Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Event over and shop closed

Vafthrudnir

4 hours ago, Sunseahl said:

Didn't they say the operational standing could be used to buy Cetus Rep stuff if you had a stockpile?

Is that still a thing?

It was confusing how they worded it at first, but what they meant by that is that Nakak is selling Cetus Wisps, Norg Brain, Heart Nyth and so on which ARE Cetus items that you usually buy with Cetus rep. instead of Operation rep.

Lost a lot of standing too, looks like I'm not getting it back, real shame, definitely going to cause some major warframe burnout for me. Dumb of me not to turn in standing I admit, although I did turn in a huge amount, very slowly through that clunky menu, but real life got in the way, I wasn't around for the last day of the event like I'd planned to be and now half the standing I'd spent so long farming had just disappeared. A lot of games I've played that do event resources just leave the shop up for anyone who still has those resources, I was a bit surprised to find DE just closing it down immediately.

we have to submit a request https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and tell them please bring it back for a few days or hours by hotfix.

Last night i play until the operation event come to an end I can't enter mission anymore. So i run to check at Narak that and it show that i still can trade for operation supply after I saw that i log out because it very late night in my current time. And today i log in and it gone.......

if a lot of request submit may be we can hope for it becuz this is the first event that use the system like this collect the standing point to trade not many ppl will think that it will close along the event time.

10 hours ago, Goodwill said:

It's unfortunate what happened, but maybe you learned a lesson from this; don't leave things to the last moment. Even I was curious as to how the end of the event would work, but I always assume the worse which was that the shop would close dead on the deadline. Made sure to spend as I went along in the last hour sprint. Didn't manage to stockpile on the Rare gems but that's my loss which I will accept.

The event will most likely open in the future so you may need to wait for next time.

Next time we won't have the same stuff for sure(easy forma), neither the lost standing.

everything in this game is toxic

leadersboards -> toxic CHECK
clans with more than 1 tenno -> toxic CHECK
other Players force me to stay in mission -> toxic CHECK
event -> toxic CHECK
can't waste my points while doing 18 event runs -> toxic CHECK

damn warframe useless p2w game where i need to buy slots and i cant even speed up the weapons / frames -> TRIGGERED!

complaining about how a timer works and cant read timers ... priceless 

Edited by -TSA-raku

29 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Because it SHOULD. To give players a chance to use the rep from the event.

It's just the decent thing to do.

Would be nice if they did, but I don't know about "should". Thing I remember hearing over and over was Konzu telling me to go see Nakak, because she would keep us supplied until this strangeness is over.

OP has a point, and it seems that people here love to just S#&$ on other people.

What harm would there be in leaving "Operational Supply" shop for a day or two more?

Let's say you have 100k standing stockpiled, you planned to redeem it on the last day cause you weren't sure what to spend it on. And then something important comes up in you know, the real life, etc. and you have no way or time to log in and get your rewards.

Boom, all gone.

Sounds good, right?

4 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Because it SHOULD. To give players a chance to use the rep from the event.

It's just the decent thing to do.

Yeah... because using it while the event is active would be way too easy.
Farming until the event stopped didn't make a big difference. Why not stop farming 1 hour before the event ends.
Oh no, it's easier to blame DE.

9 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Yeah... because using it while the event is active would be way too easy.
Farming until the event stopped didn't make a big difference. Why not stop farming 1 hour before the event ends.
Oh no, it's easier to blame DE.

Not BLAMING anyone. Just saying it would be nice of them to keep it available a bit longer. 

3 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

The OP and a lot of other people are blaming. They say there was no notice the shop would go. And that's clearly wrong. And people should not get rewarded for being stupid...

It wasn't obvious that the shop would go, and when they released the event there was no context for this. What's the problem if the shop stays open for a few days? It's common in other MMOs and games so I was expecting this to happen here as other people.

And it's 100% true that there was no clear statement that the shop would close in game and on the forums thee 10th of november.

Edited by giovanniluca

If the shop stayed open for another day after the event, there will be people complaining why wasn't it open for another 2 days.

And those who missed the 2 days will complain what wasn't it open for a week, and so on. There's no satisfying everyone.

The event timing was pretty clear in ending all event related redemption and activities in my opinion.

On 11/28/2017 at 5:48 AM, (PS4)Loki1211 said:

This is incorrect according to the FAQ.

