Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aura Mods: Consistency and Player Choice

Voltage

On 1/5/2018 at 5:17 PM, Etomb said:

Passive energy regeneration conflicts with active, action-oriented gameplay, which is what warframe is built around- Rewarding the player for actually doing things. See this thread for an intense discussion of energy, and actually viable modification propositions: 

for you, maybe. but for many players (indluding myself) warframe is built around getting good results with low as possible effort (afk-farming and so on)

On 1/6/2018 at 9:43 AM, cursedmoon13 said:

honestly, I think that aura already trolls people if they like to use charge attacks a lot and need their shields to survive.

RIP the 2 people who regularily use charge attcaks...

but seriously, making every melee strike drain shields would be really bad, especially for frames like harrow that rely on shields

il y a 2 minutes, greenti44 a dit :

RIP the 2 people who regularly use charge attacks...

but seriously, making every melee strike drain shields would be really bad, especially for frames like harrow that rely on shields

Naturally all you have to do is make this very Aura mod only affect the player that has it equipped or make it a generic mod because it affects other players in a negative way.

As for harrow, he's actually THE frame that would benefit the most from this mod.
He has the energy, the power and the shield capacity to hold on to this Aura infinitely.
The man ain't ever going to drop shield with 2000-4000 overshield at the cast of one power.

I run loot detector on the plains now to see wisps. Also enemy radar is very good when you're power running eidolons to find those vomvalysts. Enemy radar is also very useful in survival when you loot cave, enemy radar range helps aggro enemies (yup, try it if you dont believe me).

18 hours ago, greenti44 said:

RIP the 2 people who regularily use charge attcaks...

I guess I'm one of those people, then, if only because I throw "glaives" a lot. Pretty sure that counts. Especially annoying since I run Ivara with Prowl up when I throw said glaives, and the shield drain likely counts as damage, which then drains more energy. Complete nightmare.

Edit: okay, so according to the wiki "This Aura currently does not affect Glaives, Gunblades, nor the Zenistar disc." so at least that's not a problem, but still, it's the principle of the thing.

18 hours ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

Naturally all you have to do is make this very Aura mod only affect the player that has it equipped or make it a generic mod because it affects other players in a negative way.

Honestly don't know what they were thinking, releasing an AURA with a downside. The mod card might as well have said "get ready for someone to get mad at you for imposing a penalty on them. Or, you know, for not slotting CP instead."

Edited by cursedmoon13
"new" information.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/10/2018 at 6:00 PM, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

As for harrow, he's actually THE frame that would benefit the most from this mod.
He has the energy, the power and the shield capacity to hold on to this Aura infinitely.
The man ain't ever going to drop shield with 2000-4000 overshield at the cast of one power.

yeah you're right, harrow is a very bad example here, i just chose him cause he has a lot of shield an low health. but you get the point

On 18/12/2017 at 10:23 PM, --Q--Voltage said:

"the entire quote, but in one line"

sure, some auras needs to be changed because of the competition between those mods

i even created an topic talking about mods like this, but not specifically the aura ones...

but back to the topic:

Weapon amps in general: you are asking for an effect similar to Lasting Purity (vulkar's augment), which increases the overall damage after the mods... i think this is an bit too powerful, mostly because of the stacking effect:
make an team of Dead Eye and you will have +160% overall damage... put this on Vulkar Wraith (which has the augment that raises its base damage from 250 to 400 for 1 mod slot) or Lanka (500 base damage) and you will have an weapon of mass destruction (on the last case, 1300 damage), more powerful than Opticor (1000 damage, and using rifle category)

in general, i think those values should be raised, sure, but can't be overall damage because of the scaling effect, but an addition with Serration, at most between 40 and 60%, since this will work better on beginners, which doesn't have mods, but don't create anything beyond control, after all, aura mods isn't the only ones which can cut off enemy's armor (Seeking Shuriken, Polarize, banshee 1° augment...)

