Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Opinion on Beginners, and how they make the community a great place.

(XBOX)weedyodaa

Now let me start this off with, clearly stating that this is my own personal opinion about beginners. This is not a rant, this is not meant to call out people, this is purely all my thought on how new beginners are one of the best things in Warframe.

First off, they don't care what weapons they have or consider "god tier," because they just wanna play at their own pace and make their own decisions, while some people are heavily influenced by the builds that others run. Sure, they may be good, maybe even god tier builds that require god-like mods or rivens, but they go by what they want. Plus, they are willing to do just about ANYTHING. I've met so many new players who are my friends in my squad, and I say "Hey, I gotta go grab some quick resourses," and they'll follow up with saying "Can I come with? Sure, I might not be good but I can try." That, that is loyalty. Even when they know they're not the best and might get dropped on their rear a few times, that's besides the point. The point is that they are willing to do just about anything to help. They don't care if they suck. They just want to help. Sure, some beginners might not want to, but for the ones that do, that's great. Even if you get dropped on your rear, they'd make it their very first goal to rush over to you and help you back up and revive you. In one case, an old veteran of mine, a beginner and I were running a survival mission and we made it a good hour into it, which was VERY surprising. I got killed from a nully and this guy was playing as Mag, rushed over to help me and tried his best to revive me. Don't ask how he did it, but he DID it. He didn't even die. He was surely about to, but the fact he was so commited to picking me back up was amazing. 

When I first started playing, I thought the Bo-staff was the best weapon in the game. Keep in mind, this is the BO STAFF, no orokin catalyst, nothing. A plain, fresh out of the trash can.. Bo staff. I got some cool red and yellow colors [because I couldn't get anything else] for it, and I thought it looked like the best thing ever when you could actually make it AND your Warframe glow at certain parts. I played as Volt at the time, because he was my very first Warframe, and the feeling of dashing around at unbelieveable speeds was amazing. Shocking people with my first ability? I was blown away. I actually had no idea there WAS abilities, I thought it was the basic way of attacking, I thought I only had my bo-staff and my powers.

I love being around noobs because I can remember just how it felt to be like them like it was yesterday. It was like I walked in their own skin. In this case, their own warframe. Jokes asside, beginners can be great players. But they also can be made into a bit more rude character by the people they play with. If they play with a person who tells them "Get this or get this, it's good," or "That weapon is trash, get rid of it, ew," it kills the experience. Beginners should have to go through all that stuff first hand and discover these things their own way, not constantly be influenced by people who consider themselves "Veterans." Yes, I know that don't intend on doing ant harm, all they really want to do is teach the player that some things are good and some things are bad.

I have absolutely nothing wrong with veterans. In fact, I have a few friends who are really chill. Then I have a few people who are brand new who I help. I actually have one friend that I told "Hey, go to your market and tell me which warframe you want." He told be frost, and I was lowkey very proud of him, because I absolutely adore frost, but I went on and told him "Hey, if you want his Prime, go to your news and check out the "Prime with Twitch Prime," but he refused, which was perfectly okay. He even told me "I wanna experience the grind," and I felt so touched by this. And so we did. We farmed the Kril. Over. And over. And eventually, we got it. I even took him to every planet he needed to go to, and I got him what he needed. He was so happy to finally get it, and the fact he was so happy to get it made me feel "Wow.. This is what it's like to helpful." 

There needs to be more people who are willing to help others like this. If people are going to just refuse to help them JUST because they are new and suck bothers me. Because if you can't take the time to at least just help someone with one small thing [that could only take up to 5 minutes or more], and actually be rude to them about it, then what does that make you?

The full point of this is to show that new players need help. They are capable of doing everything by themselves to a certain extent, but if people aren't even going to bother taking the time to help him/her with whatever, even if it is just a short mission, then that might discourage them from playing it. 

Just beware of new players considering you a role model and/or the priority to save when downed. I have problems sometimes when ppl expect me or others to run to revive ignoring the objetive of the mission (same when im downed), but that must be just me. Just remember you have at least 4 revives.

And yes, new players infuse the game with fresh views and fun, and can make you realize you had ignored something for a long time just because you already did it or farm it (lua puzzle mods, rediscovering bosses that got tweaked, running missions you dont play often, re visiting quests).

28 minutes ago, GordoFreeman said:

Just beware of new players considering you a role model and/or the priority to save when downed. I have problems sometimes when ppl expect me or others to run to revive ignoring the objetive of the mission (same when im downed), but that must be just me. Just remember you have at least 4 revives.

And yes, new players infuse the game with fresh views and fun, and can make you realize you had ignored something for a long time just because you already did it or farm it (lua puzzle mods, rediscovering bosses that got tweaked, running missions you dont play often, re visiting quests).

The point I'm making is not for the role model part, it's more just having a great experience.

1 hour ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

Sounds nice, I actually started helping out the very person who got me into Warframe. He stopped playing after a while because he went on to different games. Now, I help him get Vault mods, some credits and prep him for Sortie level enemies. Very touching.

