Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Tenno’s Greatest Trailer Contest

[DE]Megan

A few questions:

Can we edit the soundtrack? To what extent? Can we remix the melodies, etc?

On 11/10/2017 at 2:01 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Use whatever you think best represents Warframe and whatever video styles you prefer - be that in-game footage, or Captura to show what makes Warframe special.

Is the rule just worded rather poorly, or does the trailer not have to be made from actual in-game visuals? For example a video made from SFM with official content.

Are we supposed to or allowed to include a word card? I'm guessing the 25 seconds is so you guys add something at the end, maybe?

Final video must be uploaded to YouTube for review. Finalists will be contacted for raw assets. 

Youtube's compression algorithms are rather damaging, especially for fast paced action with lots of particles. Is it possible for us to upload the video file itself to a host service? (I understand the upload is only for review, but it won't help your chances if everything looks all muddy :P)

• File Sizes: Keep footage under 4gb per file.

If we have to upload to Youtube, why is this relevant? Youtube's bitrates are pretty standard across all videos and uploads will be converted to their settings no matter how big the original file was.

Lastly, can you submit if you have a 2035 suspension? There seems to be nothing keeping you from entering if you don't even actually play the game, or are unable to. Is access to the game required to receive a prize? It makes sense that DE would maybe not want to select someone who was banned as a winner, especially if the trailer will be widely publicized and possibly credited to said player.

37 minutes ago, CakedOnDirt said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2sTwqk6N1M&feature=youtu.be

I don't understand the "Your Warframe Forum submission: *"  

I also don't know how to post a video like you guys.

@CakedOnDirt Just copy paste the link into the forum. Don't do the "insert Media"

also, use the link that you get from the "Share" button on youtube :) that should do the trick

56 minutes ago, Js-Sey said:

A few questions:

Can we edit the soundtrack? To what extent? Can we remix the melodies, etc?

Is the rule just worded rather poorly, or does the trailer not have to be made from actual in-game visuals? For example a video made from SFM with official content.

Are we supposed to or allowed to include a word card? I'm guessing the 25 seconds is so you guys add something at the end, maybe?

Youtube's compression algorithms are rather damaging, especially for fast paced action with lots of particles. Is it possible for us to upload the video file itself to a host service? (I understand the upload is only for review, but it won't help your chances if everything looks all muddy :P)

If we have to upload to Youtube, why is this relevant? Youtube's bitrates are pretty standard across all videos and uploads will be converted to their settings no matter how big the original file was.

Lastly, can you submit if you have a 2035 suspension? There seems to be nothing keeping you from entering if you don't even actually play the game, or are unable to. Is access to the game required to receive a prize? It makes sense that DE would maybe not want to select someone who was banned as a winner, especially if the trailer will be widely publicized and possibly credited to said player.

I'm not the one who can reply to all of your questions but this is what I'm thinking:

• Music: you're only allowed to use the official soundtrack. I think you can layer different melodies and maybe (not sure) slow them down/speed them up. Editing them by cutting out pieces is just fine.
  • Pretty sure you can only use Captura mode or/and in-game footage. 
  • I think DE just wants us to make the video itself and they'll use the winner's footage and add the necessary stuff.
  • About the 2035 suspension: good question :P 

You're 100% correct about the YouTube part though lol

Swazdo-lah, Tenno!

I am close to finishing my piece, can anyone from Zariman crew verify if this would be indeed accepted?

Format: H.264 / 1920x1080 60FPS Output file as .mp4

Audio: Audacity Official Soundtrack mix 44100 Hz 32-bit float Output file as .wav

I know they mentioned RGB24 and other codecs but I can't tell if H.264 will still do the same job.

[EDIT] Ok, I did some research. So regarding audio, it needs to be compiled as PCM / linear instead of float. I got that! :)

Edited by Wawus

26 minutes ago, Wawus said:

Swazdo-lah, Tenno!

I am close to finishing my piece, can anyone from Zariman crew verify if this would be indeed accepted?

Format: H.264 / 1920x1080 60FPS Output file as .mp4

Audio: Audacity Official Soundtrack mix 44100 Hz 32-bit float Output file as .wav

I know they mentioned RGB24 and other codecs but I can't tell if H.264 will still do the same job.

[EDIT] Ok, I did some research. So regarding audio, it needs to be compiled as PCM / linear instead of float. I got that! :)

@Wawus those are the settings i used :) it should work just fine!

15 hours ago, HandOfTaurus said:

Ok, Here is mine. This is what Warframe is to me personally. Shooting, parkour, and blowing enemies away with powers.... while looking amazing the whole time.

Hey, if yall don't mind. Drop me some feedback on this. I'm open to whatever, kinda new to the video making department.

Alright, many people said they loved my first entry, save for the music change at the end. So I'm re-uploading a new version without the music change, and the first song simply being extended to the end. Since the gameplay is the focus, I'll not try to mess it up with my shoddy audio mixing :p

But thank you to everyone who supported my entry and left their feedback on my channel. My first entry hit nearly 900 views in just over a week. Let's see how well this one does? :)