Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Void and Rivens: Two Birds with one Stone

shoopypit

As it is, I would love to go play in the void some more. But for what? The occasional argon crystal?

I would also like an alternate way to obtain Rivens. Usually if I have time for a sortie, I get a pineapple. Sad panda pineapple

Have "Riven Shards" be a rare drop on Mot in the void.

(Due to feedback concerning the idea behind assembling Rivens instead of just lowering drop chance to acquire a veiled riven, I propose alternate uses for Riven Shards)

Riven Shards can be used for the following -- 

-- 3 Riven Shards can be combined to be a random Veiled Riven.

-- 2 Riven Shards can be used to add a polarity to any slot that already has a polarity (will have to be re-ranked up to 30) (can't add a polarity where there isn't one currently)

-- 4 Riven Shards can be used to super-charge any mod slot to add additional 15% statistical effectiveness to any mods placed in that slot (discluding riven mods) (Mod slot cannot have a polarity) Example rank five Split Chamber 90% multishot 90X1.15=103.5% multishot

Drop Chances on Mot in the Void --

A - 1% chance of drop

A - 1% drop

B -  3% drop

C - 5% drop

--after twenty  minutes

A - 2% drop

A - 2% drop

B - 6% drop

C - 10% drop

--after 40 minutes

A - 4% drop

A - 4% drop

B - 12% drop

C - 20% drop

--it is now capped at these drop chance intervals

Corrupted Captain Vor will also have a 20% chance to drop a Riven Shards. The mods he drops will obviously be reduced from 25-20% chance drop. 

Almighty_Jado has a great thread regarding alternate ways to acquire both Kuva and Rivens. Also, credit goes to him for renaming the cracked rivens to Riven Shards. 

Edited by shoopypit
Add Ideas; change "cracked rivens" to "riven shards"; leave a link to an alternate thread from almighty_jado

6 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

Sounds interesting, but why "cracked" Rivens though? Why not just a slightly lower chance at a normal Riven? He only shows up once per mission.

I was thinking of maybe more uses for cracked rivens. Maybe disassemble them for kuva, Endo, creds etc

Except for the fact that this system wouldn't apply to Newer Players (Who, you know, can't even use most Rivens and their MR lock anyway), and for that reason and that reason alone DE will not implement it.

"We don't want Power to equal Reward." To paraphrase them

6 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Except for the fact that this system wouldn't apply to Newer Players (Who, you know, can't even use most Rivens and their MR lock anyway), and for that reason and that reason alone DE will not implement it.

What? That's a bit confusing. The only way to get them is via sorties. Which is high level play, which is outside the scope of new players yes? 

4 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Riven mods don't really work well for new players in general, considering most riven mods that I've seen are MR7+, and you'll need to have finished The War Within to get access to the Kuva siphons/floods, so I don't really think that this reasoning works here.

10 minutes ago, shoopypit said:

What? That's a bit confusing. The only way to get them is via sorties. Which is high level play, which is outside the scope of new players yes? 

It's a confusing thing, yes, but DE sees Sorties as "A Difficult Goal to work towards", and they see extended Runs as "Powerful players just showing off against broken enemy scaling Let's rework the Void/Keys". =w="

2 hours ago, shoopypit said:

I was thinking of maybe more uses for cracked rivens. Maybe disassemble them for kuva, Endo, creds etc

Then just reward Kuva/Endo/Creds, IMO. The most annoying thing about Ayatans is the need to get stars and then exchange them to actually get the Endo. :\

I'd still rather see something like 5-10% for a normal Riven.

New players shouldn't be able to get a riven from a regular mission. 

Nevertheless I agree that it would be great to have the void reward endurance gameplay with rivens. Maybe a 100% Chance for a riven after 2 hours/ 75 waves/ 25 rounds of survival/defense/interception.

