Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How would you guys feel about hot-romance fanfics?

Trailgamer5

Not into it.

Warframe just doesn't lend itself to that genre, for me.

That said, fan fiction is defined by fans. If you create it, then it is.

Just make sure you create and post it on the correct platform or venue (where it is wanted and accepted) and it's all good.

Spoiler

That said, I can think of very few fanart pieces that involve romance that I have liked. Check out Mistress Asimina and her hubby by @evergreenmind for a great example of tasteful romantic fan art. I've never sought out her more risque (on tumblr I think) stuff, but I think it exists and I'm fine with it. It's her fan art to create as a fan, just as you're free to create yours.

But this is visual art, not so much stories. I'm not sure where you'd post romantic/lewd fan WF fan fiction.

Edited by Rhekemi

Frames and operators are too short on personality to have anything that might be called a romance.  You'd practically have to invent the entire personalities, at which point I wonder why you just don't make it entirely original content instead of Warframe.

Same way I feel about spiders. They are a thing, that exists. Some people, who have obviously taken leave of either their senses, intelligence, or basic humanity, find them amusing/interesting. So long as they stay out of my house they won’t perish in molten hellfire.

Edited by Rakawan

On 7.12.2017 at 4:34 AM, Rhekemi said:

Not into it.

Warframe just doesn't lend itself to that genre, for me.

That said, fan fiction is defined by fans. If you create it, then it is.

Just make sure you create and post it on the correct platform or venue (where it is wanted and accepted) and it's all good.

Reveal hidden contents

That said, I can think of very few fanart pieces that involve romance that I have liked. Check out Mistress Asimina and her hubby by @evergreenmind for a great example of tasteful romantic fan art. I've never sought out her more risque (on tumblr I think) stuff, but I think it exists and I'm fine with it. It's her fan art to create as a fan, just as you're free to create yours.

But this is visual art, not so much stories. I'm not sure where you'd post romantic/lewd fan WF fan fiction.

I don't frequent the forums enough to know where things like fan fics would be shared in. The roleplay subforum comes to mind when i think of writing-based content, but i highly doubt that would work. This Fan Zone could also work in theory as well, though i personally wouldn't do it, or use forums at all for it. Sharing things via Google Docs or AO3 are the most common places i've seen, even Tumblr works in a pinch. I wouldn't recommend forums for it.

I have to disagree with Rehk on WF "not lending itself to that genre" - if you're willing to jump few hoops, WF offers a very surplus world for such fiction ... whether or not people want to see it is another, not even mentioning that depending on what concept from the game is used that make it ok or very-much-not-ok.

Spoiler

As for whatever Rehk might be suggesting regarding my art ... i will not deny the existence of more "risque" art pieces including our Lovely Mistress but i assure you, none of those have seen nor will see the light of internet.