Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE pls sort index

Dear DE Please will you sort the index out.  It is ridiculous to wait after you have won and i know of no other game at present that does this.  Once we win that should be it.  Even allowing for suicide it still takes ages and it is unnecessary, please sort this as all it does is create frustration and grief against players

37 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

I'm not an index-er. some context would be nice? 

The Index is on Neptune.

It is a credits farm with a wager system.

Players wager credits on the mission and get back more credits if they win.

This is based on same feature as per the Glast Gambit quest.

Players need to get certain points (50 for mid risk, 100 for high risk) in the match and also beat the AI team, within the time limit.

Points drop from kills and usually it is just 1 point per kill. However, any points the killed person was carrying also drops along with the 1 point.

The more points a person hold without banking, the less health they have but at certain marks, extra points are awarded for holding that much and taking the risk.

The time goes up for every point the players bank while it goes down for every point the AI banks.

However, when the target number of points is reached, the mission does not end automatically and instead the players must wait out the time which depending on the points banked, it can be a very long time usually 3min to 5min or longer.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

No.  it shouldn't Auto end when you get your points because it is an endurance node which some people use for farming index mods and facing John prodman. 

What should be added is a secondary node that does end after you collect your points. Credit farmers can be happy without removing options for the other kinds of players. 

46 minutes ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

The Index is on Neptune.

It is a credits farm with a wager system.

Players wager credits on the mission and get back more credits if they win.

This is based on same feature as per the Glast Gambit quest.

Players need to get certain points (50 for mid risk, 100 for high risk) in the match and also beat the AI team, within the time limit.

Points drop from kills and usually it is just 1 point per kill. However, any points the killed person was carrying also drops along with the 1 point.

The more points a person hold without banking, the less health they have but at certain marks, extra points are awarded for holding that much and taking the risk.

The time goes up for every point the players bank while it goes down for every point the AI banks.

However, when the target number of points is reached, the mission does not end automatically and instead the players must wait out the time which depending on the points banked, it can be a very long time usually 3min to 5min or longer.

oh that crap. that happened to me once. we and my team had to wait like 10min to finish one index run. that's pretty damn annoying tbh 

They won't make it easier or faster because it's supposed to be a mildly inconvenient and unpleasant experience. How else will they sell credit boosters? :crylaugh:

Uh, I mean, it provides an important platinum sink to the economy. Yep.

Edited by CapnToaster

Are you letting the enemies kill you and cash in your chump change points? That lowers the time, everytime the corpus score the time goes down, keep them from beating your score before the time runs out and you can get through the time limit pretty quickly, still though, I  agree with the idea behind this thread, maybe putting a cap on the extra possible waiting time.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Drasiel:

No.  it shouldn't Auto end when you get your points because it is an endurance node which some people use for farming index mods and facing John prodman. 

What should be added is a secondary node that does end after you collect your points. Credit farmers can be happy without removing options for the other kinds of players. 

If it has a timer it is not really endurance, nevertheless I agree that ther should be 2 nodes and I allways thought there are.

3 hours ago, Kuestenjung said:

If it has a timer it is not really endurance, nevertheless I agree that ther should be 2 nodes and I allways thought there are.

The timer is to force you to actually fight the enemies instead of just invisicheesing to the hour mark to get prodman. The timers remaining time is Dictated by how much you have scored while player deaths and enemies scoring reduces it. The timer is kind of an integral aspect of this specific endurance.