Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Saryn Great again

Tazumi

As everyone is aware Saryn went from nightmarish plague press 4 to nuke the whole map 25k+ damage  to low level spam spores killer. It pains me and don't get me wrong i don't want her to go back to press 4 to win. She feels like she needs a bit of tweaking. I'm one of the peeps that actually enjoys how she works now. The fact that you need to combo you skills if fun me, the build up towards using Miasma, pressing to unleash the plague .... than nothing, maybe a brief Stun and minuscule damage. I wish her abilities would receive a little bit of love, especially Miasma and Molt. But lets start with the first one.

Spores - overall I'm happy with this ability, but i wish more than 1 spore could transfer damage

Molt - there is only one thing that bugs me, the HP scaling from Ability Power is  way to low

Toxic Lash - no problem with this ability

Miasma - the fact that it does corrosive damage and it doesn't strip target from armor makes no sense to me. I think it would a welcomed quality if life improvement. Then there is the stun and the fact that its not affected by duration mods make using Miasma less enjoyable.

So please look into my beloved Saryn, she just needs a little bit of love. Over the past 2 weeks I've met only 1 Saryn, but hundreds of Mesas, Rhinos and Niduses.

And I know why, Mesa is what Saryn used to be, press 4 to win, Nidus is a great all rounder, his skills work so well together and Rhino, he brings everything to the table crowd control, buff and it's durable on top of that.

Saryn Great Nightmare Frame

Casting Spore on enemies is great with Mutalist Cernos

Regenative molt works like it should.. Takes time for a lizard to regrow a tail..

Toxic Lash great for augmented shield Corpus + others

Miasma is more like a time delay.. But i see your point for stripping armor as a ultimate.. Mag strips with her power 3

Edited by Grimmstyler

8 minutes ago, (PS4)HSomDevil said:

Saryn is already my favorite frame. I still largely ignore Miasma so some form of buff would be great.

Although a frame with four useful abilities sounds bit like heresy to me...

Nidus and Harrow beg to differ 

I enjoy Saryn. I just wish she had a immunity to Toxin type damage (yes an immunity not a reduction) *same would go for the other elemental frames* for her passive as i really dont see the double proc timers as, efficient (viral and toxin, that is about it).

I wish her 3 would have an auto block when melee is equipped so as to really make use of the 40% base blocking damage reduction, basically an innate auto parry, but only when melee is equipped (active) (would personally, if the changes wasnt made innate, would make this an augment to replace her current one as it DOES feel very useless.

I wish her 4 would last longer than a base of 4 seconds (or is it 3?) its just to dang low to realyl see anything good out of it, even when comboing.

I agree that her 2 health scale is very poor for what it is supposed to do. I would make the current augment innate to it and add a new one that would have viral spores pop up from it every few seconds or so, so we dont have to always rely on having to cast spores on it.

Her 1 is ok, if a bit to low on damage per second. Her augment (and the other elemental frames' 1 augment) is useless in a solo setting as it doesnt do anything for the caster.

I;m using the melee build and the accompanying spore build off warframe builder. and do enjoy it. I attempted to do something for her 4, but...it just isnt noticeable or viable to build for.

11 minutes ago, Kalvorax said:

I enjoy Saryn. I just wish she had a immunity to Toxin type damage (yes an immunity not a reduction) *same would go for the other elemental frames* for her passive as i really dont see the double proc timers as, efficient (viral and toxin, that is about it).

Her 1 is ok, if a bit to low on damage per second. Her augment (and the other elemental frames' 1 augment) is useless in a solo setting as it doesnt do anything for the caster.

Saryn's 1 runs off that proc timer, and kills very well past Sortie level.

Just let me apply Toxin from Spore transfer on targets already afflicted with Spores. They seem to be taking a full radial damage from Spore-popping, but Toxin doesnt get transfered to them at all.

And removing the cooldown on Spore bouncing back and forth (just like it used to be pre-Chains of Harrow) would be amazing.

Molt explosion shouldnt be blocked by obstacles and corpses. And Molt itself needs an invulnerability period, either on cast, or on reaching 0 hp.

Molts augment should keep healing Saryn even when Molt is destroyed, or at the very least its buff icon should dissappear from UI whenever its effect doesnt work anymore.

