Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank you for delaying Damage 2.5, DE. Work on it as long as needed.

Twilight053

I'm kinda bummed the new Eidolons got delayed too, but I'm glad they delayed the IPS change. The whole thing looked like it was specifically tuned for Khora which is a bad thing considering this would affect every single weapon in existence. 

Leaving a half-baked system for Christmas is a bad, bad thing, and I'm glad they're not doing that this year.

Edited by TotallyLagging

You know the changes proposed would do the following? Slash would be broken, in the worst way.
Any weapon that doesn't have base slash damage, when proccing slash, will do NO DAMAGE.

Any weapon that does will be affected by a straight 60% (or more depending on how many damage types you've crammed onto the weapon) slash proc damage reduction.

I suggested a (second*) solution: keep half (15% / 30%) base weapon damage being converted to slash on slash procs, but also keep the proposed version (30% slash damage = slash proc damage) so weapons with slash, in essence, don't get the nerf as badly, and weapons that can proc slash via other means (Stances or Hunter Munitions) would still be able to, but would output less proc damage.

*The first one which was in the spoilers was a bit much (keep 30% weapon dmg = slash proc dmg + keep 30% slash dmg = slash dmg proc).

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Expanded.

41 minutes ago, (PS4)zeratul____12 said:

I cant help but feel that the removal of "essential" mods will ultimately be a bad thing and likely send the Riven prices soaring.

Essential in the sense that Slash proc weapons were the only way to deal with DE's enemy scaling unless you had the perfect setup for your warframe and your group.

It's just another way to increase the grind level of the game.

32 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

Essential in the sense that Slash proc weapons were the only way to deal with DE's enemy scaling unless you had the perfect setup for your warframe and your group.

It's just another way to increase the grind level of the game.

To be honest, when the "pro endgamer" meta becomes required to progress, the point of sensible values has long since passed. Hat's off to those who go and grind out enemies in stupid high levels but in my opinion, it's essentially breaking the game at that point. But then again, I can't even be arsed to do sorties with any regularity. Highest I go is 60's or so. Why subject myself to a sea of sponges? 

8 hours ago, FashionFrame said:

It's always a good thing. A rushed project only means disaster. 

Not really, but depends on the context I guess. Constant overlong delays is off putting to say the least, especially so if even after the delays the end result is just as bad as the more pessimistic community makes it out to be...

1 minute ago, Tsardova said:

Not really, but depends on the context I guess. Constant overlong delays is off putting to say the least, especially so if even after the delays the end result is just as bad as the more pessimistic community makes it out to be...

depends why it's being delayed, but if the answer is: Make the game not a buggy mess, then yes, it's ALWAYS good to delay.

1 minute ago, FashionFrame said:

depends why it's being delayed, but if the answer is: Make the game not a buggy mess, then yes, it's ALWAYS good to delay.

3 minutes ago, Tsardova said:

*cough*

1 minute ago, FashionFrame said:

yes COUGH

7 minutes ago, Tsardova said:

flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg

Just now, Tsardova said:

flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg

also when it comes to delay, the community attacking DE because "It's too buggy, you should have worked on it more!" don't understand that DE can only stress test so much in their own studio, before they have to actually release it and truly see bugs and problems that weren't able to be seen until millions of players are trying to new content at the same time. And that's where hotfixing comes in. In the end, the project they give to us looked good to DE at time of launch, but must always prepare for the worse because the online stress testing is gonna show much much more.

3 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

also when it comes to delay, the community attacking DE because "It's too buggy, you should have worked on it more!" don't understand that DE can only stress test so much in their own studio, before they have to actually release it and truly see bugs and problems that weren't able to be seen until millions of players are trying to new content at the same time. And that's where hotfixing comes in. In the end, the project they give to us looked good to DE at time of launch, but must always prepare for the worse because the online stress testing is gonna show much much more.

Can see where you're getting at but yeah...  kinda "redundant" to say community is attacking DE cause bugs are bound to happen especially considering the size and progress of this game after all this year and majority of the feedback be it negative or otherwise have been posted exceedingly well in terms of mannerism compared to other MMO's online community.

That being said, I understand that DE needs to revamp their game to keep it alive and hook people in but their latest track record has been rather underwhelming considering the hype they've put on each individual content. Granted none of it was as "big" a disappointment as the War Within considering the delay and hype put into the cinematic campaign mission, can't really blame people for not holding their breath for the better spectrum of the outcome.

All I'm saying is, even with all the delay and good intentions, mishaps happen and you can't blame people for taking things with a grain of salt, ergo the "community attacking" DE. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, Tsardova said:

Can see where you're getting at but yeah...  kinda "redundant" to say community is attacking DE cause bugs are bound to happen especially considering the size and progress of this game after all this year and majority of the feedback be it negative or otherwise have been posted exceedingly well in terms of mannerism compared to other MMO's online community.

That being said, I understand that DE needs to revamp their game to keep it alive and hook people in but their latest track record has been rather underwhelming considering the hype they've put on each individual content. Granted none of it was as "big" a disappointment as the War Within considering the delay and hype put into the cinematic campaign mission, can't really blame people for not holding their breath for the better spectrum of the outcome.

All I'm saying is, even with all the delay and good intentions, mishaps happen and you can't blame people for taking things with a grain of salt, ergo the "community attacking" DE. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yeah I guess I did mistype, didn't mean the entirety of the community, that's my bad for not being more insightful. I know this community is amazing, mainly because it isn't a strict pvp game (most pvp games seem to have the most toxic players) but there is people that are obnoxiously loud at DE because there's bugs, when they don't understand DE can't see half the issues till it's out for the public.

And as with The War Within, I heard more hype coming from reddit and data miners than DE themselves, because people were finding scripts and text that were related to TWW. But that's a whole other level of mess that DE wants to make sure never happens again.

20 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

yeah I guess I did mistype, didn't mean the entirety of the community, that's my bad for not being more insightful. I know this community is amazing, mainly because it isn't a strict pvp game (most pvp games seem to have the most toxic players) but there is people that are obnoxiously loud at DE because there's bugs, when they don't understand DE can't see half the issues till it's out for the public.

And as with The War Within, I heard more hype coming from reddit and data miners than DE themselves, because people were finding scripts and text that were related to TWW. But that's a whole other level of mess that DE wants to make sure never happens again.

Yeah that's the bit that's gotten me wondering if some criticism about the hype on war within is entirely on the consumer end or DE for taking the bait and end up riding the hype train to pad out the delay. :/ Gotta play both parties I guess.

As to the more vocal criticisms, sadly they're the ones that get shafted by mods for toxic behavior. lol

Ah well, here's hoping the ips change isn't going in the pessimistic direction that some community is lookin at it as.

Just now, Tsardova said:

Yeah that's the bit that's gotten me wondering if some criticism about the hype on war within is entirely on the consumer end or DE for taking the bait and end up riding the hype train to pad out the delay. :/ Gotta play both parties I guess.

As to the more vocal criticisms, sadly they're the ones that get shafted by mods for toxic behavior. lol

Ah well, here's hoping the ips change isn't going in the pessimistic direction that some community is lookin at it as.

yeaaaaahhh. I know many are fearing the "nerfs" to slash, but I'm more so pumped that my impact and puncture weapons are gonna be even more useful!