Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Console] Operation: Plague Star!

[DE]Rebecca

I been playing Warframe for over 4 years and I wanted to say I love what y’all doing. The open world is a hug plus. It keep me with something to do. One bad thing is when you in Cetus going to the plains it slow in opening the doors or disband the group. Other than that y’all doing a wonderful time. 

I certainly haven't read all 28 pages here, and I'm not going to offer up a full-on review, but I will say I'm digging this event. 

I've never been one to complain about having to traverse large areas, so having to run a few hundred meters between event stages doesn't bother me in the least. I like the sequence of things you need to do, feels like a fun mix of defense, exterminate, mobile defense, etc. 

The hemocyte battle is fun, though it took me a little while to figure out how the heck to actually kill it. The one thing I ask (probably too late now for a fix I guess) would be for things like the hemocyte cystolith that drops when you kill it, to be either delivered directly to your inventory as a reward, or for it to have some kind of obvious UI/map marker like the Ayatan Stars do. I just ran an instance and didn't check to make sure I picked it up...got back to Cetus, and realized I had missed it, which sucks. It wasn't a TOTAL waste since I still got standing (liking the rewards from Nakak, btw...relatively easy way to farm Forma? Yes please!).

Overall, it's really just that issue with the cystolith being easy to miss. Other than that, I'm liking it. Good job, DE. 

*edit*  - sure as heck wouldn't mind the credit payouts being higher though...roughly 2500-3000 credits for a 25ish minute solo run feels pretty underwhelming. 

*edit 2* Those repetitive voice lines, especially from Vay Hek, throughout the final stage...really obnoxious after only a few runs. At most, he should say each line ONCE, and then SHUT UP, not keep on cycling through and repeating the same lines over and over every thirty seconds or so like he seems to do now. 

Edited by (XB1)Trippul G
Comment on repetitive voice lines

On 11/10/2017 at 4:58 PM, Stoner74 said:

No leaderboards? Really?? 

I lead a competitive clan and all we've been waiting for is something we can compete on, like an official event. Without Leaderboards, our options become VERY VERY limited. Huge disappointment. 

Hide contents

giphy.gif

On 11/10/2017 at 5:04 PM, --Q--Voltage said:

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
    Konzu has a Plague Star Specific Bounty for you. Completing the series of Bounty Missions will earn you continued OPERATION STANDING to shop for all the Event Rewards! You should to speak to Konzu at Cetus to begin running the Plague Star Bounty!

ConcernedIncompleteDunnart-size_restrict 
No Leaderboard as well? Why not just make this an alert then?

funny gifs but anyways- chilllllllllllllll
just build your catolysts, farm the crud out of the hemocytes for gold clan trophies and there you go ... atleast you guys can- my 3 man clan soon to be uno me can barely get to ... idk bronze? gonna try- i cant rely on anyone joining my guild to help donate say 25k ferrite and 15k plastids and im broke on both materials so yay huge grind, huge wait, huge hemocyte grind, huge wait- just because i want my clan to have proof that they earned it ... and something shinier than my f#cking badge ... btw i get ppl need blueprints but if you're just gonna join a clan for free stuf then f#ck off what's the point of clans beyond a trade hotspot and a bunch of giant bloody rooms i spent working on for you to use and enjoy..... rant no one will ever give a sh#t about

Well it was a good attempt, i have to admit the option of being in a clan or a solo player was implemented nicely but over on xbox this event is NOT being friendly. a whole array of issues include:

Bounty canceling when going from Cetus to Plains (both in squad and public)
Full game crash loading to plains (applicable in squads but not going into public)
No leaderboards this event (i enjoy the competitive feel)
cache verfication failure loading into plains (this is on console here!)

I don't want to throw the "how did this get through Cert" line at you but....

59 minutes ago, (Xbox One)MadMazzo said:

Will Nakak gives her prizes after the end of the event? If yes for a limited period or for ever?

I'd like to know this as well. Also, regarding the clan trophies...if I don't start building one before the event ends, will I be SOL? 

I'd like to wait til it's over, assess my stock of cystoliths (I'm in a small Ghost clan, but it's essentially me doing all the work), and then build whatever trophy I can. 

Basically, I don't want to get stuck in a situation where I start building a Silver trophy for example, but fail to amass the 50 required cystoliths, then find that I'm stuck with an incomplete trophy and am unable to build anything else once the event is over.

Likewise, I don't want to build a bronze trophy now, then go on and get another 25 cystoliths, and realize that if I had saved them all, I could've built a Silver.

Not really sure what I should do here, and I'm worried I'm going to somehow get screwed. :\

Complaining about not having a leaderboard is silly. I mean NAKAK is literally selling ALREADY BUILT FORMA. 

