The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Keep Raid Missions In The Game (With A Poll!)

Letter13

until you realize the recue target doesnt scale with enemies so in end game he is easily killed even if your next  to him

The hostage should be squishy, otherwise there's no point to it. The problem is that people mindlessly rush into hordes of enemies with the hostage and then blame the game for their failure.

There's a mod for run speed, a mod for stamina capacity and another for stamina regen.  Rushing is the actual game, or at least a significant part of it.  After all we're space ninjas, not space snails.

Just because people (ab)use a tool a certain way doesn't mean it was meant for that purpose. I cannot believe the game is meant to be played in a way that ignores the vast majority of the gameplay in order to grind as many missions for stats as possible.

You (in general not you in particular) can't say "that's the way it's meant to be" and then turn around and complain about repetitive gameplay and grinding.

Edited by Periareion

The hostage should be squishy, otherwise there's no point to it. The problem is that people mindlessly rush into hordes of enemies with the hostage and then blame the game for their failure.

Squishy to the point one shot from a high level Heavy kills him?

Okay.

sabotage and capture are literally  the same mission. Run in, kill things, grab/shoot thing, run to extraction. 

Get over it, they are making the game better.

They are? Funny, the big issues still haven't been fixed.

Just because people (ab)use a tool a certain way doesn't mean it was meant for that purpose. I cannot believe the game is meant to be played in a way that ignores the vast majority of the gameplay in order to grind as many missions for stats as possible.

You (in general not you in particular) can't say "that's the way it's meant to be" and then turn around and complain about repetitive gameplay and grinding.

I say again space ninjas.  When I hear ninja I think stealth and speed, which suits raid very well.  The word ninja does not bring to mind images of spraying a machine gun while sponging bullets.  If they continue to trivialize the ninja aspect they should change the slogan to "warriors play free".

Edited by Mateodon

Did DE ask the Design Council what they thought? Did they even think before they put Raid, Capture and Sabotage in the first place?

DE screwed up a minor thing, I'd rather see them fixing real problems before doing this.

There's a mod for run speed, a mod for stamina capacity and another for stamina regen. Rushing is the actual game, or at least a significant part of it. After all we're space ninjas, not space snails.

Don't forget the new helmets with their laughable stats that increase stamina. Edited by DishSoap

Hate to throw an opinion in that might have been stated already, but when there are too many pages, someone tends to skip some of them.

Raid mode might be least played because of the position of most of the raid missions on the map, and the fact that they always turn into endless exterminate while going for the artifact.  The big reward is an end mission reward and that is mostly what people would play it for.  Since the reward doesn't include nightmare mods or void keys, people suddenly found that if they are going to have to kill half the population of whatever faction they are retrieving the artifact from, they might as well go to a defense instead.

The only real problems with raid right now are that the reward doesn't pay off the effort, and that it is very very rare to be able to stealth the mission.  It might not be possible to improve both of those opportunities, and the ability to stealth it might not be in everyones favor for why they would play raid so maybe it should still be dropped until a better idea could come about.  One important issue is that you shouldn't take out raid to replace it with the description of what you are putting in.  It sounded like a messy mobile defense, without defense objectives.

A version of a survival mode probably will be enjoyed by people, but is it really going to attract more players to play those missions then an improved raid mission would?  It sounds like it will only be some new hazardous and troublesome constant shootfest.  Not everyone is digging into the nightmare modes and several of them are shootfests.  People decide regularly to not complete ice missions.  When they get the choice, it will probably work out better then nightmare and ice completions, but still, are players going to pick to go on the survival missions more then they would pick to do Raid?

On the one hand, I like raid missions more than spy, deception or rescue, or even sabotage (well, corpus sabotage, I actually like the multi-target grineer asteroid sabotage missions a lot)

On the other hand, I'm trying to get banshee systems (so I run spy missions that I don't actually like very much) and level stuff (so defense/mobile defense), and get nightmare mods (which I would happily do in raid missions, but they seem to land on other types more often) so I don't run raid missions much at the moment, even though I like them.

.. but on the main hand, raid is technically very similar to capture, so its not a great loss if it gets removed, although I do like it.

Oh I'm all for them tweaking, polishing and making them better.  Updating and improvng a mission type is not exclusive to adding new ones, both can occur.

It doesnt however change the fact that the Lotus and Tenno are obsessed with recovering the orokin artifacts from the other factions, yet DE want to remove the mission where you are doing that exact thing?  So suddenly its now ok for the other factions to have orokin technology?

Gameplay > a lore that doesn't really exist.

Warframe doesn't have some deep story, it really didn't even have one until the trailer and the recent patch (said the devs themselves before you fanboy me). So being like "OH BUT WE GOTA GET ALL THOSE LOST OROKIN TECH WE CAN'T JUST LET THEM HAVE IT BY REMOVING THE GAME TYPE" doesn't work, it's not going to suddenly become cannon that because the game type was removed everyone has Orokin tech sitting around.

just a suggestion:

just in case people miss the fact that there is a vote, can OP edit the title to put something that involves the word "vote" so that by looking at the title, people will know that there is a vote somewhere and may actively keep an eye out for the link ?

EDIT: thought might as well replicate the link here too..

http://strawpoll.me/294183

Edited by smithf

sabotage and capture are literally  the same mission. Run in, kill things, grab/shoot thing, run to extraction. 

Get over it, they are making the game better.

EDIT: and raid

Amusingly you just discribed a boss mission too.  Honesly I see more groups racing boss missions and avoiding content than Raids do, which curiously seem more about gathering resources.

Gameplay > a lore that doesn't really exist.

Warframe doesn't have some deep story, it really didn't even have one until the trailer and the recent patch (said the devs themselves before you fanboy me). So being like "OH BUT WE GOTA GET ALL THOSE LOST OROKIN TECH WE CAN'T JUST LET THEM HAVE IT BY REMOVING THE GAME TYPE" doesn't work, it's not going to suddenly become cannon that because the game type was removed everyone has Orokin tech sitting around.

Honestly refering more to the implied lore than actual lore.  The game always had the implied lore if you chose to see it.

Recover orokin artifacts - Raid

Kill a boss thats using orokin artifacts - Assassination

Hold out and protect that artifact/warframe(pod) in enemy territory - defence

Rescue the hostage before they can give out information - Rescue

Gather information about what the factions are up too - deception/capture

Prevent enemy expansions and increasing in power - assassination/sabotage/spy

Think about the purpose of the mission for the character, setting and its reprecussions from an ingame perspective.  All that is the implied game lore by the types of missions themselves.

I mean you could do events saying "yay, I want the loots to get more loots", or you can go in saying "im gona try stop the grineer/corpus".

At the end of the day which makes for the better experience?

I honestly do find it hard though to see how raid is less played than sabotage missions on average, sabotage doesnt give you the guarenteed mod at the end and the void doesn't even have them or capture missions, yet.  So void towers will end up with less mission types.

Really I am thinking the best options for those of us that want to keep the raid mission is play heaps of them.  Show DE by numbers we do like them.

Edited by Loswaith