Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Console] Operation: Plague Star!

[DE]Rebecca

Hey DE can you look at the Hemocyst spawnings? I can defeat the first 3 easily enough...but the fourth ramps up like crazy :| iirc, the level is 20,20,30,40....or was it 20x3 then a sudden 40? I normally wouldnt be having an issue...except that its HP for each part shoots up like crazy compared to the previous 3...as does its damage.....op top of the rest of the infested swarms....lets just say its an annoyance.

On 2017/11/16 at 1:30 AM, [DE]Danielle said:

Tenno! Yesterday's console launch means that Plains of Eidolon is live on all platforms (YAY!), and as a thank you for your amazing support, we’re equipping you with the Vectis and Vectis Tekelu Skin! Wreak havoc on those Tusk Grineers and look good doing it.

warframe_PoELaunch_VectisGiveaway_SM_640

Redeem this code in-game in the Market or at warframe.com/promocode
FN6B-8RML-MLH6-GM2N

The code is case sensitive and requires the dashes to be submitted successfully. Code expires on February 15th, 2018, so get it while it’s hot! 

Thanks again, Tenno :lotus: We hope you're enjoying your time in the Plains!

I just find it sad that so many "suppoters" of this franchise can be so fickle and up in arms just because their oversized clan can't "dominate the leaderboard" from mere presence. If you take in to account the amount of people who either walked away or just joining the community, this event is great for returning players to experience something new as well as gives new players a challenge to strive for. Hopefully in the future there will be an event designed to cater to the "competitive" prima donna clans that just want to step on each other for a meaningless list. Too bad they can't just support and enjoy... -.-

I figured I might as well give my two cents

Overall,I enjoyed the event,even more so the rewards...I bothered grinding the gold trophy for my solo clan with help from my friends,and overall,it was enjoyable...did I use lots of archwing spawners?Yep,way more than what I imagined...Did I mind it?A little bit,to be honest...if for some of the missions you'd run about 2and a half-ish hundred meters,for others you'd have to run that only for the first two parts,which could drag them a bit...however,the statue is as nice as every other,the zaws are pretty sweet,the exodias more so,and hell,I adore the hunter mods collection-finally,my companion,Isaac,can restore me health by simply attacking...and yeah,there's also the munitions mod,though I don't really use it....the other mods are fine too,and the set could boost the companion damage,which is fine,I guess,though it won't make me concentrate my builds around them...anyhow,if the kavat of the new frame,Kora,was it,scales with the damage buff,it could end up being a smart thing to mod for it~yeah,anyhow,the even was nice,good thing it scaled well for a solo clan,because that was my first operation for this lovely clan of mine....Then,there were these insta fails I suffered several times...for reasons unknown,guess the mixer overloaded or something?But these were rare,and with them being quickly fixed I don't mind it...as for the rewards,and more so,the standing,I loved how you lads handled the "adjustment" in it,giving us our stuff back,plus the standing,which was more than welcomed :D

8/10,could've walked less,still enjoyed it!

• Like 1

I've a question about the rewards :

is the Nakak trading area ( standings for items etc ) going to STAY after the event ends ?

or do I need to redeem all I want from there BEFORE the event ends ?

Basically, can I keep accumulating points and decide with calm after the event completes, if I need more of something that Nakak now has on offer ?

On 11/10/2017 at 3:51 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Operation: Plague Star is live until November 27th at 2 p.m ET!

OperationPlagueStar_Keyart.png

A new Operation is here. Play Operation: Plague Star next week!

Operation: Plague Star.
Rally your Squad and defend the Plains of Eidolon!

A mysterious meteorite has crashed just outside of Cetus revealing a horrific boil. The boil is growing and the Ostrons have sighted infested lifeforms emerging from it. We need to act now before they make their way to Cetus.

Konzu has received reports that Vay Hek possesses a toxin that can destroy the boil. But Vay Hek won’t help; he sees this infested boil as a means to rid the Plains of Cetus and the Ostrons.

