Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Balance the conclave please ( can we have a nerf ) + how to make it better

korndolorous

16 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

It only instakills if you run with a squishy frame

I've played with every frame currently available in conclave multiple times and I can say with confidence that you can get instant killed no matter what frame you use. Yes, some can sometimes survive the slam with just a slither of health left but the next problem is the knockdown+slow effect your frame gets IF you survive. All the nikana user has to do is start the combo again near instantly and you're dead faster than you can bullet jump away in most situations. Especially since the range on the blade is quite longer than the actual length of the weapon.

Bottom line is this weapon or stance NEEDS a look at to reduce certain values. At its current state it's far too strong. It's not that difficult to realize what weapons are vastly stronger than other weapons in a mode like conclave.

Edited by (PS4)EatZombies

On ‎2‎. ‎12‎. ‎2017 at 8:29 PM, polarity said:

"If you want balanced PvP in Warframe, both the players and the developers will have to accept this fact, and cut back heavily on how much players can customise their characters.  With the number of warframes in the game, I'd go so far as to say that means no modding, and set weapon loadouts for each classPlayers will just have to get over themselves and accept that loss of choice as necessary for PvP."

Is not that THE POINT of PVP in the first place??? hm.........f..k me i dont get todays game industry.

Gee just ask for a game mode thats specifically the events, no abilities or passives, since you dont seem to want any uniqueness in the game. May as well say all prime/special variant weps should be treated as normal weps, remove weapon stances, and randomize players weapons to prevent them from playing what they enjoy

Also holy crap @SevenLetterKWord destroyed @polarity like he destroys me in conclave

Edited by Gandergear
Snap

8 hours ago, Gandergear said:

Gee just ask for a game mode thats specifically the events, no abilities or passives, since you dont seem to want any uniqueness in the game. May as well say all prime/special variant weps should be treated as normal weps, remove weapon stances, and randomize players weapons to prevent them from playing what they enjoy

that's nice idea, but that's not how to balance it. I just want to get rid of cheese weapon/ability, not remove everything.

Edited by korndolorous

i agree with most of these changes but i feel like since im on console theres a huge difference in "meta" everyone on console uses rhino with daikyu and sancti castanas makes using a sniper not ven worth my time i an hit a head shot on a rhino but only hs shields go down? doesnt seem like enough dmg to me especcially when the daikyu has a broken hit box and one shots ou all the time no sancti castanas an rhino are broken all rhino needs to do and it turns then into a 2 shot just with the aoe dmg which is broken

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2017 at 11:33 AM, korndolorous said:

yeah, but not off balance it has 5 m range 
1-shot problably head-shot

While that is true, I feel like I am not giving noobs a breathing chance when I use the Europa Prime in Conclave. I mean sure, everyone likes to kick @$$ people in PvP and other game modes, but sometimes people rage-quit due to getting one-shot killed over and over. I am not saying debuff the whole weapon, but in conclave make it so others have a small fighting chance though. Make the weapon more player friendly in conclave, If you get what I am saying man. 

Edited by Guardian1123

On 11/12/2560 at 11:52 PM, Nazrethim said:

As I said again, it's not that Fateful Truth is particularly overpowered, is that there are other stances not worth using in general for whatever reason. The only change that could sort of adress this situation without making the stance or the weapon class useless is, at most, add a second wind-up hit to the pause combo, with no further change.

also reduce RMB combo, it has too much mobility.

14 hours ago, korndolorous said:

you might not know the trick, but it can be 24- 27m if you know how to do it.

The emote trick to reset the Dash? That takes some skill to actually pull off, so I don't consider it a bad thing. Unintended? Definetly. Should be fixed? Hell yes. Overpowered? Not really.

It's like trying to nerf Combo Steer and Spiral Doom skills.

7 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

The emote trick to reset the Dash? That takes some skill to actually pull off, so I don't consider it a bad thing. Unintended? Definetly. Should be fixed? Hell yes. Overpowered? Not really.

It's like trying to nerf Combo Steer and Spiral Doom skills.

Not that trick, they use this trick, and it's easy to do. This trick also work on pve. 

and I don't see that DE gonna fix it, because it's too complicate and to change it for the whole game isn't worth.

if we just change stagger from dash to last hit after dash, that might be good idea, but I don't think it will different a lot from dash stagger.
Also we should change ash passive, since it can deal deadly slash damage with nikana

Edited by korndolorous

9 hours ago, korndolorous said:

Not that trick, they use this trick, and it's easy to do. This trick also work on pve. 

and I don't see that DE gonna fix it, because it's too complicate and to change it for the whole game isn't worth.

Ah. Now I can see what you mean.

If I understand the gifs right, it's not a problem with the combo per se, but rather Melee attacks getting a momentum boost from Slides if used at the moment of the dash.

Still, the distance bonus is of about 1m, compare that to pressing W which gives you about 2-2.5m. Combined you can get 3m out of the combination, so just reducing the dash distance (while boosting it's speed to Guiding Light levels) would result in a shorter and faster gap closer.

if we just change stagger from dash to last hit after dash, that might be good idea, but I don't think it will different a lot from dash stagger.

The problem is that the last hit is too slow, and it's there mostly as a form of "cooldown" for the combo. Unless we add a another quick horizontal slash to it (ErmbEEE = Horizontal slash>Dash>Horizontal Slash>Diagonal slow slash) to apply the stagger.

Also we should change ash passive, since it can deal deadly slash damage with nikana

What do you propose then? Because right now that's Ash's only thing about Ash that isn't mediocre (SScreen, Teleport) or useless (Shuriken, Failstorm). Unless you mean giving the frame a balance pass that adresses the problems he has.

Honestly I think it could be changed to deal 10% of a Melee weapon's Slash damage (thus making it work on nearly all melee weapons) over 3s and call it a day.