The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

"Ability in Use" Bug: Disables All Abilities, Transference, and More

Raspberry

• 4 weeks later...

This is happening 3-4 times a day with me. Mostly in eos, cause I swap in and out of spoiler mode right before the portal. Had it happen with Artemis Bow today. This is such an annoyance, when farming affinity and having to die and ressurect yourself.

Fall off map does not work, neither unstuck.

Reviving by squad or sentinel keeps the glitch active.

SO/ESO host migrations are STILL not fixed, entering portal often results in 'powers disabled' bug.

It's been too long, these returning and ongoing bugs can make even most dedicated players quit supporting the game...

I get this constantly in Plains either when dying in operator mode or when revived by a teammate. 

During two Eidolon runs I got the bug at least 3-4 times and the last one proved to be fatal for me. Messed up the whole fight since I was the only Trinity. 

This has been happening to me a lot, mainly while using ivara. Something using a combinatino of being in prow+artemis bow for a long period of time seems and then switching back to anything else just sticks u in ability in use. falling into a bit gives you abilities back but then it's like energy/ammo eventually are picked but you get repeated lagged sound effect, even on a map you aren't having lag on

I've ran into this about 4 times today. I was out on the plain collecting wisps, mining, and fishing and I'd get attacked by something and all of a sudden all abilities and operator were disabled.

add: I was using limbo

Edited by VonDarmazaf

On 2018-06-25 at 6:03 PM, mrcraiz said:

This has been happening to me a lot, mainly while using ivara. Something using a combinatino of being in prow+artemis bow for a long period of time seems and then switching back to anything else just sticks u in ability in use. falling into a bit gives you abilities back but then it's like energy/ammo eventually are picked but you get repeated lagged sound effect, even on a map you aren't having lag on

I found that when playing Ivara and your ammo and energy is just being vacuumed to you but not collected, that's your problem, right? Not sure if you've already figured it out by now but whenever you enter prowl, only then, will all the energy and ammo floating around your body will be collected and then you can just simply exit prowl. While I don't quite like the bug I've found some usefulness out of it when I don't want to waste energy on 1 missing energy so I just let it hug my body until I feel I need more and enter/exit prowl.

Edit: Also I just got this ability disabled bugged while playing Ivara multiple times. It always seems to happen if I'm using Artemis bow for awhile then I put it away and go into operator mode then dash for the Zenurik energy bubble and then enter/exit prowl real fast and the activate Artemis bow again. At that point Ivara will just grasp the air and then switch back to primary and become sand bagged by the video game for using to many abilities apparently.

Edited by Kmoxy

I think i have something similar(see my post) but even if i exit the game or restart my pc it just does't seem to work!

I'll try the /unstuck command, but this suddenly became a  major problem so please DE do something about it!

I've been having this problem about 80% of the time now over the last 4 days on xbox.  All the controls basically behave like RB is being held and I've tried 3 different controllers now so I know it isn't hardware.  Just making is really frustrating to play the game as I can't seem to do anything apart from spam abilities when the bug hits.

On 2018-06-25 at 6:03 PM, mrcraiz said:

Just did a Defense alert against Grineer in a cave tileset and this happened to me.  I died, a teammate revived me and I could use my melee attacks again, but the second I entered Prowl and tried to use my Artemis Bow again, my abilities locked and I was stuck using my pistol until I died, again.

I don't no if it matters or not, but both times it happened I was sitting on one of my zipline arrows.  Once the bug started, the ammo pickups behind me were stuck floating over my head and I kept hearing a repeating pickup/reload sound over & over & over.

• 2 weeks later...

Literally just happened to me when i was trying to go in and out of Operator to use energizer dash, but the Operator took waaaaaay too long, and wonked out to the point where i was jumping in Default T-pose with my warframe, with the camera locked. After spamming 5, and pressing Esc, it pushed me back into my warframe and Presto Bingo, Ability in Use Glitch. Ive logged many hours into this game, and i can personally say it has happened a numerous amount of times, and I cant tell you how many times i get triggered when i say in chat, "Ability in use glitch, don't res me pls", only to have Asshats good intention players res me when i don't want a res.

Side Note; "invisible" Operator mode is still alive and well, as there is sometimes a long delay after pressing 5. which, in turn, also contributes to the Ability in Use Bug.

I get these bugs often in content where I am using my operator more frequently, like ESO or Eidolon fights.

Only way to fix it is to die and lose affinity: so annoying. :(

Edited by iuki.