Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do we want Warframe to end?

(XBOX)LAZYNOOB2017

Up until now I've asked this question and the only answer I've gotten is "DE have no intention of ending it".

Now I'm talking about the story to the game and how the devs can prolong the game for years to come but eventually, it's got to have an ending. They could do one which allows us to carry on with the rest of the game but if it just keeps going it will slowly but surely get pretty silly. Imagine looking at the game in like 20 years time and thinking "how is this game still going?"

I want a final confrontation between the Stalker, the Tenno, and the Sentients. What about you guys?

9 minutes ago, Valor said:

I want Warframe to end the same way Runescape did.

with it being split into two games ....and one group that is stuck in the past refusing to move on....just because the combat is different? :P

OT: Unless something catastrophic happens to DE...warframe wont die or end.

It's technically still an Open Beta and you're talking about how it's going to end?  I'm waiting for it to get released! :P

My second response is something along the lines of "Hopefully with the Sun going nova, shedding its outer layers and leaving a white dwarf."

My serious answer is actually another question: "Why does it have to end?"  Currently, DE is fleshing out the lore.  We've found out exactly what warframes and Tenno are, we've been told the origin of the Corpus and the Grineer as well as the motivations behind them.  We know who the Lotus is, we know what happened to the Orokin, we know who and what the Sentients are/were.  I think, once the background lore is fulling filled in (and there's still a few holes) the game will just progress in real time, like WoW does.  Events will happen that will shape the current balance of the Origin System.  There is a constant war between the Grineer and the Corpus out there, plus millions (perhaps billions) of innocent lives caught in the mix.  There's plenty for us to do, plenty of new events to happen.  The Sentients could return, Orokin could reemerge from the Void, the Grineer or Corpus could gain transference, or grab a few sleeping Tenno to control.  

I mean, how it would "end" is with peace in the Origin System, but I don't see that happening.  I vote sun going nova, personally.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)CannaWhoopazz13 said:

It's technically still an Open Beta and you're talking about how it's going to end?  I'm waiting for it to get released! :P

My second response is something along the lines of "Hopefully with the Sun going nova, shedding its outer layers and leaving a white dwarf."

My serious answer is actually another question: "Why does it have to end?"  Currently, DE is fleshing out the lore.  We've found out exactly what warframes and Tenno are, we've been told the origin of the Corpus and the Grineer as well as the motivations behind them.  We know who the Lotus is, we know what happened to the Orokin, we know who and what the Sentients are/were.  I think, once the background lore is fulling filled in (and there's still a few holes) the game will just progress in real time, like WoW does.  Events will happen that will shape the current balance of the Origin System.  There is a constant war between the Grineer and the Corpus out there, plus millions (perhaps billions) of innocent lives caught in the mix.  There's plenty for us to do, plenty of new events to happen.  The Sentients could return, Orokin could reemerge from the Void, the Grineer or Corpus could gain transference, or grab a few sleeping Tenno to control.  

I mean, how it would "end" is with peace in the Origin System, but I don't see that happening.  I vote sun going nova, personally.

not to mention DESteve has mentioned several times a desire to progress out of the origin system to another solar system (i think supposed to be the one the sentients colonized but my memory is fuzzy)

Just now, Kalvorax said:

with it being split into two games ....and one group that is stuck in the past refusing to move on....just because the combat is different? :P

OT: Unless something catastrophic happens to DE...warframe wont die or end.

No, I meant I want it to end the way Runescape did - in the sense that it hasn't ended yet and it's been around forever.

2 minutes ago, Valor said:

No, I meant I want it to end the way Runescape did - in the sense that it hasn't ended yet and it's been around forever.

good point..over 15 years for it is a huge goal for sure :) WF is coming up on...4? or is it 5? and its still going strong at least.

A final fight... all the players against Hunhow's Sentients! All or nothing! You die, you lose your character in a permanent way but you will damage the enemies until the last heroes put him down once and for all.

