Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This is really triggering me...

(XBOX)MerlyBR

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

I've thrown ~$700 at them over 4 years.  Is that enough?

Indeed, that is more than enough support from a single person. :heart: There are many players who opt to pay nothing at all - which is perfectly fine, it's part of the model - but I think it's worth pointing out that DE needs to pay rent and if nobody pays for it the game will disappear. If you love the game you're gonna want to support it. I am as embarrassed as I am proud to say that over four years I have spent more than twice what you have, and then some. 

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

Prime Access and Prime Access Accessories 

I was rather lowkey during most Prime Acces processes, so I can't say. Do mind that i was a lot more active during the pre u19 version of the game, in which primes were harder to acquire and people like me were generally not interested in the program.

8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

That's great..but I think I will keep what I've invested private 😬 let's just say way too much. Lol :highfive: 

#iregretnothing

I have no regrets either, but I'm eh about keeping the amount private.  It was my money lol I put in the overtime to earn it, not really anyone elses business how it gets spent. xD

5 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

I was rather lowkey during most Prime Acces processes, so I can't say. Do mind that i was a lot more active during the pre u19 version of the game, in which primes were harder to acquire and people like me were generally not interested in the program.

Nova came with Pyra Syadana and a Prime Sigil

Volt Edo Armor and sugatra 

Nyx Tagris Armor and sugatra

The sugatras were just ok. I liked Volts. But eh. Volts sugatra reminds me of a small version of harrows thurble. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

Nova came with Pyra Syadana and a Prime Sigil

Volt Edo Armor and sugatra 

Nyx Tagris Armor and sugatra

The sugatras were just ok. I liked Volts. But eh. 

Strange. I am pretty sure those were shuffled in the prime unvalts. Pyra was with Frost and Ember last year for sure.

This is a totally option, none essential, part of the game. This is literally pure vanity. So I have no problem with them charging plat for it. In fact I expect it.

In terms of options and opportunities to find alternate methods of item acquisition, I rather they work on that as an alternative to loot RNG than in cosmetics.

And I echo many sentiments that trade chat is a mess and is literally the most broken part of the game, both as a system and as a social tool.

While I would think just putting a basic mmo style auction house would be a decent first step in addressing the issue I also fear it's potential for abuse and to create toxicity in the playerbase. Which is why I think they don't just add an auction house and be done with it.

But alot of the issues with plat earning can be resolved while essentially keeping the p2p bartering style DE wants to emphasize.  Just adapt the current NPC storefront and allow players to post items for sale, but more importantly, allow people to search all listings outside of real time chat. The market UI essentially has all this built in, all that is needed is creating a framework where a player can put an item in inventory up for sale, put a listing description, and even specify whether they want plat or pure barter trade. They could restrict this function to Maroo's Bazaar, or even better on Cetus and inside Dojo's so clan members can easily trade among each other. Hell you could even make the requirement that a player has to be active to post listings to avoid afk farming or alt character shenanigans.

Edited by (PS4)HurricaneHugo76
proofreading

2 minutes ago, (PS4)HurricaneHugo76 said:

But alot of the issues with plat earning can be resolved while essentially keeping the p2p bartering style DE wan't to emphasize.  Just adapt the current NPC storefront and allow players to post items for sale, but more importantly, allow people to search all listings outside of real time chat. The market UI essentially has all this built in, all that is needed is creating a framework where a player can put an item in inventory up for sale, put a listing description, and even specify whether they want plat or pure barter trade. They could restrict this function to Maroo's Bazaar, or even better on Cetus and inside Dojo's so clan members can easily trade among each other. Hell you could even make the requirement that a player has to be active to post listing up to avoid afk farming or alt character shenanigans.

I like this idea A LOT!!!

3 hours ago, Archeyef said:

What's different between buying those and buying decorations for the rest of the orbiter? Or any other purely fashion item? That has always been the case.

Because usually you would have some basic stuff for free and then be able to expand with platinum if you feel so inclined to do it, what if we had some basic stuff unlocked with Cephalon Fragments for example?

I still don't see the anger, I have a bunch of atayan statues, the inaros pot, 2 excal noggles and a couple of syndicate statues. I ended up buying one Alloy barrell only because my biggest gripe about decorating isn't the new room's cost, but that there aren't any real mounting points anywhere in the ship in general. Most of that stuff i got for free or while playing.

