Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition for Auction house.

(PSN)Earth_RickC-137

3 minutes ago, Tokens210 said:

one of games i played myself with an awful action house, DC universe has had veteran players actually lock out free and premium players by making the cheapest item on sale a piece of trash that was 1 million dollars lol

also in that game i alone am able to swing an entire market for an item as i own enough upgrades that i can post 26 pages of an item if i wish, ive actually altered the exobyte or bit prices myself multiple times for all of them lasttime i played

but also DC universe uses in game credits for trading and not the paid currency, unless they changed something

1 minute ago, Stormxdragon said:

I think it would work well and i for one would be very much for it as it would reduce occasions of stupid offers, of people trying to negotiate mid trade, it would make it easier to see attempted scams - on the other side it would allow certain people with a will to corner the market in some situation and drive prices up -but all in it would certainly make trading easier (everyone's had that guy who tries to change the price in middle of a trade) And contrary to what some people think its not a ridiculous idea and just because they might have said no in the past doesn't mean its never gonna happen in the future..

To address the concern of cornering the market for things - If i were to design this auctionhouse model then there would be a couple of things i'd do, despite these things likely being recieved poorly;

Listings would be limited per day. I'd personally say a total of 5. Listing would consume one of your daily trades. Buying would also consume one trade per transaction.

This whole thing would be about setting it up properly the first time, exploring all of these avenues and getting it right.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Earth_RickC-137 said:

This whole thing would be about setting it up properly the first time, exploring all of these avenues and getting it right.

yea i actually like many of your ideas and as long as current trading is left as is i see no problems, that DC post was more in regards to DC Universe seems like the AH works fine but it actually has been/ gets abused way way too often, and the fact that since it uses in game credits which is how dc limits players free and premium have money caps while paying players dont makes it different to our trading as we trade premium currency or paid currency however youd like to refer to it (if thats how it works still anyway havent played dc universe since like update 46 or 57 or whichever one removed all rewards from missions below your character lol talk about killing replay value lol)

Edited by Tokens210

27 minutes ago, SanguineSavant said:

For those who don't use Warframe Market. Try this site: https://nexus-stats.com/

I discovered it trying to answer the following query so hopefully it's of some use minor use.

If I recall Steve was asked it on a stream at some point and responded that "There are no plans to do an auction house" and from the way it was said and the facial expression it suggests there never will be. I've tried searching via google for a record of this but I don't think it was noted so don't take my memory as fact.

In fact, Steve said that both sides have really good arguments. However while the community don't enter in a consensus or at least majority of the players want a AH, they will not add one.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)dude1286 said:

As a console tenno, I am seriously tired of Warframe Market being brought up by the PC crowd. Warframe Market is useless to us for reasons that have been mentioned, not counting that that section of the site is empty and out of date.

May i ask, as to why you think it's useless ?. I have just been on there, and after switching between PC to Xbox and then to PS4 there are plenty of sellers on there as well as buyers. I'm genuinely curious as I've not had a console now for a few years. ( And no that does not mean i hate them. Just that my friends are all on PC. with a couple that own consoles.)

6 minutes ago, Tarkerus said:

May i ask, as to why you think it's useless ?. I have just been on there, and after switching between PC to Xbox and then to PS4 there are plenty of sellers on there as well as buyers. I'm genuinely curious as I've not had a console now for a few years. ( And no that does not mean i hate them. Just that my friends are all on PC. with a couple that own consoles.)

Whenever i've personally tried to use warframe market for buying, i've been met by one of two things; 1, the guy that wants his price and his price -only-, not a single plat under with zero room for negotiations, even if the offer is an item of equal or greater value. 2, just like in game a total lack of response at all, online, in game on site or otherwise. even days later.

Using this site for selling? I won't bother with the details there. The short story is i've never sold anything with that website to thank for it. 

Im sure many console players have experienced similar.

