Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crit Corinth build

Linerax

Question

11 answers to this question

Hell's Chamber is a mandatory Mod on Shotguns. yes you should swap Critical Deceleration for Hell's Chamber, yesterday.

since you're aiming to make a dedicated Hunter Munitions Loadout (two Elemental Mods are not present) - Laser Sight would perform better than Blaze. 

38 minutes ago, Lluminate said:

Because Corinth has no other way to deal with armor. It's a slow-firing, semi automatic shotgun that does not reach anywhere near 100% status chance. If you plan on taking this gun anywhere near level 60+ grineer, you'll kill em faster with Hunter Munitions than anything else.

I can say that's false. This is my build, 1-shot heavies at lv  60. 2-shots at lv 100. Planning to forma once more to replace Chilling reload with hunter munitions, but as it turns out it's not needed.

VCauaQO.jpg

1 thing you need to remember about hunter munitions is that, even at 100% crit chance you only have at most 30% chance to procs. At 57% crit chance you basically only have 19% chance for Hunter Munitions to procs. That's far from reliable, especially on slow firing shotgun. 

1 hour ago, Lluminate said:

does not reach anywhere near 100% status chance [...] level 60+ grineer

The Airburst has a solid enough status chance I find,
a Viral + Heat status / crit hybrid build to make both firing modes work in tandem
has worked just fine for me so far in dispatching decently-leveled Grineer, and everything else :D

9 hours ago, Rekkou said:

I can say that's false. This is my build, 1-shot heavies at lv  60. 2-shots at lv 100. Planning to forma once more to replace Chilling reload with hunter munitions, but as it turns out it's not needed.

VCauaQO.jpg

1 thing you need to remember about hunter munitions is that, even at 100% crit chance you only have at most 30% chance to procs. At 57% crit chance you basically only have 19% chance for Hunter Munitions to procs. That's far from reliable, especially on slow firing shotgun. 

I have copied your build and (used corrosive + blaze) dual stat mods instead of 90 ones. It has 49 status chance that way and will proc here and there corrosive, with 2x 90 it has 24 status chance and almost never proc..   

WIth both Corrosive projection and active arcane Avanger, i cannot 2 shot lvl 100 heavy gunner, grineer unit, let alone corrupted which are a lot more tanky. 3 shots was closest to that so far.

You are either testing stuff wrong or you aren't talking truth. Nah, it works, I take it back, didn't notice it was lvl 140. Me being stupid.

30% crit on shotguns is very viable, so if you can buff the cc to 100%, those 30% to proc critical slash procs will be more then enough with all them pellets.

Edited by .Re-light.
Spelling..

OP, try this, it will 3 to 4 shot lvl 140 Heavy corrupted. It does have a bit of w8 time for bleed procs but it's a lot faster then without Hunter Munitions and regular crit/status build.

I am missing just one mod (Shrapnel shot) however, even without any elements it is that good. Btw, you can also make Baza into full crit build and put Viral on Artax, make it perform better then with regular build.

1gszgz.jpg

Baza build for reference.

18c9pw.jpg

The fact that you can go full crit on some weapons and don't care for status or right elements and still have such a strong build, makes the Hunters Munitions mod a bit OP. However, on the other side it has made me use some weapons that I would never use again.. I hope DMG 2.5 don't brake it completely.

On a dedicated Crit build, Laser Sight for sure. Landing a headshot bumps your Crit chance up to 93%. I've also been using Shrapnel Shot (+Crit Damage on kill) and it's been really satisfying. On a kill, your Crit multiplier goes up to 8.7x with Primed Ravage, or 7.3x with a standard Ravage. This means you probably won't be able to chuck in as many elementals, but a physical damage bruiser is still really viable when it hits hard with its crits.