The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

That "one" frame

skyfiredraco

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

You both are clearly gentlemen/gentleladies of higher learning. Poor plebians with their Excaliburs and Trinitys. One day they shall learn.

Thanks for the kind words! Yes, I personally don’t like Excal or Trinity. Wukong will always be my favorite, he’s so good of a warframe.

It's a tie between Mag and Nezha for me. Both these frames are challenging to master, but extremely rewarding once you do.

Mag deals insane amount of damage, but you have to pay attention and combo the abilities.

Nezha is relatively forgiving to mistakes, but requires you to keep moving and being aware of your environment. With pyroclastic flow, he also has a frequently underestimated damage potential.

I like having to think while I play instead of just mashing the same buttons, and I like synergies between abilities. Both these frames hit that spot. Another one that comes close is Limbo, but he's a bit too situational for my taste (and causes strong reactions from people for some reason :devil:).

Nidus from the most recent ones,as for older ones i cant resist my Equinox...everytime im stuck or not sure what to take...i go to my equinox...she/he is my most played warframe..its Equinox Nidus Ember(not ember prime) Nova prime..etc...

11 hours ago, skyfiredraco said:

Just curious for some fun discussion... but do you guys have that "one" frame you keep coming back to?

I'm a relative warframe newb. I'm up to jupiter now on the starmap and played a little on the ps4 version but never gave the game its due.

Now? I've built a couple frames, bought a couple others and i'm starting to work up a decent stable. I currently have: Excalibur, Valkyr, Nekros, Hyroid Prime, Rhino and Oberon.

I've tried them all and all are fun in their own way. Rhino is tanky as hell. Nekros's loot aura makes me feel like i'm gonna be running him a lot later on for mats. Oberon is my first experience with a frame that can heal (outside of valkyr's godmode form). And i'm currently farming the plans/mats for Trinity.

But...

I keep coming back to excalibur.

I farmed up (and was helped by a wonderful vet on the last piece) a basic mod setup that essentially lets me keep exalted blade up 24/7. On top of that, radial blind is excellent for tougher enemies.

I enjoy all my frames (and i'm always on the lookout to build more) but Exalted blade and radial blind make me happy. The look of excalibur makes me happy. I've yet to find something this gear can't handle (as long as i don't just stand in poison or something stupid).

So yea... what do you guys keep coming back to and why? What skills just make you happy to use (and so you keep coming back to their frames)? What mod/build setup makes you smile?

Just curious as to some stories :)

I'm currently working on leveling up several of these frames still... but i still have to occasionally have to swap back to Excal and laser blade my way to a few mission victories :)

cheers guys :)

For me, ever since he got his passive, it's been me and my Limbo joined at the hip banishing fools and ignoreing all damage while dodging in and out of rifts and leaveing devastation. It seems to have become my "Story-Frame", where it was once the Mirage line of suits who showed up in cinematics.

Only other "work" suit I have is Titania for Plains of Eidolon nightfishing. What's that? Spend resources on the Archwing? (Blows long raspberry) I laugh at you.

Edited by Unus

On 11/14/2017 at 1:57 AM, skyfiredraco said:

Just curious for some fun discussion... but do you guys have that "one" frame you keep coming back to?

I'm a relative warframe newb. I'm up to jupiter now on the starmap and played a little on the ps4 version but never gave the game its due.

Now? I've built a couple frames, bought a couple others and i'm starting to work up a decent stable. I currently have: Excalibur, Valkyr, Nekros, Hyroid Prime, Rhino and Oberon.

I've tried them all and all are fun in their own way. Rhino is tanky as hell. Nekros's loot aura makes me feel like i'm gonna be running him a lot later on for mats. Oberon is my first experience with a frame that can heal (outside of valkyr's godmode form). And i'm currently farming the plans/mats for Trinity.

But...

I farmed up (and was helped by a wonderful vet on the last piece) a basic mod setup that essentially lets me keep exalted blade up 24/7. On top of that, radial blind is excellent for tougher enemies.

I enjoy all my frames (and i'm always on the lookout to build more) but Exalted blade and radial blind make me happy. The look of excalibur makes me happy. I've yet to find something this gear can't handle (as long as i don't just stand in poison or something stupid).

So yea... what do you guys keep coming back to and why? What skills just make you happy to use (and so you keep coming back to their frames)? What mod/build setup makes you smile?

I'm currently working on leveling up several of these frames still... but i still have to occasionally have to swap back to Excal and laser blade my way to a few mission victories :)

Frost. Build Frost.

I Main Frost Prime, and spend lots of time with Prime versions of Rhino, Nyx and Nova. Also keep coming back to Mesa.

Frost and Mesa are go-to frames. Frost for diversity. There's no mission type in which he is bad - Rescue us where he struggles most, and even there he us "only" good - and he excels at so much.

Mesa, because...she can lay waste to entire rooms even at moderately high levels.

Nyx because there is no level nor any mission where Chaos isn't useful.

20 hours ago, Unus said:

For me, ever since he got his passive, it's been me and my Limbo joined at the hip banishing fools and ignoreing all damage while dodging in and out of rifts and leaveing devastation. It seems to have become my "Story-Frame", where it was once the Mirage line of suits who showed up in cinematics.

Only other "work" suit I have is Titania for Plains of Eidolon nightfishing. What's that? Spend resources on the Archwing? (Blows long raspberry) I laugh at you.

Limbo may be the coolest, most "Sorcerous" caster class in gaming history. Just learned to really use him...and he just feels so... Powerful.

Oh, you can toss fireballs and shoot lightning? How quaint.

Pardon me, Sir, while I bend frickin TIME AND SPACE to my whim...

Yeah, Limbo is amazing...if you put time into learning him.

Edited by BlackCoMerc

On 11/13/2017 at 10:57 PM, skyfiredraco said:

But...

Everyone goes back to Excalibur eventually. I keep going back to Ash Prime. Never bothered me and I don’t know why I keep going back to Ash. Maybe it’s because Armor stripping and pretty much one shotting everyone.

Mag, and Soma Prime.  I like Mag's design.  Simple, clean lines, and she came from the point where DE was still designing Warframes as though they were high-tech armor suits, and not independent constructs.  Soma Prime is just generally useful.  It's not game breaking powerful, and probably isn't a good choice for final Sortie or high level Endless missions.  I don't do sorties often, and gave up trying to solo Endless missions, and Soma Prime is "good enough."