Although there are many items in the game I believe Warframe's yet reached the point for players to be noticed for a unique item to sell seeing as there aren't that many tradeable items to create variety, same goes for warframe.market but it works because not every player seeks it out or is aware of the site. However the complications there may be with in-game AH, I do agree to one exclusive to Rivens or at least a "new chat" would be helpful because with all the rivens flooding chat, each unique to a weapon, it's hard to find the riven you want sometimes or the consumer you want. I am aware that you may show your rivens on some other site but who doesn't think warframe.market is useful? there are so many options for rivens already we need to make a spot for them in warframe so that we get just the right buffs we want instead of having to go out and search for them it'd do us traders a favor easing off trading relays and chat more so that we have more room, since rivens came out there hasn't been a time in a relay nor chat when someone is selling a riven and since you don't get the chance to find which one you want often players overlook my items and head straight for those. Yes I do use warframe.market but they wouldn't of made Maroo's Brazarr without a reason

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Earth_RickC-137 said:

Whenever i've personally tried to use warframe market for buying, i've been met by one of two things; 1, the guy that wants his price and his price -only-, not a single plat under with zero room for negotiations, even if the offer is an item of equal or greater value. 2, just like in game a total lack of response at all, online, in game on site or otherwise. even days later.

Using this site for selling? I won't bother with the details there. The short story is i've never sold anything with that website to thank for it. 

Im sure many console players have experienced similar.

Fair enough. I can understand that. Yeah there has to be some give n take when it come to trading. Thank you for the response. :)

1 hour ago, Tokens210 said:

one of games i played myself with an awful action house, DC universe has had veteran players actually lock out free and premium players by making the cheapest item on sale a piece of trash that was 1 million dollars or a billion cant remember lol (happened right before daybreak bought out SOE, but it went on for so long that SOE eventually had to lock the entire AH till everyones items expired)

also in that game i alone am able to swing an entire market for an item as i own enough upgrades that i can post 26 pages of an item if i wish, ive actually altered the exobyte or bit prices myself multiple times for all of them lasttime i played

but also DC universe uses in game credits for trading and not the paid currency, unless they changed something

The prices reaching ridiculous amounts and screwing free / premium players was because hackers found a way in and destroyed the economy. The devs caught it pretty quick but the market was already so flooded with hacked money that it destroyed the pricing scale of items. Xbox's economy is still fine since it never had the hacker issue.

As for being able to screw up the market, that can happen here now. If someone comes in with a hundred dual stat mods and sells them for less than market, it definitely screws up the market for them. And don't even get me started on Baro. But just like DC Universe, the market always bounces back once whoever's pounding too much into the system stops. That exists in every economy, even the one we have now.

As for differences in currency, that's irrelevant. This thread is about whether it could work or not and the currency wouldn't change that. Diablo 3 had a very successful auction house and that used real $, not credits or a premium currency, real cash. The only reason they took it out of the game is because it was too successful and most people were just buying stuff instead of farming it themselves, a problem which we also already have,

1 hour ago, toafarmer said:

And here is our useless weekly "me wantz AH" thread. 

Also, no, thank you, AH is cancer. 

Me wantz logical explanation as to why it's cancer. Me also wantz 2 know y u so hostile. grunt grunt.

Seriously though, do i look illiterate to you? I've presented plenty of valid points which i welcome you to have a go at shooting down. Calling something cancer and walking away doesn't invalidate the debate, "useless" "weekly" or otherwise.

53 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Petition to load the accounts of those who make new AH threads onto flash drives and launch them into the sun.

What part, exactly, of my suggestion/s makes me unworthy of playing this game? 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Earth_RickC-137 said:

Me wantz logical explanation as to why it's cancer. Me also wantz 2 know y u so hostile. grunt grunt.

Seriously though, do i look illiterate to you? I've presented plenty of valid points which i welcome you to have a go at shooting down. Calling something cancer and walking away doesn't invalidate the debate, "useless" "weekly" or otherwise.

I have explained it in at least 5 of the other 765352 threads on the matter, you could just search the forums. 

2 minutes ago, toafarmer said:

I have explained it in at least 5 of the other 765352 threads on the matter, you could just search the forums. 

Well what about a riven mod specific auction house? That seems to be what a lot of people, even the partially opposed, would like to see. 

Is that, too, a horrible and cancerous idea?

edit: Also, i did search the forums. Something that seemed to be missing was a solid basis for the suggestion and and even bigger void of suggestions in which it could be made viable. I want to see what a true middle ground looks like, something that can keep the majority happy, be functional and not break anything that currently exists.

