Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Condition Overload

Antiphoton

Eh.... It's kinda a bit over the top, isn't it? 

I mean, it gives the de facto best damage to any melee weapon, instead of being a "status alternative" to Blood Rush. 

While the synergy it can have with multiple ways to deliver status effects is both interesting and engaging, I honestly believe the damage multiplier goes a bit overboard. 

3 hours ago, tnccs215 said:

I mean, it gives the de facto best damage to any melee weapon, instead of being a "status alternative" to Blood Rush. 

While the synergy it can have with multiple ways to deliver status effects is both interesting and engaging, I honestly believe the damage multiplier goes a bit overboard. 

Well, I think it's fine. Only a few weapons can reach over the top levels of damage, but I think that's a fair price if the mod also makes almost every melee decent at higher levels, even those that were useless before.

Blood Rush could be considered over the top, too, but you could only use it with a few weapons. CO can be used with almost anything, it is even better than rivens at "making everything viable". It adds variety.

That being said... They shouldn't release another mod like it. For melee it's fine, the extra damage comes at the cost of having to get close to your target and the delay between switching weapons. But something like CO for primaries or secondaries would break everything.

• 1 month later...

Sorry if a little over a month is a mini-necro but I agree, eg. I'm going Ether Reaper as it's clear I'm not getting another good looking scythe(ish) weapon soon (price or drop chance) but even the Zaw form is just a Kama - condition overload, drifting condition and it's base stats and smart status choices = I finally feel comfortable potato-ing and making that my melee on a few characters for thematic and/other fashion frame fun.

Maybe a Riven will show up and I can double down on that idea (I'm not going as far to seek that for plat yet lol) but condition overload on a hybrid (not just all status) seems to hold some real potential too, as it's not hard to get 50%+ with 15%+ see how it goes.

Edited by (XB1)CKazz

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)CKazz said:

Sorry if a little over a month is a mini-necro but I agree, eg. I'm going Ether Reaper as it's clear I'm not getting another good looking scythe(ish) weapon soon (price or drop chance) but even the Zaw form is just a Kama - condition overload, drifting condition and it's base stats and smart status choices = I finally feel comfortable potato-ing and making that my melee on a few characters for thematic and/other fashion frame fun.

Maybe a Riven will show up and I can double down on that idea (I'm not going as far to seek that for plat yet lol) but condition overload on a hybrid (not just all status) seems to hold some real potential too, as it's not hard to get 50%+ with 15%+ see how it goes.

wait....out of curiosity: do you lock a weapon setup to your frames? as in, you assign certain weapons to specific frames and basically if you choose that frame, you stick with it's loadout?

cuz my brother and i do that for the sake of forcing ourselves to be more diverse in our weapon choices.

if i select my inaros? i'm stuck using zenith, aszima and lesion.

Oberon prime? tigris prime, euphona prime and orthos prime(he literally is my point and delete frame.....gave him my most overpowered loadout.....~evil laugh~)

etc.

are we not the only ones? :D

I always use that mod when I want to make a Status build or a Crit/Status build. My Arca Titron and Infested Polearm Zaw have Condition Overload but my Titron use a Status Build and my Infested polearm Zaw use a Crit/Status since the Stats on that weapons makes it compatible. Twin Basolks can do serious damage with that mod too.

On 12/10/2017 at 10:54 PM, (Xbox One)Orcus Imperium said:

wait....out of curiosity: do you lock a weapon setup to your frames? as in, you assign certain weapons to specific frames and basically if you choose that frame, you stick with it's loadout?

cuz my brother and i do that for the sake of forcing ourselves to be more diverse in our weapon choices.

if i select my inaros? i'm stuck using zenith, aszima and lesion.

Oberon prime? tigris prime, euphona prime and orthos prime(he literally is my point and delete frame.....gave him my most overpowered loadout.....~evil laugh~)

etc.

are we not the only ones? :D

To a degree yes, definitely a strong thematic for some frames I try to stick with eg for Harrow it's Ether Reaper or similar reap/scythe/bladed pole style, so I'm considering the Guando too, maybe a nasty Zaw Polearm (not staff, no thunk, and very disappointingly no scythe, too small 1h looks like a Kama).

Might allow Rakta dagger type too but he just feels better with 2 handed hooked / bladed fury to me.  Something cries out personal damage too, so a Sancti or Tigris Prime tends to dole out the face blasting meet your maker damage.  Playing with secondaries yet, still settling on his perfect style, his pistol is interesting, I need to play with it more.

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)CKazz said:

To a degree yes, definitely a strong thematic for some frames I try to stick with eg for Harrow it's Ether Reaper or similar reap/scythe/bladed pole style, so I'm considering the Guando too, maybe a nasty Zaw Polearm (not staff, no thunk, and very disappointingly no scythe, too small 1h looks like a Kama).

Might allow Rakta dagger type too but he just feels better with 2 handed hooked / bladed fury to me.  Something cries out personal damage too, so a Sancti or Tigris Prime tends to dole out the face blasting meet your maker damage.  Playing with secondaries yet, still settling on his perfect style, his pistol is interesting, I need to play with it more.

knell synergizes well with his kit, so with the right setup it'd be amazing.

take my banshee loadout for example: Kohm(yes, that kohm), sonicor(why not?) and the shaku(plan on using the fans when they come out)

Kohm has innate punch through and treats status a tad differently than other shotguns due to being a full auto weapon with 245 rounds. but it fires them in an order:

1>2>3>4 etc, adding another slug with each shot, this means the first through 5th shot has the highest status chance.

combine that with sonar and i can delete enemies a room over by accident.

On 11/3/2017 at 4:44 AM, tnccs215 said:

You need a good status chance to fully utilize the mod, and a fast attack speed to dish out procs quickly enough. You could use guns to proc, but we all know how clunky the weapon swapping is.

5 hours ago, Dragazer said:

You need a good status chance to fully utilize the mod, and a fast attack speed to dish out procs quickly enough. You could use guns to proc, but we all know how clunky the weapon swapping is.

Yesss, my 100% status Radiation/Viral Lesion with Primed Fury agrees. It is super fun and destroys all the things.