Pfft leaderboards, screw that. Thanks DE for giving me the opportunity to stockpile forma. I've got everything else too and doubles of the infested zaw parts. I like this event alot and I kinda hope to see more like this. Right now my goal is to get as much forma I can before the event ends and collect enough cytoliths to make all the statues for my dojo. For me , IMO , that serves as more of an accomplishment than your name on a board.

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)Trippul G said:

I'd like to know this as well. Also, regarding the clan trophies...if I don't start building one before the event ends, will I be SOL? 

I'd like to wait til it's over, assess my stock of cystoliths (I'm in a small Ghost clan, but it's essentially me doing all the work), and then build whatever trophy I can. 

Basically, I don't want to get stuck in a situation where I start building a Silver trophy for example, but fail to amass the 50 required cystoliths, then find that I'm stuck with an incomplete trophy and am unable to build anything else once the event is over.

Likewise, I don't want to build a bronze trophy now, then go on and get another 25 cystoliths, and realize that if I had saved them all, I could've built a Silver.

Not really sure what I should do here, and I'm worried I'm going to somehow get screwed. :\

I would like to know more about this too. Particularly if the statue is already building  and is just looking for contributions will the events end lead to the statues that are still waiting on contributions to disappear and everyone who contributed getting everything back?

On 11/10/2017 at 3:51 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Operation: Plague Star is live until November 27th at 2 p.m ET!

Operation: Plague Star is going live on PS4 and Xbox One December 1st at 2 p.m. ET - December 11th at 2 p.m. ET!

OperationPlagueStar_Keyart.png

A new Operation is here. Play Operation: Plague Star next week!

Operation: Plague Star.
Rally your Squad and defend the Plains of Eidolon!

A mysterious meteorite has crashed just outside of Cetus revealing a horrific boil. The boil is growing and the Ostrons have sighted infested lifeforms emerging from it. We need to act now before they make their way to Cetus.

Konzu has received reports that Vay Hek possesses a toxin that can destroy the boil. But Vay Hek won’t help; he sees this infested boil as a means to rid the Plains of Cetus and the Ostrons.

We need to get ahold of the toxin and destroy the boil before it becomes unstoppable. Visit Konzu in Cetus to learn his plan for retrieving the toxin from Vay Hek.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
    Konzu has a Plague Star Specific Bounty for you. Completing the series of Bounty Missions will earn you continued OPERATION STANDING to shop for all the Event Rewards! You should to speak to Konzu at Cetus to begin running the Plague Star Bounty!

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
    The Plague Star Bounty starts with enemies in the Medium difficulty range, but you can increase the stakes. The more Bounties you complete, the more standing you earn toward something new: Operation Syndicate! NAKAK, the oddities vendor, represents the OPERATIONAL SUPPLY Syndicate for Operation: Plague Star! The Rewards NAKAK holds to exchange for standing aren't just vanity - some allow you to increase the stakes to earn more!

EVENT REWARDS!
Much like the way we used a token system for the Ambulas Reborn event, we have taken that idea one step further. REMINDER: NAKAK, the oddities vendor, represents the OPERATIONAL SUPPLY Syndicate for Operation: Plague Star!

Visit NAKAK with earned standing to choose your Operation Rewards!

NEW:

EIDOLON PHYLAXIS: Equip to earn more standing and make the event harder levels!
Infested Zaw Components!
Event Emblem!
Infested Zaw Exodia

RETURNING:
Ether Daggers
Snipetron
Fulmination Mod
Sacrifice Mod

GENERAL:

CETUS items are available for purchase with Operation Standing!

CLAN SCORING & REWARDS:

INFESTED CATALYST: Summon Hemocyte for rewards & a higher score! Defeating Hemocyte houses 6 new Mods!
HUNTER SET MODS: Drop from the summoning of HEMOCYTES. Infested Catalyst are required for these!
Hunter Adrenaline
Hunter Command
Hunter Munitions
Hunter Recovery
Hunter Synergy
Hunter Track

There are no Leaderboards for this event, instead there are Terracotta, Bronze, Silver, and Gold Trophies to be built and earned as your Clan ascends through and builds new items! The 'Hemocyte Cystolith' is required for building. Equip the Infested Catalyst and slay the Hemocyte to gather these!

Scoring Edit:

Please note that a default run earns 1000 Operational Syndicate Standing.
Each used Infested Catalyst is worth and additional 250 (4 max).
Each used Eidolon Phylaxis is worth an additional 250 (4 max).

This means a Solo Player bringing 4 of each can earn 3000 independently, or a squad of 4 with one each can also earn 3000.

the new Kubrow mods to help them become more lethal while also helping the warframe is really good  WiDzK5X.jpg

The only issue is on Xbox it’s very common for a mission to crash before entering Edilon when with team so I’ve been soloing the cyst boss which is a good exercise lol killing 4 of them in a row was very fun I must say tommarow I’m doing 3 runs of that solo lol but I’d have more chances with a group using only 1 of each item needed sadly  but I have 3 out of the hunter set mods so I’m hoping to get all of them really while working on getting either free prebuilt Forma or resources sense I bAughtthe zaw parts already Blank+_ec121500b20545ab1b533dcd93a556b7.

