Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

STUCK AT MR 23

(PSN)MashAuto

Rethink this test otherwise too many players will be stuck at MR 23 which is a buzz kill. Some of these mr tests are the opposite of fun. What's the point of playing if one cannot progress? And to the players who have done it, we get it,  you are skillful no doubt. Personally i have tried everything practised numerous times but still nothing. If you practice more than fifty times and fail each time then there is no point of it. If the aim is to lock out people from progressing then you have done it. The orb regenerates too fast, the enemies spawn too fast and kill the operator too easily, operator health too low and the speed useless. Come on. 

12 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

Honestly no clue what you're talking about cause im mr 15 but does it really matter no weapons requires anything above 13.

You can get more void traces in stock, more daily standing and 1 more mod capacity on your frame/weapons.

14 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

Honestly no clue what you're talking about cause im mr 15 but does it really matter no weapons requires anything above 13.

i believe rivens bumped this to MR16, 13 has no more weapons locked and 16 for no more rivens locked (or atleast ive never gotten or seen a riven with more then a MR16 requirement)

Edited by Tokens210

The operator test? Laughable in all honesty. If you can't even learn how to dash through a ton of little maggots to get 3x the energy you spent for one dash and still go on to shoot the orb, then I have no words for you. Press shift (or whatever your run button equivalent is on PS4) once to slide and you get far enough away to blast them again. Alternatively, just dash through the Broodmothers to knock them off the map. This saves about 10s or so while another one respawns on the platform. Just remember to tap the orb every now and then to prevent regeneration....really isn't even hard...

24 minutes ago, (PS4)MashAuto said:

And to the players who have done it, we get it,  you are skillful no doubt

has nothing to do with our skill, its more the fact that everyone beyond that MR has done the test and everyone working to that MR will have to do it, most if not all these threads usually boil down to people simply saying it was too hard or is and to change it but thats not fair to people who have already done it and had no issues, the fairness comes from we all had to do the same thing

5 minutes ago, Tokens210 said:

has nothing to do with our skill, its more the fact that everyone beyond that MR has done the test and everyone working to that MR will have to do it, most if not all these threads usually boil down to people simply saying it was too hard or is and to change it but thats not fair to people who have already done it and had no issues, the fairness comes from we all had to do the same thing

I couldn't care less if they changed it. MR24 test was the easiest test of all of them tbh, I don't even see how it could be made any easier, but if they found a way it wouldn't affect me one bit. None of them were an actual challenge to be proud of, more like a fun minigame rewarding you for the rank up.

1 minute ago, Snib said:

I couldn't care less if they changed it. MR24 test was the easiest test of all of them tbh, I don't even see how it could be made any easier, but if they found a way it wouldn't affect me one bit. None of them were an actual challenge to be proud of, more like a fun minigame rewarding you for the rank up.

Easiest? Quite sad that you think hacking 6 consoles is harder than flying around and stabbing/shooting things with a Fluctus is hard lol, especially when you can use ciphers. Like cmon DE, it's literally impossible to fail the test unless you're legitimately $&*&*#(%& xD

Just now, DarkFlameZealot said:

Easiest? Quite sad that you think hacking 6 consoles is harder than flying around and stabbing/shooting things with a Fluctus is hard lol, especially when you can use ciphers. Like cmon DE, it's literally impossible to fail the test unless you're legitimately $&*&*#(%& xD

Well, if running around in a circle for a minute while shooting a stationary object is the level of difficulty that breaks you I'm at a loss for words really.

Just now, Snib said:

im only MR16 so i probably wouldnt care either especially since i currently see no need for me to go any higher at all but it still leaves the window for players to freak out with just cause open

which is something DE seems to flipflop on alot from what ive seen, like the cost of Hema not being reduced to honor people that could actually afford it instead of refunding them the samples because it was done thru the dojo and the vault would end up with all materials not the players, yet apparently DE is in the process of trying to change the login rewards so you can choose which rewards you get at the specifically marked logins or something of that nature, havent even looked into it myself cause its an awful idea even to say it aloud lol

1 minute ago, Tokens210 said:

im only MR16 so i probably wouldnt care either especially since i currently see no need for me to go any higher at all but it still leaves the window for players to freak out with just cause open

which is something DE seems to flipflop on alot from what ive seen, like the cost of Hema not being reduced to honor people that could actually afford it instead of refunding them the samples because it was done thru the dojo and the vault would end up with all materials not the players, yet apparently DE is in the process of trying to change the login rewards so you can choose which rewards you get at the specifically marked logins or something of that nature, havent even looked into it myself cause its an awful idea even to say it aloud lol

Hema was an outlier really for that fake argument, in all other cases they changed build costs after the fact without refunds no problem. Login rewards are meant to be changed so you can choose the order in which you get the rewards, so you can e.g. get the Zenistar right away as a new player rather than only as a veteran.