"Is my progress/rank in the Operational Supply Syndicate saved?"

Yes, your rank in the Operational Supply Syndicate will be saved when the event ends and is carried forward.

"Will my earned Standing in the Operational Supply Syndicate carry forward?"

No, your Standing will not carry forward so be sure to spend it all while you can! 

Caught them red handed

At least now you know never to never assume too much out of DE's system designs. Most online games I've played with this kind of event currency also let you keep it and leave the store open for at least a while after, so I can see why you might make the assumption. It's the generally decent/reasonable approach.

It's kind of amusing to see people spin out "if they left it open for a few days people might expect the store to be there for a whole WEEK" as if that would be a disastrous or harmful effect.

Edited by OvisCaedo

On 11/28/2017 at 4:30 AM, Raynalle said:

a multiplayer online who put the news on the game?

dude this is warframe, or you go on the forum or you can't know nothing, or you go on a site that actually have nothing to do with warframe for trade in a honest way you just a scammer or someone ready to get scam

yeah the fact the news are never in game is quite dumb, force the player to stop play and go on the forum ever 10 minute or watch 2 hours stream

Are... are you high right now?

3 hours ago, giovanniluca said:

It wasn't obvious that the shop would go, and when they released the event there was no context for this. What's the problem if the shop stays open for a few days? It's common in other MMOs and games so I was expecting this to happen here as other people.

And it's 100% true that there was no clear statement that the shop would close in game and on the forums thee 10th of november.

So, by you logic, it wasn't clear that the event-mission would go go aswell.
I mean, the shop was part of the event. So was the mission. Why would you assume the mission would go, but the shop would stay?
Why would you assume one part of the event would stay after the event? It was quite clear the shop would go. Saying otherwise is just wrong. And there was never an event-part in Warframe, that stayed after the event. So there is no reason to believe this event would be different.
It's all on you people assuming stuff. DE made themself clear. Just because you didn't understand doesn't mean DE did something wrong. And why didn't you asked before the event ended? You had all the time in the world to ask, if the shop would stay longer?
People have to stop blaming others for their mistakes. That's quite the problem in our modern world.

Nothing wrong here, I'd only question why'd they make it inaccessible after the event, probably due to server issues.

I've banked pretty much all of my standing so I can't bother much about it but question DE's decisions, even if they are heavily limited on servers, I don't see how that compares to their decision of having twitch rewards, which is a way to promote a game, but leads to a ton of players like myself watching multiple streams at the lowest quality for items that lead to nearly over 3k+ mail through a large number of players which led to it ending early.

I don't see why they shouldn't keep it but it is mentioned that the  standing isn't carried over which is a shame, however, the rank does stay which I predict that they'll F*** up one way or another.

There are games with events and aftermaths of it being permanently there or for an extended period of time, but it's information that has already been given.

3 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

So, by you logic, it wasn't clear that the event-mission would go go aswell.
I mean, the shop was part of the event. So was the mission. Why would you assume the mission would go, but the shop would stay?
Why would you assume one part of the event would stay after the event? It was quite clear the shop would go. Saying otherwise is just wrong. And there was never an event-part in Warframe, that stayed after the event. So there is no reason to believe this event would be different.
It's all on you people assuming stuff. DE made themself clear. Just because you didn't understand doesn't mean DE did something wrong. And why didn't you asked before the event ended? You had all the time in the world to ask, if the shop would stay longer?
People have to stop blaming others for their mistakes. That's quite the problem in our modern world.

Probably from past experiences in other games and a narrow mindset which could lead to conclusions that are unreasonable to them. (a large number of new players that just came into WF or are still relatively new and their first event)

Outside of fomorians and razorbacks, this is my first event, though, again, was pretty confused from the lack of detail or I've skimmed some out. The very confusing part was how I skipped to Defender without doing much and retaining standing which made my progress much quicker. Only banked out all of my standings out of fear that it'll be wasted if I don't.

DE didn't do anything wrong. This feels false as I've looked into the past and updates being... not so detailed and I've been looking at things that bothers me, the issue with charge backs in trading and how understaffed the support section is concerns me, but I can't do much outside of encouraging them.

People blamed others for their mistakes a lot, it can be seen as a sign to be looked at, but probably goes wrong at the end which is true, a problem.

It wasn't easy to view the xbox livestream along with plague star ending.