The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe issues after WIndows 10 V1709

Gerdaro

4 hours ago, Gerdaro said:

So i'm having performance issues with Warfame after the Windows 10 v1709. I looked it up and its kinda a thing for alot of people in alot of games.

Just wanted to know if anyone else is having it and if you managed to fix it.

Ty

What's the symptoms?

If you wanna know it's because I haven't had issues, but I'd to help if I can :clem:

Edited by Nowe999
Bad typing

6 minutes ago, CaptRiker said:

I only play in full screen borderless window mode ;(

Do you have nVidia GPU? in some games (Planetside 2 in my case) if you have an nVidia GPU its better to lower the quality of shadows to get a  huge performance increase. And if you have PhysX enabled - try disabling it.

yea, running 2x 980 ti's oc'd.. only started having this problem with the fall creators upgrade. and my sound cutout isn't just in game.. it's in browser also at same time.. all sound cuts out for 2 secs along with the video lag spike.  latest nvidia drivers installed also

Hmm I updated my Windows 10 and downloaded the latest nvidia graphics driver on November 15th. Since then i haven't been able to play warframe with either Dx10 or 11 selected and have experienced lots of lag. The game will crash saying error not enough video memory while trying to start with one or both DX options checked. I've played some other games that use Dx10 or 11 and get no errors but I have noticed lag or a drop in fps. 

1 hour ago, RoninJed said:

Hmm I updated my Windows 10 and downloaded the latest nvidia graphics driver on November 15th. Since then i haven't been able to play warframe with either Dx10 or 11 selected and have experienced lots of lag. The game will crash saying error not enough video memory while trying to start with one or both DX options checked. I've played some other games that use Dx10 or 11 and get no errors but I have noticed lag or a drop in fps. 

I've rolled back those drivers due to only really playing WF at the moment

I had horrible spikes, temp 15C higher, lag spikes, random crashes and MSI not picking up correct fan speeds.

I just experienced this massive FPS drop tonight in the standalone client. Windows 10 updated to the recent fall creator's build tonight and as I was running a bounty, my FPS suddenly tanked from 60 to 20. Pretty sure it isn't Warframe's fault as it was smooth prior to the downgrade to 1709, and I have heard of it breaking lots of other games. I do play in full screen, so I'll try swapping to borderless windowed or some other setting and see if that helps.

Oh, and for technical commentary, I'm running Windows boot camped on an AMD Radeon R9 M390. Drivers have relatively recently updated through Boot Camp Assistant and I doubt AMD will release a new driver for Apple any time soon.

Edited by Kromatia

I had the same problem. Warframe did really lag after I installed that w10 update. What I did is turned off the firewall when I'm playing warframe and it seems to work. The only downside is, you'll be putting your pc to risk I guess? Well, better uninstall the update.

Interesting update here. I just uninstalled my AMD boot camp drivers and reinstalled the latest release from AMD's website. So far, the FPS appears to be back where it belongs. I haven't left the orbiter yet, but prior to the uninstall/reinstall I was getting a measly 25 FPS in the orbiter. Will update this after a mission or two.

Update: Seems the reinstall of the driver fixed the tanked FPS. However, now I'm hearing sound stuttering. OMFG, Windows. Fix your S#&$.

Edited by Kromatia

• 2 months later...

6aSHJoh.png

Honestly, it's gotten so bad they've been trying to sneak it onto my PC whenever I'm asleep.

It forced me to ultimately block and deny each and every access point for these updates from ever gracing my computer again until they address the issue. I'm still on Windows 10 1607 (Anniversary Update) since it works best for my PC.

Edited by Trowicia

I experienced the same issues with newer builds of windows.Tried even the latest fall creator update same stuff, entering XIni on eris on crowded parts was getting bellow 60fps.Putting the game all on low or ultra rendered me the same results.After returning to build to v1703 all the stutters and frame drops dissapeared and its runing smooth again.

Edited by GrimDelta