Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The time has come for Unique Weapons

White_Matter

Just now, White_Matter said:

They are rich. Who cares ?

I love you have no rebuttal so you change the subject.  I replied to your post hombre. You do the same.

Also the irony in your post is hilarious.  I didn't say my idea should work because "I have nothing better do do." 

I said that as a response to people whining about the amount of RNG and grind. Well, what have you been doing for the past month ?  Wait, that was a rhetorical queston. Everyone knows what you've been doing. Because everyone else was doing the same thing. Yes, we were all grinding/farming. Nothing will change in your life for the worse if this idea is implemented in the game. 

i could say the same about your post, in fact i will.

I love you have no rebuttal so you change the subject.

Also the irony in your post is hilarious.

you had no response to mine other than "rng is in the game". Others have also explained why and i explained why, you have yet to rebut any of that other than say "rng is already in the game" and then universally say people have no reason to not like your idea. And you have ignored the people who, rightfully so, pointed out that your idea would require a massive amount of server space.

so, drop the hypocritical act, and give me a rebuttal since i have rebuked your idea multiple times.

They could always make a Zaw-style weapon component system, with enemies having super-rare drops of their parts.

Imagine rigging up a Corpus Tech's Supra power core into a Grineer Scorch's Ignis to create some kind of crazy home-made plasma thrower?

The idea has merit, but it'd need to be refined a bit to be a worthwhile addition

3 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

They are rich. Who cares ?

I love how you are taking “rich” to mean can easily implement significantly more infrastructure. Rich and having the abiltity to do this are not the same.

You would more than likely have to buy unique weapon slots too, with a cap. Just the same as rivens. (Trash rivens and give us unique weapons instead?)

6 minutes ago, ---Quill-Onkko--- said:

i could say the same about your post, in fact i will.

I love you have no rebuttal so you change the subject.

Also the irony in your post is hilarious.

you had no response to mine other than "rng is in the game". Others have also explained why and i explained why, you have yet to rebut any of that other than say "rng is already in the game" and then universally say people have no reason to not like your idea. And you have ignored the people who, rightfully so, pointed out that your idea would require a massive amount of server space.

so, drop the hypocritical act, and give me a rebuttal since i have rebuked your idea multiple times.

But thats not true. I explained in detail why your "this will take RNG to a whole new level" claim has no basis. Your argument has been picked apart. 

Getting that unique weapon BP is no different than getting a riven mod. You kill an elite mob(in the case of riven you complete a mission), pray to god it drops(just like the riven) and pray to god that the stats are somewhat decent(same as the riven).

I usually don't explain things over and over again but today I'm in a nice mood. Consider yourself lucky :satisfied:

8 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I love how you are taking “rich” to mean can easily implement significantly more infrastructure. Rich and having the abiltity to do this are not the same.

You would more than likely have to buy unique weapon slots too, with a cap. Just the same as rivens. (Trash rivens and give us unique weapons instead?)

It is actually the same in this case. Because what we are talking about is done before in other games. DE has done it to some extend. What matters right now is how much it will cost em ? 

I wouldn't mind unique weapon slots TBH. I highly doubt I'll rank up 50 bratons anyway. 

11 minutes ago, Xarteros said:

They could always make a Zaw-style weapon component system, with enemies having super-rare drops of their parts.

Imagine rigging up a Corpus Tech's Supra power core into a Grineer Scorch's Ignis to create some kind of crazy home-made plasma thrower?

The idea has merit, but it'd need to be refined a bit to be a worthwhile addition

I actually like that idea.

The only problem is the looks of the weapon. They might look like abominations.

7 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

It is actually the same in this case. Because what we are talking about is done before in other games. DE has done it to some extend.

Let’s just disagree on that one. There is a difference between upgrading their servers, and just needing more.

The cost is hardly the question (assuming its affordable). The potential profit is more important. 

Why would a 10,000,000 USD investment be bad? Assuming you stand to make 1,000,000,000 USD from it (I.e. 100 times your initial investment). Obviously, this is deliberately exaggerated.

6 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

But thats not true. I explained in detail why your "this will take RNG to a whole new level" claim has no basis. Your argument has been picked apart. 

Getting that unique weapon BP is no different than getting a riven mod. You kill an elite mob(in the case of riven you complete a mission), pray to god it drops(just like the riven) and pray to god that the stats are somewhat decent(same as the riven).