Haha, repaying the debt? It's nice to see that. I came to a similar state as well, my friend was mainly a show off, showing off his Chroma Dynasty skin [Which I wasn't jealous off.. SHUT UP, I'M NOT CRYING!] but he still helped me a lot.

1 hour ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

Everyone on this page has the right idea. @MythicalWarden truly understands what Warframe is about. Every game for that matter; having fun, socializing, and learning to help and know people. Warframe, in nearly every aspect, is becoming something beautiful.

Thanks, man!

Edited by (XB1)Mythical Warden

I remember back when I started, felt in love with Valkyr from day one. Searched builds, started farming mods, had no idea how to trade, Wiki was my friend for a long time. Found out you get Valkyr from Salad V, so I tried to get in pubs, trying my hardest to keep up with the higher MR players, had no idea where to go or how to kill Salad V at that point, but I got the parts. Crafting came, busted my butt farming Control modules and credits. Fast forward, got the frame. Now time to farm mods. Again, I had no idea what and how to trade, so I looked on Wiki where mods drop, and then the grinding began. Ran Earth excavations with the big fellas trying to farm Rage, took me about...1 or 2 days haha but when I got it I was like "OH MAAN I'M THE S**T!". Then came Intensify, Continuity, Streamline, oh man I got hammered and smashed in the Void(which the details and tileset got me hooked on it, played Void for a month or so daily like a maniac) like a piece of garbage. Every time I found the trial room I had an adrenaline rush like insane, fail, fail, fail, then PASS. Was on top of the world, I was THE GOD. Then I learned the old void key system, how and where to farm prime parts, mods, materials, crafted items, ranked up, some periods it was slow and painful like I hit a brick wall, then I would get back up and start grinding again and rank up some more, met a lot on wonderful people, had fun, did crazy runs, trolled each other, helped each other. Some still play, other moved to other games. Then The Second Dream came and it hooked me up to Warframe forever. And regarding newbies I always help them as much as I can. Waiting for them, explaining how to do certain things and where to find certain things, how modding works, bosses, basic things to get them wrap their heads around the game. Cause being there I know how it's like to feel like a fly in a jar to say, no idea where to go or what to do haha. Helping freshly awakened Tenno gives me a sense of satisfaction and joy, idk, reminds me of me pretty much. So have patience with them, help them with their baby steps. <3 

51 minutes ago, Velveteen said:

I remember back when I started, felt in love with Valkyr from day one. Searched builds, started farming mods, had no idea how to trade, Wiki was my friend for a long time. Found out you get Valkyr from Salad V, so I tried to get in pubs, trying my hardest to keep up with the higher MR players, had no idea where to go or how to kill Salad V at that point, but I got the parts. Crafting came, busted my butt farming Control modules and credits. Fast forward, got the frame. Now time to farm mods. Again, I had no idea what and how to trade, so I looked on Wiki where mods drop, and then the grinding began. Ran Earth excavations with the big fellas trying to farm Rage, took me about...1 or 2 days haha but when I got it I was like "OH MAAN I'M THE S**T!". Then came Intensify, Continuity, Streamline, oh man I got hammered and smashed in the Void(which the details and tileset got me hooked on it, played Void for a month or so daily like a maniac) like a piece of garbage. Every time I found the trial room I had an adrenaline rush like insane, fail, fail, fail, then PASS. Was on top of the world, I was THE GOD. Then I learned the old void key system, how and where to farm prime parts, mods, materials, crafted items, ranked up, some periods it was slow and painful like I hit a brick wall, then I would get back up and start grinding again and rank up some more, met a lot on wonderful people, had fun, did crazy runs, trolled each other, helped each other. Some still play, other moved to other games. Then The Second Dream came and it hooked me up to Warframe forever. And regarding newbies I always help them as much as I can. Waiting for them, explaining how to do certain things and where to find certain things, how modding works, bosses, basic things to get them wrap their heads around the game. Cause being there I know how it's like to feel like a fly in a jar to say, no idea where to go or what to do haha. Helping freshly awakened Tenno gives me a sense of satisfaction and joy, idk, reminds me of me pretty much. So have patience with them, help them with their baby steps. <3 

Everyone starts from scratch, man.

What we should do with new tenno :

1. Let the do what they want

2. Help if asked

3. Dont have high expectation of them -> it will put them in unnecessary pressure

4. Let them do some of the mission so they can learn

5. SHow them how awesome you can be if they ask for it.

thats all the basics. Is not good to rush and offer aid when they dont need it. It will make them bored easily

What I like about new players and do myself sometimes is open everything in the map, I don't get why so much ppl just rush the map leaving a lot of lockers to open, containers to break etc. 

I myself jump slide roll rush the map  but then I realise that I leave so much resource behind and stuff... That I sometimes now just run opening everything searching every room for an ayatan sculpture to mark for everyone to get.

28 minutes ago, TzXtetriC said:

What I like about new players and do myself sometimes is open everything in the map, I don't get why so much ppl just rush the map leaving a lot of lockers to open, containers to break etc. 

I myself jump slide roll rush the map  but then I realise that I leave so much resource behind and stuff... That I sometimes now just run opening everything searching every room for an ayatan sculpture to mark for everyone to get.