Edited by (PS4)Earth_RickC-137
Point to be made

Just now, (PS4)Earth_RickC-137 said:

Well what about a riven mod specific auction house? That seems to be what a lot of people, even the partially opposed, would like to see. 

Is that, too, a horrible and cancerous idea?

Every AH is cancerous in every game. Won't be any different on WF. Also there is wftrader.com, /r/RivenFrame/ and official forums for rivens. 

11 minutes ago, toafarmer said:

Ok so just to be totally sure here, i actually searched activity on your profile to try and locate one of these explanations you've made, i don't see any. 2 pages dating back to 2016. nada. Sorry bud, can't say i didn't try looking for it.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Earth_RickC-137 said:

Ok so just to be totally sure here, i actually searched activity on your profile to try and locate one of these explanations you've made, i don't see any. 2 pages dating back to 2016. nada. Sorry bud, can't say i didn't try looking for it.

If you knew how to search properly you probbaly wouldn't have made a new thread to discuss AH again. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Earth_RickC-137 said:

Or maybe mods are deleting AH related threads.

Anyone remember the Diablo 3 auction house fiasco? Sure, it isn't exactly the same as this game, but the point is that it was better to not play the game and get better loot, than it was to play the game. I'm pretty much swapping any sword, or weapon that you would get in that game for a riven in Warframe, and it looks like the same thing will come out of it - overly inflated prices, and an incentive to not play the game to get the stuff you want. The game got better when they removed the auction house, and reworked the loot system.

We need better RNG when it comes to rivens, and loot in general. My vote is solidly "no" for the auction house, because I've seen this song and dance before. I'll agree that we need something more than trade chat in game to make trading easier, but not an auction house.

1 minute ago, Homer87 said:

Anyone remember the Diablo 3 auction house fiasco? Sure, it isn't exactly the same as this game, but the point is that it was better to not play the game and get better loot, than it was to play the game. I'm pretty much swapping any sword, or weapon that you would get in that game for a riven in Warframe, and it looks like the same thing will come out of it - overly inflated prices, and an incentive to not play the game to get the stuff you want. The game got better when they removed the auction house, and reworked the loot system.

We need better RNG when it comes to rivens, and loot in general. My vote is solidly "no" for the auction house, because I've seen this song and dance before. I'll agree that we need something more than trade chat in game to make trading easier, but not an auction house.

Not only Diablo 3, but recently Mu Legend AH fiasco that led to game being almost dead within a month from launch. Not to mention the crapload of gold selling spam mods we will have to deal with. 

Mu Legend fiasco was so ridiculous that they had to close AH due to gold seller spammers buying redzen (the cash store currency) and charging back after reselling to players. 

5 minutes ago, djternan said:

Go play a different game if you want an auction house or propose a realistic fix for the inevitable market crash.

I don't know how it is on PC but i can tell you now that on ps4 the market's already crashed. There's more items than buyers, especially where riven mods are concerned. This is why the conversation has seemed to drift closer to a riven specific automated market system than a general auction house. If anything, implementing at least a place to post a riven and a price and browse all the rivens that are being sold at one's own leisure rather than staring at a box of text moving faster than even some filters can control would, if anything, help to stabilise that particular market. And again, ease the traffic a bit on trade chat. You know, so people actually get to see the other stuff you're selling.

11 hours ago, Nakrast said:

Auction houses kill the economy, simply because one person for example puts a streamline mod for 5p, somenoe else will put it for 4p, and so and so on, this applies to everything, and at some point the market will be dead, for the only exeption of super rare items.
People will stop selling items simply because it won't be worth it.

On a side note, game like BDO have a good fixed market, that changes value of items by a small %, based on item supply and demand, but that wouldn't be a free market, so it's a no to that too.

This can fixed with an inverted trade tax.

Basic tax is 10p on all items.

You cannot sell items lower than 10p as you wouldnt get any cash. This would eliminate all junk items from there as they dont worth putting on.

Tax decreases by 1p every 50p spent, from 500p every listing is tax free.

Max listing price avaible is 600p.

We keep the trade chat.

Separate taxless auction pages for rivens.