I usually don't explain things over and over again but today I'm in a nice mood. Consider yourself lucky :satisfied:

It is actually the same in this case. Because what we are talking about is done before in other games. DE has done it to some extend. What matters right now is how much it will cost em ? 

I wouldn't mind unique weapon slots TBH. I highly doubt I'll rank up 50 bratons anyway. 

and you again just say "rng is already in the game" and then say my argument is picked apart? you still ignore the issues about server space ("buy more servers" isnt a valid argument) all your idea is basically making rivens innate on weapons, so my response is "no, why would we do this when we already have rivens, which are tradeable and rerollable?"

you continue ignoring valid arguments and just say that they are invalid.

bluntly: your idea is badly thought out, in its current form all you suggest is adding more grind with the reason of "nothing better to do anyway" and cant explain why it would be a good addition to the game and what value it would have for the game going forward.

9 minutes ago, ---Quill-Onkko--- said:

and you again just say "rng is already in the game" and then say my argument is picked apart? you still ignore the issues about server space ("buy more servers" isnt a valid argument) all your idea is basically making rivens innate on weapons, so my response is "no, why would we do this when we already have rivens, which are tradeable and rerollable?"

you continue ignoring valid arguments and just say that they are invalid.

bluntly: your idea is badly thought out, in its current form all you suggest is adding more grind with the reason of "nothing better to do anyway" and cant explain why it would be a good addition to the game and what value it would have for the game going forward.

Sorry, I'm not a technician I wasn't aware of the technical aspect of the game.

But wait, it had nothiing to do with our argument. You were just whining about how RNG based grind it would be and I proved to you that farming for rivens was the exact same thing.

I also explained why having unique stats isn't the same thing with a riven. Say a weapon has 5% crit chance. Your riven might have 200% crit chance, and it won't make it a crit viable weapon. Same goes for other stats, because Rivens are still bound by the base stats of your weapon(since they are percentage based). 

Having a weapon with different stats can validate a completely new build. Which increases the build diversity and adds an aspect of competitiveness in the game(you can compare weapons and feel good about yourself if your weapon is better). 

My idea is pretty well thought out, you just couldn't comprehend it. 

Edited by White_Matter

1 hour ago, krc473 said:

I agree, the loot would be useful.

But, I cannot really see this appealing to the larger community. It’s basically riven mods, but weapons. Riven mods do not work on a particularly popular system. I know many people (myself included) that have given up on rivens. Because they are a complete waste of time almost every riven. This is not enjoyable as a player. Why would weapons be any different?

This idea would quickly become just a platinum source. A few people will have “god” stat weapons, and charge obscene amounts of platinum. 

Side note: DE complains about riven mods and server space. Has anyone considered the implications of this kind of system with weapons on server space?

People are giving up on Rivens because the entire system is garbage. Utter, complete garbage:

Terrible drop rates, behind godawful Sorties missions, with their damage sponges, stupid restrictions and conditions and diluted loot tables.

100% RNG, down to which weapon they will effect

Getting Kuva is dreadfully bad. People have pleased for it on the KUVA FORTRESS...BUT NOOOO. That might make a new tile relevant, and after PoE, we know DE is dead set on spending months making maps and then giving us EVERY REASON to ignore them.

And if all that weren't bad enough, you STILL have unveiling, which is quite possibly the worst supporting mechanic in gaming history. It's just that asinine a waste of time.

This would be different. These would be straight weapon BP's. Always useful

Always something you can build, equip and use. Dropping all over the games many locations. No unveiling gimmicks. No arbitrary restrictions.

As for server space, I don't and never have believed this. Rivens contain text. I could store MILLIONS if Rivens worth if text. On my phone.

DE has no problem storing weapon info now. And this game NEEDS fun loot. Plus, make BP tradeable. Bam! Plat sales!

1 hour ago, BlackCoMerc said:

People are giving up on Rivens because the entire system is garbage. Utter, complete garbage:

Terrible drop rates, behind godawful Sorties missions, with their damage sponges, stupid restrictions and conditions and diluted loot tables.

100% RNG, down to which weapon they will effect

Getting Kuva is dreadfully bad. People have pleased for it on the KUVA FORTRESS...BUT NOOOO. That might make a new tile relevant, and after PoE, we know DE is dead set on spending months making maps and then giving us EVERY REASON to ignore them.