Those are different type of players and want to be "effective" there are some player whom like to stayas long in a mission as possible like myself because I collect every material in a mission and like the exploration. I like to find sculptures and find some interesting places, sadly there is not enough variation n the non open world esque maps to be interesting enough. Need a lot more new room to be very unique so hopefully DE will work on them too or let players to create their own maps. 

I have no problem with new players myself also relatively new but I like to be informed and if possible I will inform the new players too when they need infos or help.

3 hours ago, TzXtetriC said:

They can be effective for different reasons, and they know they can really use those resources later on.

I love good new players coz they willing to learn the game. Unlike some veterans that keep ruin my sortie 3 Kuva defense coz they want to camp operative in gas tunnel as wonder why they keep die without watch their surrounding.

I finish this sortie by team up with 3 newbies and they learn to play this map very fast Not even once that We die or Operative go down

2 minutes ago, ScytheFly said:

I love good new players coz they willing to learn the game. Unlike some veterans that keep ruin my sortie 3 Kuva defense coz they want to camp operative in gas tunnel as wonder why they keep die without watch their surrounding.

I finish this sortie by team up with 3 newbies and they learn to play this map very fast Not even once that We die or Operative go down

I rarely play Sorties, so I wouldn't be able to agree or disagree. But it sounds fun nonetheless.

16 hours ago, (Xbox One)Mythical Warden said:

Now let me start this off with, clearly stating that this is my own personal opinion about beginners. This is not a rant, this is not meant to call out people, this is purely all my thought on how new beginners are one of the best things in Warframe.

First off, they don't care what weapons they have or consider "god tier," because they just wanna play at their own pace and make their own decisions, while some people are heavily influenced by the builds that others run. Sure, they may be good, maybe even god tier builds that require god-like mods or rivens, but they go by what they want. Plus, they are willing to do just about ANYTHING. I've met so many new players who are my friends in my squad, and I say "Hey, I gotta go grab some quick resourses," and they'll follow up with saying "Can I come with? Sure, I might not be good but I can try." That, that is loyalty. Even when they know they're not the best and might get dropped on their rear a few times, that's besides the point. The point is that they are willing to do just about anything to help. They don't care if they suck. They just want to help. Sure, some beginners might not want to, but for the ones that do, that's great. Even if you get dropped on your rear, they'd make it their very first goal to rush over to you and help you back up and revive you. In one case, an old veteran of mine, a beginner and I were running a survival mission and we made it a good hour into it, which was VERY surprising. I got killed from a nully and this guy was playing as Mag, rushed over to help me and tried his best to revive me. Don't ask how he did it, but he DID it. He didn't even die. He was surely about to, but the fact he was so commited to picking me back up was amazing. 

When I first started playing, I thought the Bo-staff was the best weapon in the game. Keep in mind, this is the BO STAFF, no orokin catalyst, nothing. A plain, fresh out of the trash can.. Bo staff. I got some cool red and yellow colors [because I couldn't get anything else] for it, and I thought it looked like the best thing ever when you could actually make it AND your Warframe glow at certain parts. I played as Volt at the time, because he was my very first Warframe, and the feeling of dashing around at unbelieveable speeds was amazing. Shocking people with my first ability? I was blown away. I actually had no idea there WAS abilities, I thought it was the basic way of attacking, I thought I only had my bo-staff and my powers.

I love being around noobs because I can remember just how it felt to be like them like it was yesterday. It was like I walked in their own skin. In this case, their own warframe. Jokes asside, beginners can be great players. But they also can be made into a bit more rude character by the people they play with. If they play with a person who tells them "Get this or get this, it's good," or "That weapon is trash, get rid of it, ew," it kills the experience. Beginners should have to go through all that stuff first hand and discover these things their own way, not constantly be influenced by people who consider themselves "Veterans." Yes, I know that don't intend on doing ant harm, all they really want to do is teach the player that some things are good and some things are bad.

I have absolutely nothing wrong with veterans. In fact, I have a few friends who are really chill. Then I have a few people who are brand new who I help. I actually have one friend that I told "Hey, go to your market and tell me which warframe you want." He told be frost, and I was lowkey very proud of him, because I absolutely adore frost, but I went on and told him "Hey, if you want his Prime, go to your news and check out the "Prime with Twitch Prime," but he refused, which was perfectly okay. He even told me "I wanna experience the grind," and I felt so touched by this. And so we did. We farmed the Kril. Over. And over. And eventually, we got it. I even took him to every planet he needed to go to, and I got him what he needed. He was so happy to finally get it, and the fact he was so happy to get it made me feel "Wow.. This is what it's like to helpful." 

There needs to be more people who are willing to help others like this. If people are going to just refuse to help them JUST because they are new and suck bothers me. Because if you can't take the time to at least just help someone with one small thing [that could only take up to 5 minutes or more], and actually be rude to them about it, then what does that make you?

The full point of this is to show that new players need help. They are capable of doing everything by themselves to a certain extent, but if people aren't even going to bother taking the time to help him/her with whatever, even if it is just a short mission, then that might discourage them from playing it. 

Love how you use "noob"(a crap player) instead of "newbie" (new player).