Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity changes pls

Neptlude

7 minutes ago, Hellmaker2004 said:

Perhaps you should not use the tool primarily as a heal?

You can use it to suspend 1 target... synthesis target and it works kind of like a cheapo trap thing.

Or try holding back a horde of enemies one at a time, which you will do better using your weapons to dispose of them.

The nuke mechanic is nerfed, so it is no longer possible to chain WOL with EV 
that multiplies the HP 10 times and make EV take out 6.25% turning into 62.5% remaining HP once WOL faded off.

Just now, Ada_Wong_SG said:

The nuke mechanic is nerfed, so it is no longer possible to chain WOL with EV 
that multiplies the HP 10 times and make EV take out 6.25% turning into 62.5% remaining HP once WOL faded off.

I am well aware that the nuke mechanic is nerfed. Something i have been saying to a lot of people who argue that she is the highest single target damage dealer in the game.

That however do not mean WoL do not have uses, but do not get me wrong. I myself want WoL to be changed as well, yet gutting and nerfing Blessing is not the way to do it.

And more importantly only because some people do not find a use for a ability do not mean that it do not have one and WoL falls in that exact category. 

WoL has uses that when you actually do use them they can play a major role in the kit and thus changing said tool would also remove that utility.

Suspending a target and giving them ten times health is something people use it for, exactly that role. Because a foe with ten times health is more likely to survive and thus more reliably guarantee foes available for EV.

Likewise it can work extraordinary well as a healing Battery for Trinity herself when you "successfully" Link to it, the downside here is the unreliability to guarantee linking to a specific target.

So what would i want changed on WoL? 

1: The augment, it plays no real role for her unless you kill the target and thus is already partially counterproductive since you do not want to shoot / kill a foe when they have ten times health(equal to 90% Damage resistance in most cases).

2: Increased Synergy with Link, increasing the Link Range and guaranteed priority towards the WoL target.

3: WoL also pulsate healing on all allies in close proximity to the foe affected by Well of Life.

These changes would not only keep WoL usable for it current utility role. But also increase the healing output it could provide for allies nearby whiteout forcing them to shoot the target.

25 minutes ago, Hellmaker2004 said:

That however do not mean WoL do not have uses, but do not get me wrong. I myself want WoL to be changed as well, yet gutting and nerfing Blessing is not the way to do it.

I put that guy's suggestion that makes 1st skill clear status effects and gives status resistance on the 1st page without changing blessing. =w= (I left my own suggestion for personal preferences =w=)

29 minutes ago, Hellmaker2004 said:

Suspending a target and giving them ten times health is something people use it for, exactly that role. Because a foe with ten times health is more likely to survive and thus more reliably guarantee foes available for EV.

I personally dont have a problem using my EV on enemies even with nuker teams... Also I find it bad idea, since when ye use ev on a suspended enemy. It will take longer to kill that enemy and cast EV to the next enemy. Ye cant cast EV when there is already an enemy that has EV on.... Pretty bad for duration build Trins...

32 minutes ago, Hellmaker2004 said:

1: The augment, it plays no real role for her unless you kill the target and thus is already partially counterproductive since you do not want to shoot / kill a foe when they have ten times health(equal to 90% Damage resistance in most cases).

2: Increased Synergy with Link, increasing the Link Range and guaranteed priority towards the WoL target.

3: WoL also pulsate healing on all allies in close proximity to the foe affected by Well of Life.

These changes would not only keep WoL usable for it current utility role. But also increase the healing output it could provide for allies nearby whiteout forcing them to shoot the target.

These are pretty good but, I still see players will go to blessing for actual heals...

The only option I think is remove the heal on blessing, or change out Well of life to a status resist/cleanser.

Judging ye guys will pic status cleanser. =w=

I'd rather see her abilities be changed so that she can take a more active part in combat, instead of ending up as little more than a buff-bot.

Perhaps both her 1 and 2 could increase her crit and status chance on a target (maybe separately, and respectively), so that when she attacks and procs those effects, then she causes the target to release health or energy in an AoE to the team, based on the amount of damage she did with that hit (modified by power strength of course.  Range and duration would also be interesting to play with to change how these abilities work).  On targets that aren't bosses, she could also cause team-mates to do lower damage, or prevent them from doing fatal damage, so that she has a chance to make use of the debuff while it lasts.  Having her 1 as her only heal makes more sense than having it on 4, because of the unlock order while leveling, and because status is more of an issue at higher levels.  Take the cast time off these, and make them single-handed, so you can debuff while reloading or leaping into melee combat.