Which I see why they made a pedestal prime. I took me a hell of time placing one of my atayan statues on the alloy barrell as it didn't have a flat surface. But 1 mil for just a basic pedestal was too much credits for such a basic cosmetic item. I'd rather they allowed it to be bought for 20 plat.  Or put a ducat cost on it and actually made it more appealing, like displaying a prime weapon or any of your warframe sigils/badges.

But honestly in trying to decorate the ship in general I just noticed just how inefficient a space it is to place things in. There are hardly any flat spaces within eye level to mount anything which results in me just trying to place thing in corners or on edges. For some reason just lining it up on the floor looks bad to me.

Edited by (PS4)HurricaneHugo76

3 hours ago, Oreades said:

So far the only thing that is triggering me about the quarters is the fact that I really want to buy a pet bed and pet toys but at the same time I don't want to because of the whole DNA degradation issue. Yes I have the upgraded module, I built that before I ever bothered with companions because I wasn't about to log in to "your pet is arbitrarily dead". 

Even with the upgrade module I prefer keeping my pets in cold storage as micromanaging their DNA stability is just a chore and adds nothing to the game. You literally spend a nominal amount of credits and press a button every like three days.... Wooo~ 

That said even tho my companion can't "die" as my 5 forma Kavat will just get chucked into cold storage automatically..... it is still a mechanic that gives me pause and makes it so I don't want to let her roam around the orbiter freely. Consequently also the reason that I use Sentinels most of the time even tho I would prefer my Kavat. As I would have to take her out of storage pay the pittance (10k credits lel) to speed up recovery, go on some missions and then put her back into storage before I log out. In case I don't log in for a couple days/week. IMHO that is more of an issue than the lack of Vacuum on Companions.

Aaaanyhow, yeah so pet beds trigger me :P 

I mean you could just do what I did

grind index for an hour. Literally one hour

get's you about 1 million credits

sink 1 million credits into DNA stabilizers. you get like 70 of them.

congratulations, you now have enough DNA stabilizers to last you a year. You heard me right, a year.

And if you do intend to ignore them for a few weeks that incubator upgrade is free from the dojo.

Also how many times do you even change sentinels? I think at most I switch out to helios when something new to be scanned shows up but before that I typically just rocked the same one (carrier).

2 hours ago, (PS4)HurricaneHugo76 said:

But alot of the issues with plat earning can be resolved while essentially keeping the p2p bartering style DE wants to emphasize.  Just adapt the current NPC storefront and allow players to post items for sale, but more importantly, allow people to search all listings outside of real time chat. The market UI essentially has all this built in, all that is needed is creating a framework where a player can put an item in inventory up for sale, put a listing description, and even specify whether they want plat or pure barter trade. They could restrict this function to Maroo's Bazaar, or even better on Cetus and inside Dojo's so clan members can easily trade among each other. Hell you could even make the requirement that a player has to be active to post listings to avoid afk farming or alt character shenanigans.

Seconded, in MMOs you can even leave your character (usually merchant class) to just set up shop while you are offline, but of course, this would mess up with the limited trade system... actually, why do we have limited trades?

12 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Seconded, in MMOs you can even leave your character (usually merchant class) to just set up shop while you are offline, but of course, this would mess up with the limited trade system... actually, why do we have limited trades?

IMO it's a combination of lack of development mixed with fear of plat farming or exploiting trade for profit. Not like that doesn't happen right now as prices are really just a matter of opinion versus any real metric or measurable standard.

But it's probably due to the fact that this game wasn't really conceived in MMO terms, so the idea of a player economy was just not in the view of the Devs.

Personally I'd love to see some Syndicate Vignettes for our personal quarters.
Syndicates are nice addition to the game, but also being neglected for quite some time. Once we bought the weapons and mods we need (or for collecting purposes), standing is used mostly for relics roulette.

This is a free game, the only way DE is making money is through fashion (skins, nogles, etc.), yes it costs some platinum but if you want to support DE and want to show that off to other people you can now do it by inviting people in your orbitor. At least the cosmetics don't come in random lootboxes XD

35 minutes ago, mwolfamirgaulm said:

This is a free game, the only way DE is making money is through fashion (skins, nogles, etc.), yes it costs some platinum but if you want to support DE and want to show that off to other people you can now do it by inviting people in your orbitor. At least the cosmetics don't come in random lootboxes XD

Exactly, the cosmetic and their prices are hardly a thing to complain about in this game.