The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Keep Raid Missions In The Game (With A Poll!)

Letter13

You know now that I think about stealing data, and capturing people makes sense... why are we stealing artifacts, where do they go, what does Lotus do with them, does it do anything to the lore, story, or game...? If you think about it maybe a steal artifact mission merged with another mission not a mission you can go do a thousand times... I mean like what is Lotus going to do with the artifacts? swim through them? Think of all he players who do raid, who steal an artifact and brings it back to the Lotus... think about it... long and hard... how many do it? How many artifacts are in the white tower... right now... and What is Lotus going to do with it all... outside of swimming in it, and building a super weapon to destroy the solar system...

cause I am going to be honest... that's a lot of artifacts... at least curve raid back to being a Alert mission that's RARE!!! and actually shows the alert reward as the item being taken... as in you get to the artifact and its a blueprint maybe sitting on a table or something... or you walk into a vault stash of resources and you get to take some...

You know now that I think about stealing data, and capturing people makes sense... why are we stealing artifacts, where do they go, what does Lotus do with them, does it do anything to the lore, story, or game...? If you think about it maybe a steal artifact mission merged with another mission not a mission you can go do a thousand times... I mean like what is Lotus going to do with the artifacts? swim through them? Think of all he players who do raid, who steal an artifact and brings it back to the Lotus... think about it... long and hard... how many do it? How many artifacts are in the white tower... right now... and What is Lotus going to do with it all... outside of swimming in it, and building a super weapon to destroy the solar system...

cause I am going to be honest... that's a lot of artifacts... at least curve raid back to being a Alert mission that's RARE!!! and actually shows the alert reward as the item being taken... as in you get to the artifact and its a blueprint maybe sitting on a table or something... or you walk into a vault stash of resources and you get to take some...

In-universe, I can see the Lotus wanting to keep Orokin artifacts out of enemy hands. They affect the balance of power; either faction could develop technology that would drastically shift the political map. Artifacts in locations that are overrun by infested need to be reclaimed before the Corpus or Grineer get to them.

The Lotus has a vested interest in maintaining a level "playing field" between all the factions; that was the main impetus behing Operation: Sling-Stone.

Raid makes sense to me as an active component of the Lotus's strategy. Real-world technological theft happens more often than you'd think. It's simply a practical thing to do.

When it comes to removing Raid as a mission type... I can't really agree with that. Raids make sense in this universe. I'm fine with some kind of rework that differentiates them somehow, but removing them all together doesn't sound good.

Imagine the Lotus having the option to intercept all these artifacts, and choosing not to. Strategically, that sounds incredibly silly. On top of that, it creates another gap in lore that will have to be filled at some point.

I really think it would be better for Warframe if Raid missions stayed around in some form.

In case you guys haven't read the latest hot topic, rescue's been added as a "mission type that needs to be reworked", alongside deception and spy.

Raid's still getting replaced with survival due to the developers thinking it's too similar to capture and sabotage.

Edited by RealityMachina

I don't get it. Who comes up with these ideas? Even if it is the least played mode why would you get rid of it? This game is already too repetitive, why would you get rid of a mission type and make it even more repetitive. It's like the Devs have never seen or heard all the complaints about farming in this game. In summary, I don't get it.

Edited by Carcharias

I don't get it. Who comes up with these ideas? Even if it is the least played mode why would you get rid of it? This game is already too repetitive, why would you get rid of a mission type and make it even more repetitive.

You do realize they're replacing it with a different gametype, right?

Why would you even CONSIDER removing raid?

Because people just rush and speed run raid missions. Ignoring 99% of the content and go straight to the artifact. But they should not be removed but rather reworked. Removing it entirely would just be a VERY LAZY solution from DE just so we can be forced to go through the whole content of the map in other mission types.

Because people just rush and speed run raid missions. Ignoring 99% of the content and go straight to the artifact. But they should not be removed but rather reworked. Removing it entirely would just be a VERY LAZY solution from DE just so we can be forced to go through the whole content of the map in other mission types.

Instead of rushing raids, people will rush captures now. DE is just covering and not really adressing anything here. They dont know how to keep people interested in mission that they are doing.

DE invest in some lore, better AI and better gameplay overall, maybe then people wont rush trough everything.

Most of the mission types are lame at the best.

Looks like I'm a bit late.

When I heard the mentioning of the "least played mission types" on that livestream, I thought "Oh! Must be spy or rescue right?" And you know what I heard? Yeap. "RAID!"

I flipped.

I charged steam wallet before, all ready and stuff to pay for another bundle of platinum, but I've been hesitating. I swear, if DE takes another wrong step I'm going to drop the idea completely.

I'm not even sure if they're even trying to make the game overall better or just make it look pretty now.

/signed

If DE is planning to remove Raid, they should also remove the overwhelming amount of farming that the game requires.

Seriously, their "statistics" guy must be getting drunk with Steve and Sheldon before he makes these terrible decisions.

Remove Spy and Rescue!!

• 1 month later...

I'm amazed DE still went through with this.

Alongside with the many complaints of people telling them Necro's third is bad, and Overheat was fine, I have to say, DE doesn't need us for anything other then funding.

I doubt they will ever listen to us at this rate. I really want to be wrong. Trust me, I do. But I feel like I'm not.