Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weird Question: Is there just...less Tennogen/Cosmetics on PC?

(XBOX)CannyJack

Question

Apologies for what may be a dumb question: I'm a long-time Xbox One player, but a relatively new PC player with Warframe. I landed myself one of those 75% discounts, bought a bootyload of platinum, and figured I'd buy up some cosmetics since I had the plat. But a number of the things that were available on console are missing from the PC, and overall the cosmetic options seem to be much thinner. 

Now, I realize that the offerings across platforms will be different, but I was surprised by the apparent lack of options (for instance, lots of skins aren't available, lots of helmets, quite a few of the Syandanas, etc) -- are they just not there, or is there some threshold I have to cross before being able to access them? 

19 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, momodou said:

Are you using the steam version of the game?

^ This.
You must use the Steam version of Warframe. Tennogen is "The Steam Workshop for Warframe"
And on PC you can't buy Tennogen items with platinum, you will have to buy them with real life currency through Steam.

Edited by Void-Gunslinger

13 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

Apologies for what may be a dumb question: I'm a long-time Xbox One player, but a relatively new PC player with Warframe. I landed myself one of those 75% discounts, bought a bootyload of platinum, and figured I'd buy up some cosmetics since I had the plat. But a number of the things that were available on console are missing from the PC, and overall the cosmetic options seem to be much thinner. 

Now, I realize that the offerings across platforms will be different, but I was surprised by the apparent lack of options (for instance, lots of skins aren't available, lots of helmets, quite a few of the Syandanas, etc) -- are they just not there, or is there some threshold I have to cross before being able to access them? 

To be honest PC probably has more Skins and Tennogen stuff than consoles. I could be wrong though.

PC has a lot of Tennogen that isn't available on consoles, but only if you use the Steam client.  PC Tennogen is purchased with cash, directly through Steam.  The supposed advantage is that the Tennogen creators get a direct cut of all sales of their items.  The system for selling it on consoles is different, and I don't know the details.  I do know that there are a number of items that *aren't* for sale on consoles, because the difference means that the Tennogen creator wouldn't agree to allow the item to be ported over.

The system is what it is.  Every once in a while there's a rage post about it one way or the other.  Usually either a Steam user upset that they can't use their vast hoard of platinum, someone with the stand alone launcher angry that they would have to install Steam, or a console player upset that the item they really want isn't being sold in the console stores.

Still, it's nice to have variety, and I really, really like some of the Tennogen.  Nyx Carnifex is one of my favorite looks.  And I really hope the creator turns it into a complete series like the Graxx line.  (Which are also very nice.)

8 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

PC has a lot of Tennogen that isn't available on consoles, but only if you use the Steam client.  PC Tennogen is purchased with cash, directly through Steam.  The supposed advantage is that the Tennogen creators get a direct cut of all sales of their items.  The system for selling it on consoles is different, and I don't know the details.  I do know that there are a number of items that *aren't* for sale on consoles, because the difference means that the Tennogen creator wouldn't agree to allow the item to be ported over.

The system is what it is.  Every once in a while there's a rage post about it one way or the other.  Usually either a Steam user upset that they can't use their vast hoard of platinum, someone with the stand alone launcher angry that they would have to install Steam, or a console player upset that the item they really want isn't being sold in the console stores.

Still, it's nice to have variety, and I really, really like some of the Tennogen.  Nyx Carnifex is one of my favorite looks.  And I really hope the creator turns it into a complete series like the Graxx line.  (Which are also very nice.)

You just buy it with plat on consoles.

9 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

We need a Graxx Chroma because to be honest he doesn't have to many skins (at least on Xbox).We have the Dynasty skin(cool looking but not my style ps not tennogen) and the Other skin for Chroma that is Tennogen.

12 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm not raging at all -- I just didn't realize how it worked. I'll re-download through Steam at some point in the future (when I have time) and get things set up to access the Tennogen that way. 

Just now, (Xbox One)BigLithuanian said:

We need a Graxx Chroma because to be honest he doesn't have to many skins (at least on Xbox).We have the Dynasty skin(cool looking but not my style ps not tennogen) and the Other skin for Chroma that is Tennogen.

The Tennogen skin is Called Drevni but it does not drastically alter Chroma's appearance like many other Tennogen skins.

Consoles only has the tennogen from the last few releases and only a few entries from before that. (because newer entries are under a new contract so they can release on consoles in full)

You sure are in for a treat when you see the tennogen page in the PC market. :laugh:

21 minutes ago, DarthBane1 said:

#1: PC has more tennogen as almost anything released to warframe is released to PC before console. This has ALWAYS been the case. 

#2: Steam is required to review tennogen

#3: about 90% of tennogen can not be bought with plat. Only cash. 

I have to say that was why I found it weird -- I assumed the vast majority of great Tennogen was on the PC version, but since I didn't make the Steam connection, I was super confused.