Empowered Blades: do you know what you have done here? you are simply... forcing the entire squad to use their shield as  payment to swing their meele weapon, at all, just because someone thought that was an good idea to equip this mod

it just becomes even worse for beginners, even if i know that mod can't be dropped before Second Dream... but whatever, since they normally don't have any means to heal themselves

i have no idea about how to change this aura, but its still bad for this mod, that can affect allies, to have an detrimental effect

and an correction: its not status chance, its status damage, done with gas, slash, toxin or fire

EMP aura: i'm already looking at squads that uses 4 of these and 4 Coaction Drift... just to have -100% speed reduction and almost nothing of accuracy, even if capped at 75%, its almost an molecular prime effect all the time

and another correction: the aura's description says that this effect only works on robotics, like MOAs, osprey and Bursas, and not on crewman

Infested Impedance: same as EMP aura, and infested, by majority, don't have any ranged attacks, except if they can't reach you by any means

and Kuva Conumdrum is here too

Physique: i thought about something different than flat health/shield for warframe, like

- +40% base health for warframes, companions and sentinels (unranked Vitality for everybody) 

- +20% overall health on defense targets, which includes excavators, mobile defense terminals and rescue targets

Rejuvenation/Energy Siphon: they are ok right now, doesn't need to change

Toxin Resistance into Elemental Resistance: elemental damage immunity? do you know that already have some elemental resistance mods for warframes, isn't?

and you are even not understanding the effect, since Toxin Resistance just give an flat value to the players (+15 toxin resistance on -50% vulnerability which we already have)

i don't have any idea about changes on this one

and for now, no complaining about the rest of the auras

Edited by Zeyez

Only chiming in for rejuv, possibly make it a percentile value, makes it a bit more fair use between say loki and inaros, one being highly effective (though ultimately still questionable out side 4x your suggestion) and the other being... more or less pointless. Auras are team buffs first and foremost, none should be arguably (though seriously, you want to argue 3-12/8-32 hp per second on 2k+ health pool, id love to hear it) pointless. Maybe a if/than value, 8 flat hp or something like 2-4%, the higher value applying accordingly, just a thought.

Edited by DarcnyssWolfe
Useless -> questionable

I am all for the aura mods having the same polarity and base frames have a neutral polarity (with prime having this new polarity).  If the only thing that was done is this, it would be huge.  Breathe new life into old frames.  

I get the CP argument but disagree.  Only missions I'm running is lvl 100 sorties and it's not needed except for occasional grineer boss (then having 4 turns 30 min fight into 30 sec).  I typically run enemy radar for most builds.  I'll run energy syphon on invisibility spy mission Loki to save pizzas (if I want to run a different School than zenerrik).  Of course cp aura for assasinations.  Most my frames have naramon polarity because it's the best.  I keep chroma as maduari (V) for dead eye for edilon captures (sweet riven on sniper), a V on volt because I have a sweet melee build, and the occasional growing power build.  There are frames like volt with many unique build options I'd like to play with a dash aura instead so I've forma him so many times I can switch.  

It's not player friendly but your suggestion is.  Allow us to use what we want.  More variation is always good.  Armor scaling aside (most people don't do 1+ hour survival), this would allow me to try out many things and encourage team composition / planning.

Alternately, allow the aura slot to have multiple polarities (although I like your idea better as it is simple).  It really bothers me when I have to forma a aura slot to use desired aura then I want to try an alternate build and cannot.  

Also a fan of modifying auras (dont agree on all changes) but I'm not going to comment on all of them.  There is a huge hole in auras that benefit companions, so feel free to add these ideas to your list:

Alpha Predator:

Effect - Grants all kubrows and kavats on squad 25% damage boost, 15% increased speed.

Acquisition - Tenno lab

Advanced Training:

Effect - Reduces ability cool-down timer on kubrows and kavats by 20%.  With 4 of these, pet ability casting would be increased 80% (almost twice as much).

Acquisition - The pet handler guy in Cetus (Plains of Edilon) for 25K standing

Guardian Velocity:

Grants all sentinals 25% fire rate and +25 armor

Acquisition - Cephalon Simarus (AI in relay) for 25K standing

Many other variations could be made but better to not flood with so many choices since effects will be better when combined.  Sure these wouldn't see much use but would certainly be handy when your are training one (i.e. leveling up) or while farming.  Just some extra variation pushing air into a vacuum.  

P.s. I purposely avoided adding vacuum to pets because this should be standard issue, not eat up an aura slot.

Edited by Educated_Beast