One quick piece of feedback on Operation Plague Star:

When you take the bounty from Konzu, it says level 15-25, I believe it is (currently afk, so can't check). Why then, when playing yesterday, did the mission take me over 1000m due north (straight ahead when leaving the gates), to engage with Grineer who were consistently between level 30 and 35? That doesn't seem very well thought out, or fair to newer players who may not be able to handle that unexpected difficulty. 

My other bit of feedback is regarding the mixer portion (stage 2) of the quest. I feel like there needs to be more of a visual and/or aural indication given to the player when the mixing station is taking damage or nearing destruction. Several times now, I've had it go from full health to completely destroyed in literally about 5 seconds. I usually play as Frost and drop a snow globe around the mixer, then run around its perimeter, picking off whoever is within range. Amidst all the chaos of Bombards and those annoyingly un-counterable and un-dodgeable wall of flame attacks, it can be very easy to miss the tiny little number and health bar readout on the left of screen. A few times now, I've had a guy slip past my defenses, and even though he's inside my globe and is being slowed, he can still somehow attack fast enough to destroy the mixer in, like I said, a matter of only a few quick seconds. Last I knew, everything was fine, then suddenly it's "mission failed". Doesn't seem very fair. 

TL;DR - 1) if a mission says it's level 15 to 25, I shouldn't be running into level 35 enemies. 2) Mixing station can be destroyed far too quickly, needs some sort of visual/aural queue that it's taking damage, as the health bar is easily overlooked. 

On 11/10/2017 at 2:51 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Operation: Plague Star is live until November 27th at 2 p.m ET!

Operation: Plague Star is going live on PS4 and Xbox One December 1st at 2 p.m. ET - December 18th at 2 p.m. ET!

OperationPlagueStar_Keyart.png

A new Operation is here. Play Operation: Plague Star next week!

Operation: Plague Star.
Rally your Squad and defend the Plains of Eidolon!

A mysterious meteorite has crashed just outside of Cetus revealing a horrific boil. The boil is growing and the Ostrons have sighted infested lifeforms emerging from it. We need to act now before they make their way to Cetus.

Konzu has received reports that Vay Hek possesses a toxin that can destroy the boil. But Vay Hek won’t help; he sees this infested boil as a means to rid the Plains of Cetus and the Ostrons.

We need to get ahold of the toxin and destroy the boil before it becomes unstoppable. Visit Konzu in Cetus to learn his plan for retrieving the toxin from Vay Hek.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
    The Plague Star Bounty starts with enemies in the Medium difficulty range, but you can increase the stakes. The more Bounties you complete, the more standing you earn toward something new: Operation Syndicate! NAKAK, the oddities vendor, represents the OPERATIONAL SUPPLY Syndicate for Operation: Plague Star! The Rewards NAKAK holds to exchange for standing aren't just vanity - some allow you to increase the stakes to earn more!

EVENT REWARDS!
Much like the way we used a token system for the Ambulas Reborn event, we have taken that idea one step further. REMINDER: NAKAK, the oddities vendor, represents the OPERATIONAL SUPPLY Syndicate for Operation: Plague Star!

Visit NAKAK with earned standing to choose your Operation Rewards!

NEW:

EIDOLON PHYLAXIS: Equip to earn more standing and make the event harder levels!
Infested Zaw Components!
Event Emblem!
Infested Zaw Exodia

RETURNING:
Ether Daggers
Snipetron
Fulmination Mod
Sacrifice Mod

GENERAL:

CETUS items are available for purchase with Operation Standing!

CLAN SCORING & REWARDS:

INFESTED CATALYST: Summon Hemocyte for rewards & a higher score! Defeating Hemocyte houses 6 new Mods!
HUNTER SET MODS: Drop from the summoning of HEMOCYTES. Infested Catalyst are required for these!
Hunter Adrenaline
Hunter Command
Hunter Munitions
Hunter Recovery
Hunter Synergy
Hunter Track

There are no Leaderboards for this event, instead there are Terracotta, Bronze, Silver, and Gold Trophies to be built and earned as your Clan ascends through and builds new items! The 'Hemocyte Cystolith' is required for building. Equip the Infested Catalyst and slay the Hemocyte to gather these!

Scoring Edit:

Please note that a default run earns 1000 Operational Syndicate Standing.
Each used Infested Catalyst is worth and additional 250 (4 max).
Each used Eidolon Phylaxis is worth an additional 250 (4 max).

This means a Solo Player bringing 4 of each can earn 3000 independently, or a squad of 4 with one each can also earn 3000.

Loved the event.