The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bounty rewards only common tier?

Caelward

so, I've done about 20 plague star bounty runs now, and I don't believe I've found anything higher than the relic drop.

So I'm getting lots of bronze mods, kuva, lens, endo and relics, but I have yet to see wisps, or the silver or gold mods.

Is it just bad luck on my part or are other players having a similar experience?

It seems that the  changesd that were made to the reward model, just ends up with you getting the items no one really wants and never the ones that you have not been able to get until now. I think I have have had only one goild reward since PoE launched. I know there is no point asking but what are the chances of you getting a gold reward? If my numbers are anything to go by, it has to be less than 1%. And thats being generous.

The reward model is one thing, but you're bound to get something eventually. See, Warframe's thing isn't that it doesn't give you stuff, it just gives you the 'rare' items you don't want.

Anways, I'm pretty sure there is something buggy with the rotations right now.

Having up to 5x the drops doesn't really mean improved chances (yes I know statistically it should) of getting anything while they all include the common drops because as we all know the common drops have the highest chance of dropping and usually by a HUGE margin.  All the changes have done is basically made it so we get the equivalent rewards of 5 old runs in one go... which in my case is basically kuva, naramon lenses and augur message because I'm doing the same single plague star mission over and over again.... 

This is why several of us wanted the last one to remove the common drop from the highest tier reward drops. 

You have about ~75% chance to get a bronze, ~21% for silver and ~2% for a gold reward. Just rough estimates based on their dropchance tables that they haven't updated yet for the multiple rewards per bounty change. Doubt they made any significant changes though!

Also, not even counting the fact that golds don't even drop mid-bounty and how some of the rewards have been halved or reduced even more. In some cases it can be better, otherwise it's p much the same as before. 1 step forward and 1 step back.

Edited by Shryoss

I haven't really started the event yet, but I ran a normal T5 bounty and got 2x eido lens BP from it, so the "rotation" reward system isn't inherently broken.  Let's see what the official drop table database says when it updates.

Edited by Callback

madurai +unairu lens t4 bounty rotation. 7x5 reward pulls.

5 out of seven runs were 2x300 endo +3x same relic, all common tier, or 3x300 endo 2x same relic. 

outliers: 3x300 endo 1 madurai lens on first stage, relic. 3x300 endo and the mod in the common tier for the 2 other rolls.

its sticky and busted.

worse theres something fubar with iradite etc as well. went from pre plague star iradite nodes dropping 1-10 and averaging 5, to plague star drops and nodes are all dropping 1(total honesty, out of tracking 100 node grabs exactly 1 node dropped 3 iradite instead of 1), then today its fixed at 3, no variance.

they also said they significantly decreased the odds of naramon lens from the plague star bounty, yet its half or more of the results.

really wish the drop data they release covered everything(incl things like resource nodes, so one could tell if this was intended and shady or unintentional), and was updated alongside update and/or hotfixes proper if they don't want people to have to do the do themselves to get the dang data.

It should be set to 50%/35%/15%. That would be an acceptable drop rate for the 3 reward tiers. Its current numbers are a joke. I havent had a single gold and I am not sure I have even had a silver reward. I think I got 2*wisps once.

@DE if you are doing this in order to keep people playing, then I think you are going to have the opposite effect. People will stop playing out of frustration and generally feeling cheated.

Edited by TheKovacs

10 hours ago, steelblueskies said:

worse theres something fubar with iradite etc as well. went from pre plague star iradite nodes dropping 1-10 and averaging 5, to plague star drops and nodes are all dropping 1(total honesty, out of tracking 100 node grabs exactly 1 node dropped 3 iradite instead of 1), then today its fixed at 3, no variance.

Supposedly, Iradite drops are related to the enemy level on the plains. For example, if you take a B5 and just roam the map to get iradite, deposits should drop around 3-5 naturally, whereas B1 would be almost exclusively 1 per deposit. Considering the enemy level of the plague star bounty, weeellll...

And of course they don't tell you this, wouldn't want your players to be actually well-informed and efficient now would you???/?

I've gotten the uncommon reward once or twice. 

It's partly because of the way they structured the reward tables. 

Rotation A> only gives you access to the common portion of the pool

Rotation B> gives you access to the common/uncommon portions of the pool 

Rotation C> gives you access to the whole pool

At least that is my understanding, I don't believe there is any modification to the drop percentages as you progress. so you are mostly going to see the junk loot from the common pool. As that always has the highest possibility to drop. 

The only time you really get any "benefit" from the new system is when you run a 5 star mission which goes AABCC. Which gives you two chances at the rare loot. Which is what most people are going to be after and by proxy what most people are going to notice when they don't get it. 

I mean there is always the possibility that it got accidentally left out, but it seems to me to be equally plausible it's just the standard bad drop rate just being bad.