We need to get ahold of the toxin and destroy the boil before it becomes unstoppable. Visit Konzu in Cetus to learn his plan for retrieving the toxin from Vay Hek.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
    Konzu has a Plague Star Specific Bounty for you. Completing the series of Bounty Missions will earn you continued OPERATION STANDING to shop for all the Event Rewards! You should to speak to Konzu at Cetus to begin running the Plague Star Bounty!

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
    The Plague Star Bounty starts with enemies in the Medium difficulty range, but you can increase the stakes. The more Bounties you complete, the more standing you earn toward something new: Operation Syndicate! NAKAK, the oddities vendor, represents the OPERATIONAL SUPPLY Syndicate for Operation: Plague Star! The Rewards NAKAK holds to exchange for standing aren't just vanity - some allow you to increase the stakes to earn more!

EVENT REWARDS!
Much like the way we used a token system for the Ambulas Reborn event, we have taken that idea one step further. REMINDER: NAKAK, the oddities vendor, represents the OPERATIONAL SUPPLY Syndicate for Operation: Plague Star!

Visit NAKAK with earned standing to choose your Operation Rewards!

NEW:

EIDOLON PHYLAXIS: Equip to earn more standing and make the event harder levels!
Infested Zaw Components!
Event Emblem!
Infested Zaw Exodia

RETURNING:
Ether Daggers
Snipetron
Fulmination Mod
Sacrifice Mod

GENERAL:

CETUS items are available for purchase with Operation Standing!

CLAN SCORING & REWARDS:

INFESTED CATALYST: Summon Hemocyte for rewards & a higher score! Defeating Hemocyte houses 6 new Mods!
HUNTER SET MODS: Drop from the summoning of HEMOCYTES. Infested Catalyst are required for these!
Hunter Adrenaline
Hunter Command
Hunter Munitions
Hunter Recovery
Hunter Synergy
Hunter Track

There are no Leaderboards for this event, instead there are Terracotta, Bronze, Silver, and Gold Trophies to be built and earned as your Clan ascends through and builds new items! The 'Hemocyte Cystolith' is required for building. Equip the Infested Catalyst and slay the Hemocyte to gather these!

Scoring Edit:

Please note that a default run earns 1000 Operational Syndicate Standing.
Each used Infested Catalyst is worth and additional 250 (4 max).
Each used Eidolon Phylaxis is worth an additional 250 (4 max).

This means a Solo Player bringing 4 of each can earn 3000 independently, or a squad of 4 with one each can also earn 3000.

Soooo..... do console players get this event or no? because i've been waiting and it's not here for xbox... 

One of the more annoying events I've ever played...

The cross-country traveling... 1.5km then 3km... is absolutely horrendous.

Host migration stops the bounty entirely.

Players "leeching" games. Talking about Infested Catalyst and Eidolon Phylaxis. Heck they're even open about it. "FILL IN THE TOXINS!"

What I liked?

The rewards are nice, probably the only thing that's motivating me to play this event.

Having a semi boss fight in a open field is always fun, even tho low spec hosts kinda kills the experience.

What I think could've been added?

How about adding mutagen samples as a drop? No too much to ask?

Overall I say 3/10, with barely a week left and hotfixes are still going out... I hope console players appreciate it.

Edited by DaMasque
i can't spell

Here's my reduced sodium take on the event, hope this feedback helps!

Pros:

I thought the bounty mission itself was fantastic and fun (bear in mind my last event was The Pacifism Defect). The flow of the phases makes sense and puts our efforts in context versus pointless errand-running. The final phase is my favorite: having to fight a gigantic boss in a large open area while being swarmed with Infested monsters was exciting and hectic and unlike anything I've done in Warframe (don't care if it's a reskinned Lephantis, the setting is different without a bullet-sponge phase). Kudos for adding the ability for players to choose how difficult they want the final fight to be, easier to scale up or down for veterans and novices alike.

The variety of the rewards themselves is great; I think it has something for everyone depending on their progress through Warframe (and it's not all Plains of Eidolon-specific either). The new Hunter mods are powerful and add more playstyles to my loadouts, and in some cases completely replacing some of my standard mods (i.e. Rage). I also very much liked being able to choose my own rewards versus grinding a pre-defined number of times for each one. And reducing the grindwall for standing was hugely appreciated, gave me access to all the rewards much earlier. Thank you.

