Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plague Star as recurring events

Jangkrik

After going through the event and seeing the useful exclusive rewards it has, would it be a good thing if DE implements the event as a random recurring event?

I'm thinking of adding it through the infested version of invasion meters much like Razorbacks and Fomorians because the infested still doesn't have one. Of course, it would be on a smaller scale like the previous two to make the rewards still valuable.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Jangkrik
edited some wordings

please god no...

one time is ehough pain, slow as hell and not rewarding, other than sniptron and dual dagger is useless, fishing and mining is a nighmare.

if this happne eidolon will be ingore, already now is not that great almost a waste of time, time you can use for farm prime part and sell them, eidolon need more content not more infected, maybe some anymal to actually hunt and less grineer on the beach.

Would be nice to have a counter.

I think Outbreaks should change a bit:

The infested side passively and automatically overpowers the defending side and must be actively pushed back by players. If a node is completely overtaken it replaces the local faction with infested for 24h as regular invasions.

Each time the infested overtake a node the bar fills up. When the bar fills Relays will be threatened by a fleet of infested ships (of both factions) and we have to go destroy them with a cascade bomb like in Once Awake.

7 minutes ago, Jangkrik said:

After going through the event and seeing the useful exclusive rewards it has, would it be a good thing if DE implements the event as a random recurring event?

I'm thinking of adding it through the infested version of invasion meters much like Razorbacks and Fomorians because the infested still doesn't have one. Of course, it would be on a smaller scale like the previous two to make the rewards still valuable.

What do you guys think?

i was just having the exact same thought. though they would need to give the hemocyte a new look (at the moment it is just a lephantis with green bits)

I don't like the way standing is capped daily. So in it's current form, hell no. If standing were changed to a weekly thing I would be ok with it. Why? because i don't have time every single day to earn that stupidly slow standing. Luckily for me and other vets, there are barely any rewards worth it apart from the radian sentirum and mastery fodder.

The way they recapped standing in PoE, by locking it to missions that last WAY more then average and reward WAY less then average, is one of my major concerns about PoE. The fact that this event embodies the same stupidly slow and frustrating way of unlocking stuff makes me hate it before I have played a single mission of it. I'd rather see more pacificism defect event like in the old days. Eyes of blight was more fun then this terrible standing nightmare, yet at the time that event was considered a nightmare because of archwing.

Edited by Quimoth

Just now, Quimoth said:

I don't like the way standing is capped daily. So in it's current form, hell no. If standing were changed to a weekly thing I would be ok with it. Why? because i don't have time every single day to earn that stupidly slow standing. Luckily for me and other vets, there are barely any rewards worth it apart from the radian sentirum and mastery fodder.

The way they recapped standing in PoE is one of my major concerns about PoE. The fact that this event embodies the same stupidly slow and frustrating way of unlocking stuff makes me hate it before I have played a single mission of it. I'd rather see more pacificism defect event like in the old days. Eyes of blight was more fun then this terrible standing nightmare.

37 minutes ago, Raynalle said:

please god no...

one time is ehough pain, slow as hell and not rewarding, other than sniptron and dual dagger is useless, fishing and mining is a nighmare.

if this happne eidolon will be ingore, already now is not that great almost a waste of time, time you can use for farm prime part and sell them, eidolon need more content not more infected, maybe some anymal to actually hunt and less grineer on the beach.

I agree that it still needs to be tweaked, especially the rep gain.

Still, I think having the event as recurring event would be better than nothing, especially considering DE's tendency to add event items waaaay too long after the event. Not to mention that the infested still lack their own invasion meter.

I don't mind it becoming recurring after a major revamp to actually make it fun to play. The low gains in standing, the 5km+ running/flying and the worthless bounty rewards (at least give us 100 mutagens so we can FINALLY complete HEMA research) just destroy most fun we could've had at this event.

Add to this the current instant bounty failures et voila, worst event in ages. (only the Sh*tclave events last Christmas made me more sad)

Edited by Quimoth

People complaining about the rewards and claiming there was nothing for "veterans" are deluded youngsters who only think they're veterans.

Before even looking at the resources in the shop, I'll be absolutely astounded if the Viral-based rapier isn't downright amazing. Vulpine Mask has bleed procs and finishers all over the place, and the Endura (the current "status" rapier) is physical not elemental. Additionally, since the Zaw system is modular, I suggest stocking up on the tips so you can "upgrade" it later when we get better zaw parts - regardless of whether or not the event comes back in a reasonable amount of time.

Second off, you can get Nyth and Sentrium from this event at a much more stable rate than you can mine either of them- and without a resource booster. Which means all those Magus and Virtuous arcanes you thought "gee it'd be nice to have a set but bollocks to the mining grind" (hi) are actually pretty easy to fund with this. And these resources came out quite literally barely a month and a half ago, on top of being a pain in the &#! to low-chance RNG grind with no alternate options to grind them other than mining. So if you think you have "hundreds upon hundreds" of them, smart money is on you being wrong.

Additionally, both Nyth and Sentrium were rather reliably selling for like 8p each prior to this event, so if you weren't excited for this part, you're officially an idiot. This is gonna crash their price for at least a few months, sure, but fairly stable resource speculation (30 per maxed arcane) without having to invest plat is the best form of speculation.

Oh and this is the easiest pre-built forma you'll probably ever see. One run with full consumables is a forma. And if you're like me and actually like to forma your gear repeatedly, you probably have almost none in-stock and have a bunch of clantech weapons you still haven't built because they take forma.

t. Someone who has been playing since u8, found out he has like 4 ether dagger blueprints thanks to the markers in the store, and finally sold his Snipetron (which I got during the Grineer Informer event, thank you) yesterday because it no longer had more value than the slot it was in thanks to this event.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

I could've sworn I remember DE saying this Operation was going to be a recurring thing when it started...

In regards to the rewards though, I'm actually very pleased to see we can easily farm Radium Sentrium and Heart Nyth from this Operation, and I'm loving my new Plague Keewar Staff with the Exodia Contagion. Granted it's going to take me 137 runs to get two full sets of the new Exodias if I also take time to try purchasing the 400 Cetus Wisps I'll need to have two full sets of each, but it shouldn't be too bad if I take it easy for now and focus on getting the twenty of each blueprint and sixty of each gem first.

On 11/16/2017 at 6:16 AM, Jangkrik said:

What do you guys think?

I did one run and decided I would rather chew glass than do any more... a pointless grind disguised as "content"

3 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

I did one run and decided I would rather chew glass than do any more... a pointless grind disguised as "content"

Was that before or after they did all the bugfixing and lowered the standing requirements for progression.

... And before or after you saw what Hunter Munitions does as well as the rest of the reward set?