I'm ambivalent about the value of that change myself but still, I never got that argument "it was hard for me so it has to be hard for others". That's like people complaining when a game goes on sale when they previously had paid full price and now feel betrayed.  It sounds silly, it is silly, but I see the argument all the time. It's just being petty really. Why not enjoy your own accomplishments and at the same time be happy for those coming after having an easier time?

12 minutes ago, Snib said:

Hema was an outlier really for that fake argument, in all other cases they changed build costs after the fact without refunds no problem. Login rewards are meant to be changed so you can choose the order in which you get the rewards, so you can e.g. get the Zenistar right away as a new player rather than only as a veteran.

I'm ambivalent about the value of that change myself but still, I never got that argument "it was hard for me so it has to be hard for others". That's like people complaining when a game goes on sale when they previously had paid full price and now feel betrayed.  It sounds silly, it is silly, but I see the argument all the time. It's just being petty really. Why not enjoy your own accomplishments and at the same time be happy for those coming after having an easier time?

i mentioned the Hema on purpose as its something they stated they wouldnt change to honor but then there's other things that they just do change, was my entire point of DE sometimes flip flopping on honoring things vs changing things

My argument was fairness comes from us all doing the same thing, (and as mentioned earlier im only mr16 currently but i wouldnt call a single test ive had to do Hard, some were slightly annoying especially if its a stealth one that doesnt say its stealth till your in there lol)

A MR24 if they care or not having done all the MR test to get there, then them totally changing the system either way easier or harder isnt really fair to someone in the equation

just like a player logging in for 700 days and then DE making changes so i can select the 700 day login as my 50th day reward or whatever isnt fair to the long time player, and actually removes incentive to login at all with current rewards and such, if i can get all the good login rewards within like 175 logins why bother even logging in regularly after that, with the login changes in particular i get why they wanna do it but theyve waited so long id hope theyd atleast give veterans that have gotten that high something in return for them changing the system, and im saying this as someone who's been a player for about 3 years and just hit like 47 days logged in as i walked away from the game for about 2 years

Edited by Tokens210

I get what you're saying, I just don't agree. I mean sure, if nothing ever changes that's the most fair of solutions, but I don't think it's always the best solution. Some things are good as they are and can stay the same forever, but some things need to be fixed, improved, evolved or even replaced as the game goes forward, and personally I can find no bitterness about that in myself. Besides, I get to make "back in my day" statements with new players not even knowing what I'm talking about anymore. ;)

1 minute ago, Snib said:

I get what you're saying, I just don't agree. I mean sure, if nothing ever changes that's the most fair of solutions, but I don't think it's always the best solution. Some things are good as they are and can stay the same forever, but some things need to be fixed, improved, evolved or even replaced as the game goes forward, and personally I can find no bitterness about that in myself. Besides, I get to make "back in my day" statements with new players not even knowing what I'm talking about anymore. ;)

i think we just had a venn diagram debate where we kinda agreed but not on everything and kinda disagreed but not on everything, but there was a small space in the middle where we intersected lol my head hurts

and im not against them making changes or anything like that i love this game and its growth,  my original thought and post was about the fact that alot of these threads that ive seen atleast boil down to or end up simply turning into a that was too hard make it easier for me thread, and that that type of thing would make things not fair or equal

12 minutes ago, Tokens210 said:

i think we just had a venn diagram debate where we kinda agreed but not on everything and kinda disagreed but not on everything, but there was a small space in the middle where we intersected lol my head hurts

Sounds like we're having a good discussion then. :)

And maybe we can agree that some players like to put more effort into complaining about perceived problems than they put into overcoming them. But at the end of the day everybody plays for their own reasons, and whether you can cater to them all is just a question of whether you can fit it into the game without being disruptive to others. Or if you need to be, then as you suggested, make the change but offer some form of compensation (although I'm sure the value of that will be a point of contention as well).

MR 24 test was fine. I passed my only practice and my time was better for the actual test.

Sounds like you were distracted from your main objective by trying to kill the enemy unit.  I was staying close to the orb and trying to shoot it as much as I can while staying as far from the enemies as I can. If the enemies approach me, I either ran (very slow) away from them or void dash (note: this is before I figured out operators can slide). The main focus is shooting the orb so I didn’t try to kill any of the enemies (they respawn anyway so why bother).

Edited by xiaodenden

2 hours ago, S.Dust said:

So basically your comment has no point other than +1 post count?

The test kinda teaches the importance of prioritisation imo. The Boilers aren't the threat, nor is killing them the objective. Thus you shouldn't waste your energy on them.

Maggots are a threat, and can catch you, however you can kill an entire group in a quick blast and immediately return to shooting the orb.Simple energy management is the only other thing that's important.

Beat the test with 1:30 still on the clock, just practice a bit more.

