Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Tenno’s Greatest Trailer Contest

[DE]Megan

31 minutes ago, ObsidianTanker said:

Oh gosh, I feel a little in-confident about my trailer, after seeing other people's trailers haha xD

Regardless, here's my trailer :D Good luck to all the entries!

After i'v been pointed to "No text over" which was my whole concept's fundamental ground, its still way better than mine. :P

6 hours ago, Person7557 said:

After seeing all the competition there, i feel ashamed of this creation that i clamped up in one sitting after major setbacks with recording issues and new editing software, but here it goes. Its bad, show little to nothing as the main concept was around text over which is not allowed so i had to scrap that, and... That's all i could manage to scrap in short time. Nothing compared to impact by @NoirKane, and i ain't even gonna try wasting my time to get somewhere close to his video.

Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Nothing to see here. :devil:

Reveal hidden contents

From my point of understanding.
They do not want just a flashy trailer with extra FX, Special effects, extra blurring and zooming, out of modeling moves, they want actual in-game footage of what you like to do. What you find amazing, the perks of their engine.

In that case @Amyte i am dead in the water here. Time wasted. :/

You flatter me man, but keep working at it! Everyone has a shot :P

4 minutes ago, EliteHunterG said:

I've already posted what I have on the forums some time earlier. I just don't know how to embed a video but any feedback would be appreciated! Although I did try to do something different with mine.

Try uploading the video to YouTube. Then, copy the link and paste it on the forums. It should automatically be embedded.

44 minutes ago, (PS4)Reshiram25 said:

So how was it my video? Was it good or moving? I had to pick that song cause y'all LOOOOVE that 2nd dream song I had to find the other song that was sad too.

your trailer was boring. Not much to say about it. also the video quality is not good enough it's not 1080p. The shots are to static you just see most of the time an excalibur standing there using an abilitie here and there mix this together with the super slow boring silent music and you get a very boring trailer. I can't see any concept or goal you worked with in the trailer. It just shows us a few random clips without anything happening. This is an action game it's all about that action guns blazing, sh*t exploding, blazing fast action. I cant't see that from your trailer. the beginning was not bad but immediatly you just show a random excalibur standing somewhere with things happening and stuff, new people are not going to understand what is happening and will find this trailer extremely boring. After that excalibur shot you show us a random vay hek scene in gray and white? why did you do that it feels so unnecesarry and stupid. you literally are showing the bosses with some sad music while he is whirling his little claws. It looks pathetic and stupid. It was almost painfull to watch this through.  after that we get another stationary boring excalibur scene where he uses a few abilities but shows exactly nothing. After that we got an excalibur walking (hey some movement). And just before you can get an epic good cinematic shot of how good the plains look you cut of the trailer with the warframe logo.

I didn't want to be too harsh at first but after watching this a couple of times i can only say this, this is garbage absolutely one of the worst trailers i have seen in my life, i'm not good with editing but i can 100% tell you for sure that i'm just as capable as you because all you do is slap together some random recordings to form a garbage trailer. I hope this is a troll and not you being serious, i hope you made this with only the participation glyph in mind. Because if you are serious i can only break the honest truth to you, this trailer is absolute sh*t and should not even be on this post and you asking for an opinion is just further insulting yourself. I didn't want to trash someone about their trailers because i'm not a good editor myself. But this is just ridiculous, you asking if this was good ? moving? I really hope you are joking here. This whole trailer made me constantly want to click away about how boring it is and how little it tells about the game. There is not a single good concept in the trailer and the music is horrendous for this trailer too. The song doesn't sound sad but yes with your trailer attached to it, it is pretty sad.

edit:

also text in the beginning and ending already (and luckily) disqualifies your work here.

