Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the Tiberon really weak?

Cicasajt

Yes, it has a lot of base damage but without crit or status it drops off really fast at later levels, especially against armored enemies.

As for that video, its hard to recreate exactly what is going on without knowing what the build is but i assume they have a +crit damage riven, because the jump from 275 damage to a 17k+ crit seems implausible otherwise. Even then, the Tiberon has such a low crit chance that building specifically for crit damage would be detrimental. 

Edited by alexmach1

The Tiberon I feel exists as a strong midgame 'transition' weapon, for when you're getting your Serration and Barrel Diffusion built up to having a solid core, but don't have the Ravage/Point Strike and extra potates and formas sitting around to maximize weapons for the 'optimal' builds of some of the more 'meta' ones.

It's not 'really' weak, per say, just, limited potential. Though the high 'base' stats with little 'nuance' makes it a -fantastic- specter weapon.

2 hours ago, alexmach1 said:

As for that video, its hard to recreate exactly what is going on without knowing what the build is but i assume they have a +crit damage riven,....

I have a dmg, ms riven with negative crit dmg. The build is raw damage, no crit

I love tiberon too. But that five percent in both status and critical is too low. The accuracy and low recoil on it are great on it. Making head shots a bit easier for extra damage potential. Instead of buffing it, because I think it's a great beginner gun, I would love a buffed version through a syndicate or something.

Otherwise though, using any of the three versions of Sybaris well net you much better damage potential. 

6 hours ago, Cicasajt said:

I have a dmg, ms riven with negative crit dmg. The build is raw damage, no crit

Negative crit damage? Are you saying that enough negative crit damage actually has the result of making weapons do massively INCREASED critical damage? Because that video seems to be showcasing like a 10.7x critical multiplier

2 hours ago, OvisCaedo said:

Negative crit damage? Are you saying that enough negative crit damage actually has the result of making weapons do massively INCREASED critical damage? Because that video seems to be showcasing like a 10.7x critical multiplier

yep, its a bug. in your own simulacrum you deal 0 dmg with crits but outside that you deal real dmg with unknown crit damage

this is the build i have in the video

perhaps its a 9times crit damage?

dvwLCOJ.png

Edited by Cicasajt

Having the highest raw damage of the burst fire category is all well and good for mid-level content, but without supplemental stats like status chance or crit chance, it's just not going anywhere beyond that.

Personally, I'd like to see its Prime version's crit and status chance increased to ~15% base, so that when it's modded hybrid, roughly one out of every 3 bullets will crit or proc. Maybe even do the Latron Prime thing where it has a batsh!t insane critical multiplier as well, but maybe not.

Tiberon Prime waiting crew, come join me, good sir. As of right now, I have a Tiberon Riven, it adds 250% raw damage, 124% toxin and 63% more to grineer, so I made a Bane damage build specifically for the Grineer, works pretty decent on high levels too, but the stats of the Tiberon do really hold it back.

aside from Bugs - Tiberon would perform well inside its theme with 15% Crit Chance but a 1.0-1.25x Multiplier, essentially just benefiting Headshots. or a double Headshot Multiplier i guess, but all Burst Weapons deserve to have some Crit Chance with a low Multiplier capability at the very least because that encourages and rewards Precision.

the theme of it is to not focus on Crits or Status, and a Weapon can totally do that so there isn't reason to throw that out the window and make it the same as everything else.
it's funny that people always complain that nerfing anything is homogenizing but yet when people say 'buff this', they're homogenizing everything just the same. just maybe up/down isn't the problem, but not trying to think creatively.