4 hours ago, (PS4)MashAuto said:

Rethink this test otherwise too many players will be stuck at MR 23 which is a buzz kill. Some of these mr tests are the opposite of fun. What's the point of playing if one cannot progress? And to the players who have done it, we get it,  you are skillful no doubt. Personally i have tried everything practised numerous times but still nothing. If you practice more than fifty times and fail each time then there is no point of it. If the aim is to lock out people from progressing then you have done it. The orb regenerates too fast, the enemies spawn too fast and kill the operator too easily, operator health too low and the speed useless. Come on. 

It took me a lot of time to pass it,

Run around always for energy, dash to the boiler first then kill the small ones. attack the orb,

Don't stand still as you will die

Run in circles, at least close to the energy orbs

I know it is not easy, but it's doable

4 hours ago, Tokens210 said:

i believe rivens bumped this to MR16, 13 has no more weapons locked and 16 for no more rivens locked (or atleast ive never gotten or seen a riven with more then a MR16 requirement)

u haven't seen a milter riven with MR26 requirement yet?

well ... will link the image later if i can find it, cuz im pretty sure the owner already dissolve it 

32 minutes ago, FireSegment said:

u haven't seen a milter riven with MR26 requirement yet?

well ... will link the image later if i can find it, cuz im pretty sure the owner already dissolve it 

just googled it, was a dread riven with a MR26 that everyone came to the conclusion it was photoshopped and the thread was locked, even if it wasnt it being that high would be a bug since you cant do anything with it trade wise or useful unless your that MR and DE literally just released MR25 and itll probably be atleast like 1-2 years until they make another as mr24 being highest was around for awhile (may have been mr18 was around for awhile i forget, i came back this october from 2 years away from the game)

the wiki page for Mastery Rank does however state there are a few Rivens with a MR18 lock so i was off by 2, its mr18 for all rivens

MR Wiki

[MR1]: Each progressive rank achieved from here grants an additional maximum 1000 daily standing with the player's chosen Syndicates, through equipping Sigils. Note that only one syndicate Sigil, either front or back may be allowed to be equipped on any Warframe at any one time.

[MR2]: From here, the player unlocks the Trade System. The amount of trades a player may complete per day is equal to the player's current mastery rank.

[MR2]: Each further alternate rank attained will increase the amount of available Loadout slots in the Arsenal.

[MR2]: Each rank-up will increase the maximum allowed amount of Void Traces by 50.

[MR6]: Unlocked all Syndicate Secondary weapons.

[MR8]: Unlocked all Syndicate Melee weapons.

[MR8]: Unlocked all Relays.

[MR10]: Unlocked all Market and clan Research weapons, with the exception of the Pyrana requiring Rank 12.

[MR12]: Unlocked all Syndicate Primary weapons.

[MR14]: Unlocked all game content to date, with the exception of some Riven Mods.

[MR18]: Unlocks all Riven Mods.

The Mastery Sigil cosmetic changes in design every 3 ranks; as Sigil color is defined by the player, having bronze, silver or gold do not affect available Sigil colors in any way. Players have no way of reverting the cosmetic Sigil back to previous ranks if they complete any bronze Mastery Rank test.

Edited by Tokens210

I don't see MR as a means of progression in anyway. Levelling up garbage weapons endlessly and even being compelled to purchase the vandal/wrath/prisma versions of garbage weapons to gain WF's equivalent of player level isn't compelling or rewarding player progression, it was never designed to be. I lost count of how many weapons I levelled to 30 never actually firing a shot knowing full well the weapon was trash. How many can say the same? Everyone truth be told.

MR is not an indication of anything other than "I have a bigger number therefore levelled more garbage". It does not indicate a players skill nor does it grant veteran status. I will never understand the compulsion to achieve something so menial never mind be actively upset about being denied it. 

Four Embers team up and push (4). Run around in circles on a mid level survival/defence missions for 30 minutes = level 0-30 primary, secondary, melee, sentinel and sentinel weapons. Technically you could get to MR24 without firing a single shot or swinging a melee weapon. I level up new weapons on spy missions, test them with a basic setup without a potato in the test area, decide if they are worth investment, if not....trash can. Pretty sure that is standard procedure for many.

I will admit the +1 to weapon/WF capacity is nice but I rarely max void traces and 1000+ syndicate standing is meh.

Don't be upset about it, just carry on and maybe if enough time passes when you do eventually pass the test you can take the MR25 test right after :) . 

Honestly, i have tried every suggestion here but still failed. If you did the test before eidolon update then it's not the same anymore. You can't shoot the orb from outside the ring anymore, damage dealt was reduced from 750 to 600 (how is this fair) the orb regenerates back every time you run to collect energy never mind your slow and squidgy operator is being chased the whole time. Oh and did i mention the timer. If you don't believe me have a go at it again and see for yourself.