, but i find it unfair to say that's it's unimaginative of DE because it's not a skin made by IgnusDei.

Just stating my opinion here, i don't even have the skin since i don't play Ember, but still impressed.

Happy hunting fellow tenno !

22 minutes ago, Edelsid said:

All in all I don't quite understand blind hatred some people say in regars to this skin. Ember is not the only one with a not-so-cool animal motif, and Warframe is well known for it's strange designs. Like Trinity is based on ants (everyone thinks it's lobster, don't know which is worse), and Limbo on what... clams? Oh well. Just my opinion there.

Umm, no Trinity isn't based on an ant. Her skirt piece was based on an old dress fashion(18th century I think it was) but everyone started jokingly referring to her as Lobster butt and DE rolled with it on her Prime.

As for Limbo... Wut?! Limbo is the Gentleman frame.

Edited by SilvaDreams

10 minutes ago, Ax-Stark said:

I'll state my opinion here, and it'll be certainly my death wish....but oh well...

I don't get why people says that Vermillon Ember skin is not a skin for Ember and that it's not interesting at all. I mean, Ember seems to be partially based of the Phoenix, and that skin reminds me off deities worshiped by Aztecs or Mayans. That alone is a very (In my opinion again)  good take on DE's part. To be honest, IgnusDei's skin was very blank for my taste, and not even that good (No offense intended) . I understand that all people have different tastes,

it's perfectly alright to dislike this skin, but i find it unfair to say that's it's unimaginative of DE because it's not a skin made by IgnusDei.

Just stating my opinion here, i don't even have the skin since i don't play Ember, but still impressed.

Last I checked phoenix looks like 

THE-PHOENIX.jpg

Not

?format=1000w

27 minutes ago, Ax-Stark said:

It looks like a rooster, like Ember already looked (which is already in contrast to her being female), only more so(But without chicken feet.). Not any sort of flattering deity, just a bulky college mascot. Ignusdei skin looked like a sleek wraith with a considerable amount of her skin emphasizing her fiery aura, and it was a soothing departure from the mohawk avian.

Edited by UrielColtan

On 11/2/2017 at 9:47 AM, Edelsid said:

Man, I wish the Phoenix helmet was PBR'd already, otherwise they are an ok fit with the firebird theme and all. Also I find that Avia armor compliments the rest of the feathers on the skin nicely.

I don't own Ember Prime, but if i did i would run prime helmet with it. Just put some other colors on the skin. There are some nice metallics in there, they look quite good in light gold or bronze.

Please do not strawman the issues that people have with the skin.

A) Stop bring Ignus up
B) One of the point is that all deluxe skins are bringing new visual and theme for the frame. Ember's deluxe does not do that.
C) Comparing base model inspiration to Deluxe inspiration is wrong.

18 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

I was confused by that was well. As a proper Englishman I'm both offended and aroused by being told I look like a clam!

To be fair though, Warframes are based on animals a lot of the time. Even Ash. 

I guess the main issue a lot of us have with Ember is that whilst other frames are based on cool animals like Rhinos and Dragons... Ember is and really looks like sodding Chicken.

The only truly acceptable animal frame is Monkeyframe.

36 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Umm, no Trinity isn't based on an ant. Her skirt piece was based on an old dress fashion(18th century I think it was) but everyone started jokingly referring to her as Lobster butt and DE rolled with it on her Prime.

I remember seeing a long detailed reddit post explaining why Trinity isn't actually based on lobsters but on ants, her prime being queen ant.

And yes, Limbo is the gentleman frame, but warframe can have more than one inspiration. He has this mother-of-pearl texture on the inside of his arms, each of his hats opens up to reveal something akin to a pearl and he also hides things away in the rift. It's like with Mesa. She's a gunslinger frame. But look at her alternative helmets, and you'll see they all have some sort of horns, which suggest she's based on a cow or a bull. Mirage is a jester frame. Her animal motif is actually a cuttlefish, a particular ones that can deflect and refract light to conceal themselves. The list goes on.

Edited by Edelsid
grammar

7 minutes ago, Edelsid said:

I remember seeing a long detailed reddit post explaining why Trinity isn't actually based on lobsters but on ants, her prime being queen ant.

And yes, Limbo is the gentleman frame, but warframe can have more than one inspiration. He has this mother-of-peral texture on the inside of his arms, each of his hats opens up to reveal something acin to a pearl and he also hides things away in the rift. It's like with Mesa. She's a gunslinger frame. But look at her alternative helmets, and you'll see they all have some sort of horns, which suggest she's based on a cow or a bull. Mirage is a jester frame. Her animal motif is actually a cuttlefish, a particular ones that can deflect and refract light to conceal themselves. The list goes on.

Whilst I agree that a lot of Warframes designs are influenced by animals, those are ridiculous stretches. 

Ash having mandibles, arms resembling a carapace and alternate helmets named 'Scorpion' and 'Locust' means that there is a clear insectoid influence.

Mesa having an alternate helmet that resembles and is named after the Texas Longhorn, and an alternate helmet that resembles and is named after a sheep... and nothing else... You can't say the frame itself is based on or influenced by an animal.

If anything the alternate 'ranch' animal helmets only reinforce her 'Western' theme.