And if all that weren't bad enough, you STILL have unveiling, which is quite possibly the worst supporting mechanic in gaming history. It's just that asinine a waste of time.

This would be different. These would be straight weapon BP's. Always useful

Always something you can build, equip and use. Dropping all over the games many locations. No unveiling gimmicks. No arbitrary restrictions.

As for server space, I don't and never have believed this. Rivens contain text. I could store MILLIONS if Rivens worth if text. On my phone.

DE has no problem storing weapon info now. And this game NEEDS fun loot. Plus, make BP tradeable. Bam! Plat sales!

I'm glad someone gets it.

1 hour ago, White_Matter said:

I'm glad someone gets it.

I've suggested weapon variant BP's as loot, too. Every time I get a Gorgon BP, I think to myself "this could be a regular thing...new weapons dropping, as Blueprints, all over the place."

And it need not be good tier stuff. One Grakara need not outclass another. Change primary damage type, fire rate, clip size, status/crit chance, polarized slots... variants, not power levels.

Could be extremely fun.

Best of for DE, if people are getting BP frequently, they ARE gonna rush stuff now and then. Between that and making these items available for Traders...Plat sales.

Edited by BlackCoMerc

3 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

I've suggested weapon variant BP's as loot, too. Every time I get a Gorgon BP, I think to myself "this could be a regular thing...new weapons dropping, as Blueprints, all over the place."

And it need not be good tier stuff. One Grakara need not outclass another. Change primary damage type, fire rate, clip size, status/crit chance, polarized slots... variants, not power levels.

Could be extremely fun.

Best of for DE, if people are getting BP frequently, they ARE gonna rush stuff now and then. Between that and making these items available for Traders...Plat sales.

Thats exactly what I'm suggesting.

The variant doesn't have to be OP. They can be slightly better or worse, but the main purpose is to have something different. 

Edited by White_Matter

3 hours ago, White_Matter said:

Thats exactly what I'm suggesting.

The variant doesn't have to be OP. They can be slightly better or worse, but the main purpose is to have something different. 

I literally dont understand why anyone wouldnt want a Borderlands style loot systems in Warframe, except with BP instead of guns. You set a minimum and maximum range for each gun or melee weapon type, damage wise, and RNG the stats within those tolerances. Some guns have more slash, or all puncture, versions. Others have better zoom, larger clips...one or two may even be the 'economy model' that trades efficiency on the battlefield, for efficiency in crafting time, ammo use, or more polarized slots from the get go. 

It would be a wonderful change from "oh, more Rubedo and Polymer Bundles. Yawn."

Check out a game called Defiance. I loved that game but seeing 15 SMGs in my inventory with different rolls was a pain. That was before they made a system where you could change the rolls but only on certain tiers plus the resource needed to upgrade was a fixed amount. Unless you paid actual money for it. 

So no what we have now is fine.

35 minutes ago, Kjahla81 said:

Check out a game called Defiance. I loved that game but seeing 15 SMGs in my inventory with different rolls was a pain. That was before they made a system where you could change the rolls but only on certain tiers plus the resource needed to upgrade was a fixed amount. Unless you paid actual money for it. 

So no what we have now is fine.

The thing is, grind for a better BP is optional. Just like the grind for a riven is optional.

You'd look at the BP and if you liked the stats you would build it. Or just trash it.  You'd grind for the perfect weapon only for your favorite weapon classes maybe, but not all of them.

I mean I got tons of stuff in my inventory and I don't use 60-70% of it. I don't want a better stat harpak or stradavar because I don't enjoy playing with them.

2 hours ago, White_Matter said:

The thing is, grind for a better BP is optional. Just like the grind for a riven is optional.

You'd look at the BP and if you liked the stats you would build it. Or just trash it.  You'd grind for the perfect weapon only for your favorite weapon classes maybe, but not all of them.

I mean I got tons of stuff in my inventory and I don't use 60-70% of it. I don't want a better stat harpak or stradavar because I don't enjoy playing with them.

Exactly.

Anything to make loot more fun.

18 hours ago, White_Matter said:

I actually like that idea.

The only problem is the looks of the weapon. They might look like abominations.

Well yeah, but that's why I refuse to get excited about Prime warframes until I can see them with my own eyes. They MIGHT look cool, but they might look horrible. It'd be entirely up to DE to that one.