Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Ability in Use" Bug: Disables All Abilities, Transference, and More

Raspberry

It's happened to me no less than 5 times over the past 2 weeks, and it's seriously gamebreaking. The only known cause to this that I can give details on is, it involves trying to use transference to Operator as my Warframe gets downed. I'm not even sure if it's actually the cause, but it is related. Lag/latency may also be involved. 

Symptoms:

• All 4 Warframe abilities are disabled upon revive due to "ability in use" flag
  • Transference is disabled as well under the same flag of "ability in use"
  • When equipping melee, Melee Attack button is disabled (although using Quick Melee when equipping a gun is still functional)
  • When downed, quick death/respawn is also disabled (must run the timer down)
  • Interaction with the environment (default: X) also appears to be non-functional

Only known fix: Warframe must die, hoping no teammate will revive him/her while the timer runs down (this can often fail badly due to some teammates not reading or noticing chat)

This bug is extremely serious due to a significant loss of functionality with the Warframe (and complete loss of use of the Operator), and I really hope this gets or already has high priority in the list of bugs to be fixed in the next major update.

EDIT: Falling off the map and teleporting to the last solid ground your frame was standing on is also another fix. I should've made this update months ago, sorry for being so late.

Edited by Raspberry
  • Like 4

you can also, fall of the map to fix it. also there are more symptoms then u described using items, become null and void.

i haven't  tried unstuck,  but i think it might fix it 2.  its not just transference its old bug.  it can occur while using banshee quake, ivara artimies bow,  its nothing to do with lag/latency, i had it happen to me more then several times.  pretty much it when you use skill, at the moment of death that the bug occurs, its almost impossible to recreate it while trying to intentionally, doing it.   It something to do with the coding overlapping and causing everything to lock out. most of the things i notice to cause it are skills that take second to cast. i have only found out about falling of the map fixes it recently.  cause pretty much, it erases the current overlapping coding that is bugged, and recreates your frame with fresh coding.  thats why i recommend next time it happens try unstuck. it might solve the problem.  i have no way of testing it.  i know its band-aid solution.   Hopefully de can fix the problem in the near future and this bug has been around for a while now,/ there also similar bug to do with team energy and using banshee quake. if your not careful between cast when using team energys when u cast quake, you can end up making it impossible to get energy.  pretty much the items stop doing what intended.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This bug happened to me today. I was on ophelia (uranus), so i jumped to a body of water, switched to archwing mode, then back to surface and it was fixed.

Edited by ORLOX93
Typo

• 3 weeks later...

Just after the Wednesday update and this problem persists. A LOT.

So is this addressed on the next major update?
I've experienced it like 20 times in the last 3 days. Two times just after the update.

This is completely hindering any experience with the game. Please DE.

That didnt happen to me in a while, i assumed it was fixed already on the following hotfix because that. Another way is: Extract to cetus and reenter (IF you can), just is very annoying if you are on the second Eidolon and then this happens... renders you entirely useless in a fight like that

On 4/16/2018 at 4:33 AM, darkcerb said:

I get this bug A LOT. It's incredibly frustrating, jumping off the map doesn't work to fix it.

You need to die so no one revives you and then you can respawn buy pressing button with the mouse and that unglitches you (as when this glitch happens to me I can't interact with anything buy pressing X nor change weapon as game thinks I have RB button on. This glitch happens to me all the time when I play with controller). But if you have another glitch on that makes your movements invisible to other players and they see you at the start of the map while you're with them (doors don't open/desynch). Its almost impossible to get out. If mission is long enough it might just fix itself at some point.

Best advise is to communicate with other people as they pretty surely have experienced similar glitches too. And time to time there is a team of people who will get you out of the glitch (rhino/inaros/valkyr/or other tanky frame absorbs all damage while standing in place so you can go between fire and die there)

EDIT: I forgot to mention that desynch is instantly repaired buy using operator to exit warframe. (5 on PCkeyboard and RB + LB/R1 +L1 on controller)

Hope this helped space ninjas

Edited by Bear-tzaR

6 hours ago, Bear-tzaR said:

You need to die so no one revives you and then you can respawn buy pressing button with the mouse and that unglitches you (as when this glitch happens to me I can't interact with anything buy pressing X nor change weapon as game thinks I have RB button on. This glitch happens to me all the time when I play with controller). But if you have another glitch on that makes your movements invisible to other players and they see you at the start of the map while you're with them (doors don't open/desynch). Its almost impossible to get out. If mission is long enough it might just fix itself at some point.

Best advise is to communicate with other people as they pretty surely have experienced similar glitches too. And time to time there is a team of people who will get you out of the glitch (rhino/inaros/valkyr/or other tanky frame absorbs all damage while standing in place so you can go between fire and die there)

EDIT: I forgot to mention that desynch is instantly repaired buy using operator to exit warframe. (5 on PCkeyboard and RB + LB/R1 +L1 on controller)

Hope this helped space ninjas

I know that work around. I'd prefer an actual fix though. DE is usually good at nipping bugs quickly so it's a bit baffling that this is still an issue.

Still no fix for this?

It not only happens permanently where you need to threw yourself into water or something to "unlock" abilities, but it also happens sporadically. Sometimes I press 3 for example and it tells me that the ability is in use, even when it isn't and I have to press again various times to make it work.

It makes gameplay seriously frustrating at times.

Happened to me a few times. Mostly when Quick Thinking got triggered and killed off my operator with my warframe still being alive. Trying to get out of the warframe while it has any damage proc, especially toxin would kill off my operator even if the warframe was invulnerable and often also lock me in this nonfunctional state.

• 2 weeks later...

Happening to me every time I die in my warframe mode as I attempt to transfer into Operator mode. All of the abilities say "already in use" or whatever it is and there's seemingly no way to get out of it

Bumping this because I just encountered this bug for the first time. Leveling my new Mirage frame and found myself unable to cast any abilities. I thought it was the way the frame worked at first. Then I unlocked my 4th ability and it said it was in use as well, even though I just leveled up enough to gain access to it, so there was no way I could have used it before. Then I got downed and realized I couldn't revive myself, either. 

Pretty annoying. Nice to know I can fix it by actually dying though... I guess. 

I've put over 100 hours into this game (just earned the Pride of the Lotus achievement a couple days ago), so I guess if it only happens once every 100 hours or so, it's not so bad. Would be nice to see it fixed though.