The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the community going down?

(PSN)gta4biosmka

1 час назад, GnarlsDarkley сказал:

I was doing the radiation defense sortie a couple of days ago with 2 MR20+ and both didn't get why they constantly died. MR has NOTHING to do with knowledge or skill

Dont' fool yourself it does.

Someone with 50 hours and someone with 500 hours sunk into the pve game like this isn't equal in terms of knowledge. And since there's no skill involved in this game knowlegde the only thing that matters. That being said, you can just as easily find an absolute scrub that played those 500 hours. But you will much much likely find a new player that has no idea what he's doing than relatively old one. It's that just assuming that someone is "good" simply being mr x *(like 18-25) is wrong.

Цитата

" Noob " someone who plays the game but never really tries to learn it.

That's a scrub.

Noob is someone both new and having no idea what he's doing because he's new. People mix it up too often. At least if you want to insult someone get it straight :D

Edited by -Temp0-

It's still quite good compared to the rest. However I have found more toxic people than usual and 1 leecher. My guess is the influx of new people coming for PoE. Some of them are actually funny. 

Just let them off the hook while they learn, and ignore the leechers so they can't get into a mission together again.

Possible that the dude had a sour experience prior to that.

I've flipped out on people in Region over small stuff.

I've also gone out my way to help people.

Often, people play games in order to take a break from something else. If that something else stresses them out, then their ingame conduct may suffer.

3 hours ago, (PS4)gta4biosmka said:

I usually find good players but recently I'm finding the opposite.

Right now, I was doing a fisure defense, my conection failed and when re-joined I couldn't get 10 to get the reward (also lost AkStiletto barrel) and when we were back to the lobby a MR 8 called me noob.

He was MR 8, I'm MR 24 with 1933 hours, why are people this dumb ?

Just a spike of burnt out and bitter destiny players jumping off their sinking ship while keeping their habits.

Just ignore what they say. I pug all the time and sometimes come across this kind of behaviour, I just pay no mind to it.

3 hours ago, (PS4)gta4biosmka said:

noob means new to the game, so MR actaully defines who is new and who's not.(in my opinion)

No Newb means new to the game because it is short for Newbie.

Noob is someone who doesn't know how to play the game and is an insult that was derived from newb because you are being compared to a new player in terms of knowledge (basically none)

2 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

Someone with 50 hours and someone with 500 hours sunk into the pve game like this isn't equal in terms of knowledge. And since there's no skill involved in this game knowlegde the only thing that matters. That being said, you can just as easily find an absolute scrub that played those 500 hours. But you will much much likely find a new player that has no idea what he's doing than relatively old one. It's that just assuming that someone is "good" simply being mr x *(like 18-25) is wrong.

That's a scrub.

Noob is someone both new and having no idea what he's doing because he's new. People mix it up too often. At least if you want to insult someone get it straight :D

" Noob is someone both new and having no idea what he's doing because he's new. " Sorry, but you are wrong on that one. I've been gaming offline and online for 30 plus years, and it's always been " Newb " To describe someone who is new to the game and lacks knowledge of it. " Noob " To describe someone who can't be bothered to learn the game, or who will to coin a phrase " Stand in the fire " even when others tell them to gfto, and will constantly repeat the same mistakes.

Not trying to be a dic here, just saying.

8 минут назад, Tarkerus сказал:

" Noob is someone both new and having no idea what he's doing because he's new. " Sorry, but you are wrong on that one. I've been gaming offline and online for 30 plus years, and it's always been " Newb " To describe someone who is new to the game and lacks knowledge of it. " Noob " To describe someone who can't be bothered to learn the game, or who will to coin a phrase " Stand in the fire " even when others tell them to gfto, and will constantly repeat the same mistakes.

Not trying to be a dic here, just saying.

Yeah only the time changes along with words.

5 hours ago, EndermanBeast said:

Because look at it like this,

Plains come out, wow so special for new players!

New players tell friends, and they tell their friends, and so on.

More players equal more toxicity (like OW) and well, yeah. 

Still, the hardcore and original fanbase is still here and I can count only TWO players that ever tried to disrespect me in almost five years of playing Warframe, so... give it time! The community will keep growing, but it will keep being an amazing one.

Il y a 8 heures, (PS4)gta4biosmka a dit :

I usually find good players but recently I'm finding the opposite.

Right now, I was doing a fisure defense, my conection failed and when re-joined I couldn't get 10 to get the reward (also lost AkStiletto barrel) and when we were back to the lobby a MR 8 called me noob.

He was MR 8, I'm MR 24 with 1933 hours, why are people this dumb ?

Just because you leveled more weapons doesnt mean that you know more about the game, or that you are better at it.

Maybe he is not the dumb one.

First stop judging peoples knowledge and experience on the game basing yourself solely on number of leveled weapons; then call others bad players.

Because you know, to complain about bad players you need to not be one.

Il y a 7 heures, -Temp0- a dit :

That's a scrub.

Mr has nothing to do with hours played, just with weapons leveled, i would probably be much higher mr if i did not spend the first 2 years playing the game with the same primary weps and the same frames, because i liked them a lot.

Yeah I feel like I whant to jump into this discussion.

I'm a new player (about to start Harrow quest so you have a reference). Of what I have seen of this community, it is awesome! Helpfull and respectfull in most cases. With that said, yes, there can be some rotten eggs. But that is just human nature, not everyone will be friendly.

Now, why I really whant to jump in was to point to what I see way too often: the idea that new players are the rotten eggs. Too often I see new players being ridiculed in chat. Some examples...

I jumped in, said the usuall "Hello you beautiful ba#&$ds! ;)" only to be met by a rant from some veteran player about new players ruining the game, that it would be better if PoE hadn't come out. I shrugged, did a mission and came back. The guy was still on his rant and some others joined him! (though to be fare, others argued against him).

The next day a new player joined and presented himself and was very respectfull, problem was that he misspelled a word (it was just something random, not funny in it self). And the veterans I often see in the chat made fun of him for quite some time, talking about him in third person. Didn't see him write anything again.

And the last thing I whant to say: I may be a new player, but I have 25 years of experience in gaming. Sometimes I see disscusions about what people would like to se in the game or something like that and I pitch in, only to be ignored over and over again.

Now like I said: the community is mostly awesome and often I feel very at home. But sometimes the "not welcome" sign is right there in my face and the point come accross very clear. So please, before you bring up the "new player problem", look at the old players first. You are the guides and set the tone for the community.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Warframe used to require planning. Some frames had better survivability against certain factions, some guns were better oriented for defense missions. You would take a rapid fire gun if you would stick on a T4 defense up to lvl 20, but you had to choose something slower that carried a harder punch if you planned to go beyond 20.

Devs started adding cheesing mechanics, criticals everywhere, more ways to shake off damage. At the current state, no care is needed anymore. The only momment when you consider your choices resumes to getting a higher damage % at the end mission than the other guy, and that happens on every match.

The game went from: "You NEEDED a carefuly planned squad to go through the hardest missions" to "Squads are an annoyance, I rather play alone if I intend to have any fun at all" (unless of course, that your concept of fun stands for humiliating other player's damage output)
You really only need people to increase the mob spawn, drops and focus affinity.

And you still get to cheese around the hardest content the game has to offer. That inevitably hits the way people threat each other. Squad mates went from 'needed' to 'an annoyance'. SO yeah, it droped a lot.

Edited by Duduminador