Add some synergy by having targets linked with her 3, that are under the effect of her 1 or 2, also do AoE damage (you could even give them different damage types, ie health = toxin AoE, energy = electricity AoE, and when you put both debuffs on a target they combine.  Probably best to limit the AoE to damage only, or have it do lower damage if it's going to proc status too).

Take the heal off 4, because you now have a 1 that you have a much better reason to use constantly, and instead give it status removal and prevention, alongside its damage reduction (power strength = more damage reduction, duration = more time status immune, so we keep the choice of 2 kinds of builds, like we have now)

Edited by polarity

11 minutes ago, polarity said:

I'd rather see her abilities be changed so that she can take a more active part in combat, instead of ending up as little more than a buff-bot.

Perhaps both her 1 and 2 could increase her crit and status chance on a target (maybe separately, and respectively), so that when she attacks and procs those effects, then she causes the target to release health or energy in an AoE to the team, based on the amount of damage she did with that hit (modified by power strength of course.  Range and duration would also be interesting to play with to change how these abilities work).  On targets that aren't bosses, she could also cause team-mates to do lower damage, or prevent them from doing fatal damage, so that she has a chance to make use of the debuff while it lasts.  Having her 1 as her only heal makes more sense than having it on 4, because of the unlock order while leveling, and because status is more of an issue at higher levels.  Take the cast time off these, and make them single-handed, so you can debuff while reloading or leaping into melee combat.

Add some synergy by having targets linked with her 3, that are under the effect of her 1 or 2, also do AoE damage (you could even give them different damage types, ie health = toxin AoE, energy = electricity AoE, and when you put both debuffs on a target they combine.  Probably best to limit the AoE to damage only, or have it do lower damage if it's going to proc status too).

Take the heal off 4, because you now have a 1 that you have a much better reason to use constantly, and instead give it status removal and prevention, alongside its damage reduction (power strength = more damage reduction, duration = more time status immune, so we keep the choice of 2 kinds of builds, like we have now)

I woudnt mind seeing her have more damage abilities =w=

Since Trinity's blessing is healing in nature, would it be making sense if blessing casted will deal AOE damage against 
infestation ?

As infestation is being viewed as a "diesease" so "healing" nature skills would undo the infestation process 
in short breaking the structure of infested enemies.

Teammates will gain additional damage bonus against infested in Blessing duration

5 hours ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

Since Trinity's blessing is healing in nature, would it be making sense if blessing casted will deal AOE damage against 
infestation ?

As infestation is being viewed as a "diesease" so "healing" nature skills would undo the infestation process 
in short breaking the structure of infested enemies.

Teammates will gain additional damage bonus against infested in Blessing duration

but arent our frames infested in nature by default tho =w=

Trinity definitely needs a rework. 

Yes, her 2 and 4 are good. But it's possible to be too good at what you do and yet have useless abilities. That's how Ash got reworked. 

Her 1 needs to be unique from her 4.  Currently it's a wasted crowd control ability that actually makes the target harder to kill and has a weaker, redundant heal effect. Keep the hold effect on the enemy, but maybe make it turn the enemy into a beacon that buffs your allies in range. Give them status immunity or status resistance and give shields a form of damage reduction to incoming attacks while in range.

Her 2 needs balance, whichever form that takes. She should not get full energy back on her own ability use, at least not at once. Either a % of energy spent returned with a cap, or more energy but over a longer time to keep it from being as spammable. Or better yet, learn from zenurik and make it entirely energy over time to affected allies. 

3, and 4, i think, are in a good place other than typical QoL improvements like casting while moving. 

Edited by (PS4)Riko_113

7 hours ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

If the frames are infested in nature then the

infested missions are really confusing since the chargers and ancients should be cuddling with our warframes instead of attacking ?

Because our frames is separated from the current infested hive mind

On 11/20/2017 at 11:09 PM, tsoa said:

One thing that Trin cannot do is to remove/shorten status effects. I think it would be a nice addition to her 1, if the healing aura would also shorten status effects. Maybe 50% scaling with strength.

So give her more utility?  Sure, lets start getting rid of one of the very few ways Oberon can to actually stand out against Trinity who already breaks the game.

Trinity already breaks the game, she either needs nerfs or needs a total rework from the ground up (no not based on breaking the game with infinite energy and full heals.

People like to say that she has already been nerfed sooo many times, but whether she hasn't been nerfed before or has been nerfed 100 times has no bearing on whether she should be nerfed again.

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:14 PM, Neptlude said:

Its not a nerf its a rework D:

It's not necessary and a bad idea on top of it. 

How about: no.

Well of Life is underwhelming, but it does work as advertised and can be used both as single target CC and as an anchor for Link. Personally, I'd say just add group status protection to it and call it good.