Cons:

Some bugs, like insta-failing the mixer portion immediately upon starting it, get annoying; but then again I'd be worried if Warframe had a bug-free event, means you aren't pushing the envelope enough. Also, while I and probably the vast majority of players don't care about leaderboards, I don't want to hear constant complaining about their absence. Maybe at the end of the event, you could just publish the top 10 clans in each size that have the most gold trophys or collected the most Hemocyte Cystoliths so they can compare their efforts against their competitive peers.

Finally, first part of the bounty is sometimes 1.5-2km from the mixer itself, or the Cetus gate; practically begging the use of Skywing charges in the first two phases most of the time. I believe you should've gifted everyone like 200 charges at the start of the event, or made them purchasable for Plague Star standing (cheaply) to alleviate this.

Le 22.11.2017 à 15:44, mazzinia a dit :

I've a question about the rewards :

is the Nakak trading area ( standings for items etc ) going to STAY after the event ends ?

or do I need to redeem all I want from there BEFORE the event ends ?

Basically, can I keep accumulating points and decide with calm after the event completes, if I need more of something that Nakak now has on offer ?

That`s a very good question, I`ll double it.

so i have a question regarding Hok's Specials

as of this post and 10 hours left Hok is selling an infested Zaw (looks like a rapier i guess):
FENUmFW.jpg

will this be a permanent way to eventually get the infested zaws or will it ONLY be during the operation? I hope its the former as this would be a great way for anyone to at least have a chance at getting them...even if it is for plat.

After reading through this, it's obvious that there's quite a bit of mess behind the scenes.  For a moment, let's play a reasonable moderation.

The removal of leader boards is a way to get people playing.  If you were new to the game, and when you came in your small clan was effectively marginalized from the word go it would mean that you would never want to become a veteran player.  Yes, veterans don't get to war over perceived dedication.  At the same time, the veteran population seems to largely flow based upon content releases.  New blood is necessary to buy that content, and keep paying for development.

Likewise, the length of this event is pretty open.  People with outside lives can put in 20-30 minutes for a run, and get 4 Hemocytes.  It's possible to do this as a solo player, or the 10000 you'll need for a gigantic clan.  This doesn't require you forego life in favor of the game, and I can see where veterans take umbrage with the perceived loss of...status I'd guess.

The above stated, this is a pretty mediocre event.  Most of the time is spent walking, unless you've spent the resources for an archwing.  If you've got that, the biggest pain is protecting the mixer (I've literally had it go from full health to dead in less than 3 seconds).  Cue another run, and you finally get to the....fun...part.  With the spawn rate and huge enemy attack area you're either going to have to limit spawns or cheese it.  In the case of the former even low level players have a crack at the rewards, and in the later the right frame and gun make it a waiting game between vulnerability rather than a challenge.

My feedback is as follows:

Duration: 8/10 - Long enough, over a holiday, and a reasonable time investment.

Difficulty: 6/10 - High variability, but largely a time sink to traverse largely non-interactive planes.  Also, grass draw distance is wonky. 

Rewards: 2/10 - Bringing back 4 items, with 7 new ones, is great.  The smattering of resources filling out the rest of the options points to frustration with Warframe becoming a Harvest Moon sequel rather than space ninjas.  

Perceived Effort: 1/10 - This event seems to be a reskin, patchwork of old content, and poor communication.

Draw for New/Returning Players: 1/10 - If this is the direct the game is headed in, then I see no reason to play between content patches.  After taking nearly 2 years off, I came back to a community divided between the irrational veterans and the casual players.  Warframe needs both, but never seems to develop either fully.  

I understand dedication.  I can partially understand having the game in Beta over all these years.  What I don't understand is why nobody seems to talk.  Players who have put in time shout about what they deserve.  DE engages at the community, without a clear line of communication and goals; every new discussion is a morass of new features and ideas that are at best half realized. 

Seriously, let's understand how we move forward.  DE needs money, which is largely a function of new players buying themselves in.  Digital currency is traded about the system, and hoarded by the hardcore players.  These veterans don't need to spend cash, but do on cosmetics because why not.  Events like this can get new players into the game, and allow DE to chug along and keep developing.  Maybe this isn't a great event, but it is good.  Good is enough to get new people playing, so the next content patch can be another Hema for veterans (seriously, why is that still a thing?). 