A memorial with the names of the users that fall on the war would be nice too! >:3

latest?cb=20150307024923

My initial response is obviously: NEVER!

Warframe never has to end. The devs could add more galaxies filled with more alien species to combat. Right now we're limited to one star system and three (Grineer, Corpus, Sentients) alien species. I think Infested are infested grineer, corpus, etc. This game has such amazing growth potential, because there's no real reason why it would have to end. The tenno can go on to fight negative forces across the Multiverse! Every ten years or so, a new galaxy can be added. Some being could contact us and ask for help. Perhaps, the Stalker unleashes his acolytes on another star system. Warframe, like Star Trek, is limitless in its scope!

I think eventually consoles will be a thing of the past and we will all have to use PC. Therefore in the technical aspect, Warframe will only be limited by PC technology of the day.

I want it to end when virtual reality technology reaches completion and becomes some kind of inter-dimensional technology. I want to go into the world of Warframe physically and be a Tenno. I mean, seriously! The technology would only be TRULY mastered if we can insert ourselves in the position we want to be in.

My first thought was XdlZR68.gif

As I thought about it, to seal the story arc and tie up some loose ends with some badash baddies, maybe blowing up the Sentients with the Void destroying the Sentient threat and the evil Void entity in the process. As the Void is decimated, the Tenno power would naturally fade or have to evolve. Maybe the Tenno find a new source to keep their Warframes going.

And maybe at least sterilizing the Sentients so that they get brought down a notch and seem to be tough as nails survivors as we see on the Plains and think twice about a brutal battle in the Sol system, risking the extermination of their species in they keep going forward with their plans.

The Grineer threat has ceased, and the worm Queen has decided to worry about her own people. The Corpus stir no more trouble with funding death-bots, and Ballas comes to terms with Hunhow and apologizes for the Orokin manipulation of the lower castes in the Empire. Sentients return to Tau with the intent to finish terraforming. Some Tenno go with them to discover what comes next. 

The Lotus goes into hiding, believing her father’s sudden change to friendliness may be part of a scheme. 

Ballas reveals the Umbra project of warframes to be an experiment to make Warframes fully sentient. With the last Void Key in existence, he uses it’s power to grant sentience to all warframes.

Hunhow reveals himself to be the last member of a humanoid race of aliens from Tau with the power to telepathically feel emotions. He claims he linked the Orokin drones to his mind and felt wrong about how they were just being used for dirty work and nothing else. He decided to return them to the Orokin with the intent to kill as means of punishment for terraforming his world. He and Ballas put their differences aside and now coexist with the common goal to repair what was lost in war. 

Ultimately overall, the Tenno are the most powerful beings in the universe. Some have decided to go in hiding with the Lotus to protect her, while others stayed behind with Ballas. This causes a civil dispute between the Tenno. Some argue that siding with Ballas is treason while others say they should’ve been with Ballas all along.

Massive colony ships are constructed and sent out to search for populations in need. The Tenno act as overseers to this project and personally lead this initiative.

The sol system is once again booming with civilizations and a system-wide Republic is formed to make sure all civilizations have a say in affairs.

Edited by (XB1)OTF SERENiTY

5 minutes ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

As I thought about it, to seal the story arc and tie up some loose ends with some badash baddies, maybe blowing up the Sentients with the Void destroying the Sentient threat and the evil Void entity in the process. As the Void is decimated, the Tenno power would naturally fade or have to evolve. Maybe the Tenno find a new source to keep their Warframes going.

I think that the first part of that would be a great way to end it. We destroy both major threats to the Sol System. Maybe in the Sacrifice, the Warframes will gain their full consciousness? I hope so. If they do, then I have an idea that I personally think would enhance yours.

The Warframes are the hand, the Operator is the will. I personally think that the two together make the Tenno, I don't really see the Operators as the Tenno. I mean, aside from being called, "Void demons", "Devils from that hell", and "The ones from the Zariman", the Tenno didn't really have a name for themselves before the Warframes came along. 