Edited by mwolfamirgaulm

16 minutes ago, mwolfamirgaulm said:

your trailer was boring. Not much to say about it. also the video quality is not good enough it's not 1080p. The shots are to static you just see most of the time an excalibur standing there using an abilitie here and there mix this together with the super slow boring silent music and you get a very boring trailer. I can't see any concept or goal you worked with in the trailer. It just shows us a few random clips without anything happening. This is an action game it's all about that action guns blazing, sh*t exploding, blazing fast action. I cant't see that from your trailer. the beginning was not bad but immediatly you just show a random excalibur standing somewhere with things happening and stuff, new people are not going to understand what is happening and will find this trailer extremely boring. After that excalibur shot you show us a random vay hek scene in gray and white? why did you do that it feels so unnecesarry and stupid. you literally are showing the bosses with some sad music while he is whirling his little claws. It looks pathetic and stupid. It was almost painfull to watch this through.  after that we get another stationary boring excalibur scene where he uses a few abilities but shows exactly nothing. After that we got an excalibur walking (hey some movement). And just before you can get an epic good cinematic shot of how good the plains look you cut of the trailer with the warframe logo.

I didn't want to be too harsh at first but after watching this a couple of times i can only say this, this is garbage absolutely one of the worst trailers i have seen in my life, i'm not good with editing but i can 100% tell you for sure that i'm just as capable as you because all you do is slap together some random recordings to form a garbage trailer. I hope this is a troll and not you being serious, i hope you made this with only the participation glyph in mind. Because if you are serious i can only break the honest truth to you, this trailer is absolute sh*t and should not even be on this post and you asking for an opinion is just further insulting yourself. I didn't want to trash someone about their trailers because i'm not a good editor myself. But this is just ridiculous, you asking if ti was good ? moving? I really hope you are joking here. This whole trailer made me constantly want to click away about how boring it is and how little it tells about the game. There is not a single good concept in the trailer and the music is horrendous for this trailer too. The song doesn't sound sad but yes with your trailer attached to it, it is pretty sad.

edit:

also text in the beginning and ending already (and luckily) disqualifies your work here.

I know you said you didn't want to be a $&*^ (I agree with you actually) but DAMN. That's some hard-&#! criticism

9 minutes ago, (Xbox One)LegendRaptor080 said:

I know you said you didn't want to be a $&*^ (I agree with you actually) but DAMN. That's some hard-&#! criticism

Was just getting slowly tired of the many mediocre at best trailers and then you have a guy with one of the worst trailers asking if it is good and moving:facepalm:

I just hope my criticism gets him out of his fantasybubble. (if he is not trolling of course :P )

Edited by mwolfamirgaulm

36 minutes ago, (Xbox One)K1tt3nSaurusRex said:

0.0 As soon as I saw this contest I got started! Well I finished finally, Let me know what you think! 

No text is allowed you will have to change that if you want to participate. Also the trailer is a bit boring, to much stationary scenes, maybe also add some more action? Good visuals,fashionframe and music though.

ATTENTION ALL TENNO LOOKING FOR FREE VIDEO EDITING SOFTWARE FOR CONTEST PARTICIPATION

Been seeing a lot of posts here seeing a lot of people asking where to get some decent software for video editing, here are my top suggestions:

Hitfilm Express - it's a blend of both video editing software with a visual effects editor

DaVinci Resolve - by BlackMagic Design, a powerful video editing software with outstanding color correction and grading tools

Edited by mohawkade

2 hours ago, k1tt3nsaurusrex said:

When exporting, H.264 is good? Thats what I use with my projects, I don't want to be immediately disqualified because its the the wrong codecs.

I believe it should be alrighty, I read in on YV2 or whatever its called, and I believe its something like h.264. I also use H.264. They have not yet answered any questions however, so don't count on DE with any questions... Not even one of the staff members is following the topic. (unless they are hidden ofc) SO you can ask all you want but expect answers to come either last second, or not at all. I asked a few questions a week ago, still not a single reaction.

38 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

If I see one more of these using the Second Dream Theme...

Come on guys, the Archwing themes are some of the best here.

Reveal hidden contents

If I hadnt started yet I would have used that song... I am already halfway done, so I wont change my music anymore. maybe next time I can use this music :D

This took longer than expected, and a lot of effort, but it was fun to make, im not a good editor or anything but i do know some tricks with sony vegas, that equinox and excalibur parts were terrible to make, let me know what you think before i send it to the trailer submission o/ you guys have no idea the amount of videos i recorded trying to make this