It's asking a lot, but maybe it's time to let this just be an OK event, and start pinning down the goals for the next one.  DE has never been good at preventing feature creep, and for once I'd like to see a smaller scale event that just works well.  There's plenty of old features that need fixing, and it really is time to see them get a stable foundation together before slopping another floor onto this game's architectural nightmare construction.

On November 10, 2017 at 9:51 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Operation: Plague Star is live until November 27th at 2 p.m ET!

OperationPlagueStar_Keyart.png

A new Operation is here. Play Operation: Plague Star next week!

Operation: Plague Star.
Rally your Squad and defend the Plains of Eidolon!

A mysterious meteorite has crashed just outside of Cetus revealing a horrific boil. The boil is growing and the Ostrons have sighted infested lifeforms emerging from it. We need to act now before they make their way to Cetus.

Konzu has received reports that Vay Hek possesses a toxin that can destroy the boil. But Vay Hek won’t help; he sees this infested boil as a means to rid the Plains of Cetus and the Ostrons.

We need to get ahold of the toxin and destroy the boil before it becomes unstoppable. Visit Konzu in Cetus to learn his plan for retrieving the toxin from Vay Hek.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
    Konzu has a Plague Star Specific Bounty for you. Completing the series of Bounty Missions will earn you continued OPERATION STANDING to shop for all the Event Rewards! You should to speak to Konzu at Cetus to begin running the Plague Star Bounty!

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
    The Plague Star Bounty starts with enemies in the Medium difficulty range, but you can increase the stakes. The more Bounties you complete, the more standing you earn toward something new: Operation Syndicate! NAKAK, the oddities vendor, represents the OPERATIONAL SUPPLY Syndicate for Operation: Plague Star! The Rewards NAKAK holds to exchange for standing aren't just vanity - some allow you to increase the stakes to earn more!

EVENT REWARDS!
Much like the way we used a token system for the Ambulas Reborn event, we have taken that idea one step further. REMINDER: NAKAK, the oddities vendor, represents the OPERATIONAL SUPPLY Syndicate for Operation: Plague Star!

Visit NAKAK with earned standing to choose your Operation Rewards!

NEW:

EIDOLON PHYLAXIS: Equip to earn more standing and make the event harder levels!
Infested Zaw Components!
Event Emblem!
Infested Zaw Exodia

RETURNING:
Ether Daggers
Snipetron
Fulmination Mod
Sacrifice Mod

GENERAL:

CETUS items are available for purchase with Operation Standing!

CLAN SCORING & REWARDS:

INFESTED CATALYST: Summon Hemocyte for rewards & a higher score! Defeating Hemocyte houses 6 new Mods!
HUNTER SET MODS: Drop from the summoning of HEMOCYTES. Infested Catalyst are required for these!
Hunter Adrenaline
Hunter Command
Hunter Munitions
Hunter Recovery
Hunter Synergy
Hunter Track

There are no Leaderboards for this event, instead there are Terracotta, Bronze, Silver, and Gold Trophies to be built and earned as your Clan ascends through and builds new items! The 'Hemocyte Cystolith' is required for building. Equip the Infested Catalyst and slay the Hemocyte to gather these!

Scoring Edit:

Please note that a default run earns 1000 Operational Syndicate Standing.
Each used Infested Catalyst is worth and additional 250 (4 max).
Each used Eidolon Phylaxis is worth an additional 250 (4 max).

This means a Solo Player bringing 4 of each can earn 3000 independently, or a squad of 4 with one each can also earn 3000.

I think this is great for the players to have a whole new experience. Im glad warframe is trying to grow populer and still hanging in there with over 20 million. Now im not the best player in the world but i will try to keep playing warframe. Got my friends addicted to this  game DjLeons Untitle_LIGHTz D23RxScopz ucantstopmescrew. Im glad that i could add members to your game. I hope you the best of Luck with this game. Hope you all have a good Day

Edited by (PS4)Untitle_Gamer