The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why 1 million credits for trade mod primeds?

EvilDarknessAlien

28 minutes ago, PhoenixShadowEvil said:

but people need farm 1 million for buy primed mods of other players.. not just pay2win

That's the answer to your question right here.

DE needs to put a certain wall on those mods so that you can't just "Pay to win".
If that credit wall wasn't there, you could find a Mastery 2-3 player just paying plat to receive such mod and instantly render all sort of Mod progression useless.

The thing is, if you trade for primed mods, you are expected to have that "Little" credits already.
I'm sitting on 38 millions and I could very well double that amount in a day.
1 Million is the bare minimum for the 2nd most powerful mods in the game. ( First being 5Stars Riven with their 350%+ stats bonus )

9 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

If that credit wall wasn't there, you could find a Mastery 2-3 player just paying plat to receive such mod and instantly render all sort of Mod progression useless

I am struggling with this statement.

New players run the index, they run raids. These net a lot of credits fairly easily. So, MR2 or 3 players can easily obtain the credits for these mods.

You can technically pay plat for credits too. So, any new player can just pay plat for the 1 million credits to get the mod.

EDITS: 90 plat = 175,000 credits. (540 plat gives you 1,050,000 credits)

Edited by krc473
Added plat>credit conversion amount

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

New players run the index, they run raids. These net a lot of credits fairly easily. So, MR2 or 3 players can easily obtain the credits for these mods.

You can technically pay plat for credits too. So, any new player can just pay plat for the 1 million credits to get the mod.

EDITS: 90 plat = 175,000 credits.

*but i wanted to go to sleep*

"Neptune becomes accessible by defeating the Specter in the Neptune Junction on Uranus after completing the required tasks."

So no, new players can't do index. Unless we stretch new up to MR 5-6, which realistically is not a "new player". Considering the Trials - as far as I am aware, you can join as low MR player, but this is such a far stretch that, we should not consider it as a way to gain credits.

I mean... for us *oldies* the junctions mean nothing (since all planets were insta unlocked for us when u19 hit), but new players have to climb that ladder. And I already mentioned how the system is smacking down severe punishes to anyone that tries to buy his way out of the game.

4 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

So no, new players can't do index.

Are you not able to taxi people to the index? 

- I have taken people there previously. These people did not have Neptune unlocked.

LoR at least, I have run with new players (MR 3 or under) and they have had no issues. This is both normal and NM. So, around 500-600k credits a day. This is perfectly feasible, when you consider that, provided they listen they are fine. These were completed in around 50-60 minutes (total for the two).

Provided said MR2 or 3 player has a helpful clan, 1 million credits is not hard to obtain. If we leave them out all by themselves, it is hard.

I will never accept paying plats for credits a feasible way to obtain them.

Just now, krc473 said:

Are you not able to taxi people to the index? 

- I have taken people there previously. These people did not have Neptune unlocked.

LoR at least, I have run with new players (MR 3 or under) and they have had no issues. This is both normal and NM. So, around 500-600k credits a day. This is perfectly feasible, when you consider that, provided they listen they are fine. These were completed in around 50-60 minutes (total for the two).

Provided said MR2 or 3 player has a helpful clan, 1 million credits is not hard to obtain. If we leave them out all by themselves, it is hard.

I will never accept paying plats for credits a feasible way to obtain them.

We are starting to stretch the boundary rather far.
If a new player joins the game and joins my clan and is earnest about asking for help, that new player will rise to a power level that is obscene in negative time.

But a *new new* player without a clan (or starting with a group of friends), will not have the aces or knowledge to do any of the listed activities with good retention ratio. Please, @krc473 you are starting to nitpick into situations with a lot of extra modifiers and do not fit the question that OP has asked. Does he look like someone that knows that he can gain over 1 million credits in less than a hour?

22 minutes ago, krc473 said:

EDITS: 90 plat = 175,000 credits. (540 plat gives you 1,050,000 credits)

Index and raid would require said "New player" to play the game.
And it would be more than unlikely for the new player to manage a million credit worth of index/raid without proper mods.
Which brings us to credit farming teams ( Taxi ), which may sound like a problem of its own, but the player is still required to participate in the game and has all the chances to get the "base" version of the primed mods while playing the game. ( Continuity/flow/etc )
Side note : Where's the fun in that anyway.You're only ruining your own experience of the game if you stay idle for the next hour just for the sake of one mod.

I understand where you're struggling and I have to admit I didn't think Credits exchange were still a thing, but ultimately the credit walls still kinda works as a deterrent to the P2W concept, that is, unless you're one rich f--er who can just throw down 540 plats or AFK hours of Index everytime you want to trade something.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

4 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

But a *new new* player without a clan

I have seen many a MR1 person asking for credit farm taxis or the index farms in recruiting. I have seen MR1 players in clans. 

You cannot discount the fact that low MR people do run credit farms. They can get 1 million credits. They can be utterly terrible in the index and get the prize still - three people can easily carry one.

Nitpick, possibly. But, I am stating it is possible, and it does happen. OP could do this too. 

So, what I would suggest to the OP: run some credit farm missions. You will hit 1 million credits quickly. Keep running them. You will realise that 1 million credits are not many. Hey, I spent 5 million credits on transmuting alone, this was no issue.

It's easy to get 1 million credits... But let's look at primed continuity

Continuity 30% Power duration  8,000 creds

Primed continuity 55% power duration 1,000,000 creds

55-30=25

25% difference

1,000,000 creds for a mod with 25% better stats

srsly m8 y so mucc

I understand for things like Primed reach, it's like 70% VS 165%, but really? With Ash's invis, Continuity vs Primed has like a 2 second difference... So 1,000,000 credits for an extra 2 seconds? Nah dude. But really, what can we do. There's different Primed mods with different  "Impacting upgrades".Primed Reach giving a huge upgrade, Primed continuity giving a slight upgrade. We can't do anything about it, other than of course, decrease the price overall. They aren't going to change specific prices, like Primed continuity for 500,000, and Primed reach for 1,000,000, so yeah