Miasma needs to either strip armour, or pop all Spores in radius (and Im pretty sure it used to do that).

9 minutes ago, Hellmaker2004 said:

You got spores transferring damage? My average Spore damage is around 5 - 15 and that is at 200% Power strength.

As an example, with a maxed Hornet Strike, Intensify, and a pistol that inflicts 35 base damage, a single Toxin proc from this pistol on an infected enemy will increase a spore's burst damage to (25 + 0.25 × 35 × (1 + 2.2)) × 1.3 = 68.9. If the infected enemy is being damaged by ten Toxin procs from the same pistol, the spore's burst damage will be increased to (25 + 0.25 × 10 × 35 × (1 + 2.2)) × 1.3 = 396.5.

Only one spore on the infected enemy can transfer Toxin damage until that enemy becomes damaged by a new Toxin proc.

This is what i meant.

12 minutes ago, Tazumi said:

This is what i meant.

Oh i know what you meant, i also know what the wiki state, however when replicating it in the Simulacrum although this was with only 100% PS so i guess my lower value are due to armor since this test was concluded in a controlled environment against unarmored foes.

My Galantine P with Toxic Leash active. Modded with Primed Pressure point, Virulent Scourge and Fever Strike causing a 1573 Toxic dot per instance of damage caused spore to deal 56 dot per instance of damage. And last time i checked 25% of 1573 is not 56.

What is funny is that during this test it worked as "intended" while i did my control test, this is hitting one foe and spreading it to 1 - 7 other targets.

However once i started hitting more than one foe per attack even tough only one foe was initially spored that S#&$ started to happen.

So i am well aware how Spore "should" behave, i am simply stating that wherever it is getting it's values from it sure as hell is not applying it correctly.

Edited by Hellmaker2004

46 minutes ago, Hellmaker2004 said:

So i am well aware how Spore "should" behave, i am simply stating that wherever it is getting it's values from it sure as hell is not applying it correctly.

Yeah i see what you mean now, this is just another thing that needs fixing. Hopefully one day we will get Saryn that is really this corroding plague that she was intended to be.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Tazumi:

As an example, with a maxed Hornet Strike, Intensify, and a pistol that inflicts 35 base damage, a single Toxin proc from this pistol on an infected enemy will increase a spore's burst damage to (25 + 0.25 × 35 × (1 + 2.2)) × 1.3 = 68.9. If the infected enemy is being damaged by ten Toxin procs from the same pistol, the spore's burst damage will be increased to (25 + 0.25 × 10 × 35 × (1 + 2.2)) × 1.3 = 396.5.

Only one spore on the infected enemy can transfer Toxin damage until that enemy becomes damaged by a new Toxin proc.

This is what i meant.

If it does that is. Never got satisfying results out of testing that feature in endless missions using maiming strike+shadow step... her gravest fault is probably how broken that synergy is.

2 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

If it does that is. Never got satisfying results out of testing that feature in endless missions using maiming strike+shadow step... her gravest fault is probably how broken that synergy is.

i always only see 20s-30s floating around, and thats using weapons that inflict TONS of toxic procs

vor 24 Minuten schrieb TKDancer:

i always only see 20s-30s floating around, and thats using weapons that inflict TONS of toxic procs

Yep had the same impression...brought a set of dual zoren to a void survival WAY back when the rework first came to consoles... keep in mind that toxic proccs had the buggy calculation back then and i barraged highly armored units with damage that would do 100+k damage to unarmored enemys to test the mechanic.. that's about 1-3k per procc, per applied toxic under normal conditions to corpus units and only ONCE in WEEKS of testing did it show on a single enemy about 30 minutes into a game. Made a similar test just recently with the same results. 🙄 

2 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Yep had the same impression...brought a set of dual zoren to a void survival WAY back when the rework first came to consoles... keep in mind that toxic proccs had the buggy calculation back then and i barraged highly armored units with damage that would do 100+k damage to unarmored enemys to test the mechanic.. that's about 1-3k per procc, per applied toxic under normal conditions to corpus units and only ONCE in WEEKS of testing did it show on a single enemy about 30 minutes into a game. Made a similar test just recently with the same results. 🙄 

ive tried using the scourge(rad+corrosive+toxic) with her and still 20s-30s, less so vs grineer who werent hit by the scourge's corrosive proc