Since the Warframes have gained consciousness in the Sacrifice, they fully interact with the Operators and make plans together. The two bond, everything goes well pretty much from there on out. You know, aside from lethal Hunhow attacks and such. The Man In the Wall may or may not reveal more abilities to the Tenno and the new ones are kinda just quality of life at this point. The Tenno mainly use these in alternative ways to make living easier and more comfortable. 

After several years of bonding with our Warframes, the Sentient get into a prime attack position (For us) and threaten to destroy, something. I don't know what. We try to attack with our Warframes like in the Old War, but it doesn't work out. We make one final plan with our Warframes; use the Void to kill the Sentients once and for all.

This event will be purely catastrophic for the Tenno side as a whole. The Man In the Wall knows the nature of the Void and says that it will no longer be available for use by anyone, including the Tenno. This would mean that the Warframes would cease their existence, and the Tenno would have to live as normal humans from there on out. When the Void gets destroyed, it explodes in a massive supernova kind of end that finishes off all, and I mean ALL Sentient life. (Sentient being the machines) This includes the Lotus, but she says it is ok with her for her story to end here so long as her children and the rest of the Sol System are safe. The Warframes are ok with sacrificing themselves for what they have been fighting for ever since the beginning. The Tenno are ok with living as normal people. This could stop their nightmares, stop the dreams of the endless blood on their hands. Maybe they could try to regain their righteousness (Hoping that's the right word) by living as solid citizens of the new peaceful system? It would allow the Tenno to have kids, tell them stories of great battles, and get to have families other than each other and (To me, more than) a machine. 

In my mind, with the Tenno having killed all the majorly evil Corpus throughout the game's runtime (I mean, we have to have killed all of them several times), the Corpus would probably become normal merchants and engineers without their evil leaders. In The War Within, we took the staff from the Grineer Queens. Since we are now the wielders of the Kuva Scepter, we technically control the Grineer. But based on what the different outcomes of the final decision in the quest, I would say that the Grineer actually followed the Kuva, not the scepter. Either way, the Scepter is no longer in the hands of the evil. So either the Grineer are now free and would rather be peaceful than try and attempt system domination, or they would rather end their lives and cease their nightmares of being twisted monsters. 

Anyway, there's what I got. Most of that was based on SPARTAN-187's entry. So credit to him/her.

It'll never end.

But if it did. I would like to see a battle against the Sentients, then the Orokin, then the queens.

And in the end the sentient threat will be completely eliminated, lotus dies in some sacrifice leaving the tenno to choose their own fate. The Orokin destroyed as well and kuva being made completely useless so that it will never revive them again. The Queens will be killed but the Grineer will live on. A new Grineer empire will rise that will not only ally the Tenno but make peace with the corpus(possibly run by Steel Meridian which leads to an alliance?). With all working together Grineer cloning will be perfected with Grineer returning to a more human state. Any Corpus leaders that try to exploit the Tenno will be arrested(Alad V, Nef Anyo) by the Corpus and they will continue their business more "ethically". Finally, whatever void threat will be taken out but at a cost. The Tenno will lose their connection or "curse" to the void and their immortality along the process. Warframes will hopefully be independent of the Tenno and will remain Guardians and protection to all, maintaining balance.

Threats will come and go. But with the Warframes around, no threat is big enough.

The Tenno will live the rest of their lives. Veterans of war. Finally free. possibly living with the Oestrons and living normal lives with jobs etc. Their powers remain but significantly weaker and is passed down through their descendants.

The Warframes will live the rest of their lives doing what they were made for. Protecting all. For they can't relax no, that's not what they enjoy. Years of bloodshed is all they know and can't live without it.

It's far fetched and a vast of ideas that I can come up with but this is the happiest ending i can come up with for now. Quite bittersweet for the Warframes but I cant imagine them chilling at the plains beach sipping Pina Coladas

Also great topic btw I've never wrote this much on a forum, especially about lore.