Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to be more powerful to kill Eidolon?

(PSN)slayerserenity

Question

13 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, (PS4)slayerserenity said:

I don’t know what to do cause nobody plays in hunting Eidolon.

i want to know which amp is powerful to take down Eidolon?

i would use myself the t2 or t3 prism the t3 scallfold (just to kill the vomvalysts) and t2(for faster reload)or t3 (for more dmg)brace

anything modded with Radiation Damage can be good. bonus points if it has Crits. so basically anything that has good Crit Stats and you put Radiation on it.

apply some other Damage Multipliers outside of that - whatever sort of self/team buffs you like. there's far more ways to skin the cat than just Vex Armor.

as for Amps the Shotgun Prism is the easiest and most reliable thing to use - it is at minimum as good as the Charge Beam Scaffold, but will generally end up better because it can do more Mult-Hits and shoots much faster.
what Scaffold or Brace you use can be complete preference. 

that being said, the Mote Amp (default one) is sufficient for breaking the Teralyst Shield however it's much slower than some of the other options due to some having Multi-Hits and others having Crits/secondary Damage.

To take down the shield :
Tier 2 Amp is recommended, shoot your primary fire from below his feet to his face to deal multiple instance of damage over his limbs.
You can use Naramon's Void stalker or Unairu's wisp to further increase your damage :

-Void stalker increases the Base crit chance of your amp by up to 50% for a small amount of time. ( Even though it shouldn't )
-Unairu's wisp can increase yours and your teammates' total damage by 100% for a relatively fair amount of time.

Volt's shield increases your crit damage by 2x if you shoot your amp through it, this should decrease the time it takes for Shield take-down by quite a lot if used in a team of Tier 2 or 3 amp.
Stacking volt's shield does not multiply the crit damage, don't waste energy on that.
Anymore than that will actually make the Eidolon stronger because of the elemental weakness disappearing upon complete armor removal. 
Needless to say, don't bring 4 corrosive projection, you'll hate yourself for it

Focus on High Raw damage/High crit chance weapon as those will be the least affected by the damage reduction.
Insert the mod combination for Radiation in, this'll increase your damage by 75% against an armored eidolon.
Opticor or any Sniper should do it. Bonus point if you have a riven for them.

That said, the job of destroying a limb more than often goes to Chroma as his damage can be stacked up quite highly and allow for One Hit Kills ( For the limb, that is )
If you are playing Chroma, here's what you need to know :
-Enough Strength to reach 300-500% damage conversion is needed ( The buff icon ) You can do with 200% or less, but it'll take you way more shots to go through it.
-Radiation weapon is mandatory
-Self damage weapon is mandatory, since you'll need to hurt yourself to get the Damage buff. ( Unless you want to waste your time getting stomped with little to no benefits )
-Energy pads or Zenurik Energizing Dash, if you want to be effective and quick. Don't count on Trinity for energy, she won't have anything to Ev in time.

-Get 1 Eidolon Lure, fill it with 3 Vombalyst energy core ( Attained from straight up killing them or just hurting their physical phase and running through them with the Lure )
-You are now ready to steadily break limbs, having a charged lure prevent the Eidolon from running away.
-Keep the lure(s) at full health or adapt to the situation.
-After breaking 3 limbs, bring another Lure ( Or have one ready close by ), the fourth limb will cause Void Phase's Vombalyst to run towards the eidolon which "automatically" charges the 2nd Lure you need to Capture the eidolon. ( But just to be sure, do shot 3 Void Phase Vombalyst and take their core so you don't screw up )
-Have Chroma One shot the head of the Eidolon whilst the Lures are fully charged ( Can be seen by 4 energy lines tethered to the eidolon invisible limbs )
-Profit ( Get your 6-7 exceptional core and the two Eidolon Shard and head back to Cetus )
Side note : Itzal's Cosmic crush works wonder to pick up that loot fast.

Thing to keep in mind :
It's not super necessary to have a tier 2 amp to kill or capture an eidolon, it's just slightly more efficient.

Lures always spawn in Grineer bases once the night falls, they are often accompanied with resistance and a few Vombalyst chilling around.

After breaking a limb, the eidolon unleashes an AoE with a range of 70 meters away from its body.
The AoE will magnetize and take away your energy if you are not using counter-mesures whilst being in the zone.
I suggest bringing a frame that can neutralize status effect for the whole team ( Harrow or Oberon are the first one that come to mind)
If not, run 70 meters away from there if you want to keep your energy.

I probably should've kept that reply simple, prooobably~.

I do take out blue shield and focus on shooting one leg until breaks then move on. But I try so many weapons but don’t known which mods will increase damage. 

I am working on adding more Null on amp to increase damage but I notice when blue shield is down tenno void blast don’t do any damage cause I see only zeros all the time.

11 hours ago, (PS4)slayerserenity said:

I do take out blue shield and focus on shooting one leg until breaks then move on. But I try so many weapons but don’t known which mods will increase damage. 

I am working on adding more Null on amp to increase damage but I notice when blue shield is down tenno void blast don’t do any damage cause I see only zeros all the time.

Use radiation damage with high crit against the limbs of the teralyst, like snipers, Opticor, Arca Plasmor, etc.

11 hours ago, (PS4)slayerserenity said:

if you are not using a self buffing frame for damage, it does not matter what weapon you try to use, you will not do enough damage to shorten the fight.

what frames are you trying this on and what kind of builds are you using

even though people have used non-self buffing frames to solo them, they usually have some op riven on their weapons of choice and of course the weapon build is setup for just dealing with this fight.

the longest parts of the fight... taking down shields which is sometimes beaten out by the eidolans ability to be the champ at playin hide n seek (for fights when not using lures... really how TF does something that big hide on the plains sometimes).

bringing a frame/weapon setup for the sloe purpose of taking out his joints is what makes/breaks the fight. any amp will take out his shield, amp type and your aim determine how fast that happens

with you saying you dont know which mods increase damage, screams newer player trying to rush through everything.  time to slow down a little and watch any number of youtube videos or read the wiki on mods and builds. and start putting forma into your weapons and frames and maxing out the mods you do have until you get the ones you need for whatever build you want to use. 

until then this fight will be long for you,

You can melee it 49 times with the Shattering Impact mod to lower its base armor to only six while retaining alloy armor's weakness to radiation. This is super useful if you're soloing or your squad has low dps.