Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips for Raptor Assassination (Naamah, Europa)?

(PSN)Parrydigm

Question

This guy is kind of annoying and hard for me :)

I've tried going in with Frost Prime (tyvm Twitch, snow globe FTW), Soma Prime, and a Vapor Specter made of ... me.

I can get him down no problem (first phase he doesn't seem to drop an explosive which is annoying...) and even get the second phase down without too much stress, and then? Out of ammo. And being chased around by 7,000 annoying robots that wipe shields while you're trying to farm the Corpus for whatever they're carrying.

It feels like it's not meant to be done solo with the ammo you've got, but having said that my mods are a bit scrub (still new to this game). My Mastery is 5, and I've got Serration up to +75% damage, and my 'Frame is packing health, shields, armor, and shield regen mods (but none of them maxed, mostly middle-tier).

Would appreciate some tips. Optimal weapons? Optimal mods for them? Bearing in mind my low Mastery level and minimal mods.

All I really want this for is so I can unlock Saturn, to thus farm for nano spores, to thus get my kubrow, which has been an active quest for about a year :D

13 answers to this question

If your only problem is ammo bring secondary along and melee and kill surrounding ais with the melee to (hopefully) get the ammo for soma. 

Also ammo mutation for sentinels and primary exists.

Any content outside of raids can be done solo especially such trivial things as starchat bosses the only question if you have the gear and knowledge or not. 

Edited by -Temp0-

Just now, (PS4)jFresh215 said:

Mag makes that mission so easy, being able to just put a bullet attracter  in the raptor takes away most of it's difficulty 

I don't have a Mag :( That sounds like a neat trick tho :) Checking the Wiki, she seems easy enough to farm? Just The Sergeant, run many times, if I'm reading it right.

4 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

If your only problem is ammo bring secondary along and melee and kill surrounding ais with the melee to (hopefully) get the ammo for soma. 

Allso ammo mutation for sentinels and primary exists.

Hm. Okay I don't think I've found that ammo mutation mod yet. I am trying the melee with the surrounding mobs, but in phase 2 the little bots that eat shields make this difficult. I tend to burn through my secondary weapon ammo too. I wonder if I should switch weapons to maybe a sniper rifle? Thoughts?

1 minute ago, (PS4)TactualRain said:

I don't have a Mag :( That sounds like a neat trick tho :) Checking the Wiki, she seems easy enough to farm? Just The Sergeant, run many times, if I'm reading it right.

Yea one of the easier farms. She can be squishy at times so just stay mobile but Mag is the most underappreciated frames in game.

Только что, (PS4)TactualRain сказал:

Hm. Okay I don't think I've found that ammo mutation mod yet. I am trying the melee with the surrounding mobs, but in phase 2 the little bots that eat shields make this difficult. I tend to burn through my secondary weapon ammo too. I wonder if I should switch weapons to maybe a sniper rifle? Thoughts?

If you have a sniper and you can mod it for radiation+crits for example then yes probably.

It all boils down how well stuffed the weapon is. Like it sould be quite obvious that fewer mods and lower ranked ones you have the more difficult using any weapon's will be, especially if you don't have a frame that can buff itself (like rhino) or use an kind of powers on a boss (slow nova for example). 

Thanks to all for the tips. This is super-useful. I think what I will try next is remodding the weapon (making sure it's got some e.g. rad) and perhaps trying a different weapon (sniper for king kits). I'm really enjoying the experimentation side of this game, it's a lot of fun to see just how different it plays with a couple different options.

Once I get it down, then I can start farming Nova etc. Thanks again for the tips :)

Hi, i play on PC and a couple of days i was in the same boat as you are right now, Frost Prime with Soma Prime and struggled hard the first few tries. What then worked fine for me was this strategy, thanks to YT suggestions.

Firstly mod your Soma to deal Radiation and Cold damage, this rips the Raptors to bits. When you are in the hallway to the boss room make sure to clean out all enemies behind you. Then step through the door onto the platform to trigger the bossfight. When Raptor comes toward you go back into the hallway and let the raptor come to you, you see at the red indicator how far he is away. If he is close, go through the door again and pop immediately your ice bubble, then burst the raptor down. Pick up the bomb and quickly sprint to the first tube, press F to drop it in and head immediately back to the hallway. Wait there for the second raptor, do the same thing. For the last raptor, after you dropped the bomb into the second tube, rush toward the last tube and stay close to it, pop your ice bubble and burst the raptor down. If he shoots laser at you, simple dodge them. The main trick that did it for me was really radiation + cold damage.

Other than that is this boss farmed a lot for Nova parts, so it should be fairly easy to find a group and wipe together. ;)

12 hours ago, Agnaaiu said:

The main trick that did it for me was really radiation + cold damage.

My problem so far is a lack of heat mods for weapons. I've yet to have one drop, which is bizarre but making radiation damage hard :) I spent some time with a group last night and we didn't manage to do it - but close. We were killed by the final boss of the internet: lag, which made us migrate hosts, drop a player, and the fight reset the boss when we were low on ammo.

I feel close! Just not quite there yet :)

12 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Trying to get through everything solo??  Do you not how to flip ur game to public so you can roll with other people??

No, I play public by default, I like the PUGs. There aren't too many people on this node for me though, I'm in Oceania and possibly everyone else is enjoying time with family over the break, the fools :)

Use Oberon.

High strength build. Cast Smite a few Times.

The high strength makes Lots of orbs swarm that First kill anything in range due to his high health and Then kill him in Seconds once they Run Out of Targets. Trier Lots of strategys including mag and what Not but Oberon is the best by a margin.