1 minute ago, (PS4)atpbx said:

If they do that then they cant sell you platinum.

still need to buy plat though. Slots for weapons, frames, sentinels, pets, rivens. Don't have to buy potatoes and forma, but I do anyways. But spend plat on mods? Naw. 

3 hours ago, Oru5732 said:

New players shouldn't be able to get a riven from a regular mission. 

Nevertheless I agree that it would be great to have the void reward endurance gameplay with rivens. Maybe a 100% Chance for a riven after 2 hours/ 75 waves/ 25 rounds of survival/defense/interception.

I  disagree, especially with warped senses of perceived time spent like 2 hrs in one mission.  It's not a reasonable amount of time and the game isn't even remotely developed around doing such things.  There is a reason that DE got away from putting more important items on "rotation C", suggesting a time constraint many rounds passed rot C is outright ludicrous.

But then again, this topic is about Rivens, and they are stupid ludicrous in what they've done anyway.  They've turned into a cash cow, with folks blindly throwing hundreds of plat around for modest numbers on a purple card.  A sucker is born every minute, and proof of concept for this was born the day Rivens where released.

All it would take is a different way to get them, or a way to get them more than one chance per day and their value would drop through the floor.  But there again----folks are right, that's probably why it won't happen.

you people dont seem to understand rivens are technically lootboxes, they are not going to become easier to farm because rivens help the purpose they were created for, platinum inflation, this game might not have lootboxes, but it sure feels like the game itself its a lootbox "open this game, youll have a RNG chance to get something from the bloated loot tables", i honestly feel like warframe universe could cannonically exist inside a lootbox with all the RNG and grindwalls that plague the game, spoiler alert, ballas serves RNGesus, he destroyed the orokin cause they were too lucky on their prime rolls.

Edited by Lisztomaniac

1 hour ago, Lisztomaniac said:

you people dont seem to understand rivens are technically lootboxes, they are not going to become easier to farm because rivens help the purpose they were created for, platinum inflation, this game might not have lootboxes, but it sure feels like the game itself its a lootbox "open this game, youll have a RNG chance to get something from the bloated loot tables", i honestly feel like warframe universe could cannonically exist inside a lootbox with all the RNG and grindwalls that plague the game, spoiler alert, ballas serves RNGesus, he destroyed the orokin cause they were too lucky on their prime rolls.

That's a very negative attitude to have. 

They would still make money either way. You still have to buy riven slots. More rivens on the market means less plat is spent per transaction, but more transactions can take place. I understand they need to make money. I just don't see how having an alternate way to obtain rivens would harm their bottom line. 

All of these topics seem to vastly oversell how important Rivens are. There is no content in-game that is designed to assume the player has a Riven. Properly modded, I struggle to think of any weapons in game that need a Riven, that can't kill anything in the Star Chart several times over, that can't clear the Sorties, no matter the restrictions.

Just now, peterc3 said:

All of these topics seem to vastly oversell how important Rivens are. There is no content in-game that is designed to assume the player has a Riven. Properly modded, I struggle to think of any weapons in game that need a Riven, that can't kill anything in the Star Chart several times over, that can't clear the Sorties, no matter the restrictions.

Never stated they were important. I enjoy rivens, I would also like alternate ways to get them, as well as a reason to play in the void. 

il y a 35 minutes, shoopypit a dit :

That's a very negative attitude to have. 

They would still make money either way. You still have to buy riven slots. More rivens on the market means less plat is spent per transaction, but more transactions can take place. I understand they need to make money. I just don't see how having an alternate way to obtain rivens would harm their bottom line. 

i completely agree, they would, thats the problem, they still do, and still would.

il y a 30 minutes, peterc3 a dit :

rivens give more options in builds from the random stat mixing, you can make impossible builds work, its not just about power its about freshness and variety.

23 hours ago, peterc3 said:

While you are right that content isn't really designed around the Riven, that sort of misses the point.

My Kesheg has a Riven with the "maiming strike" modifier on it, as well as crit chance and crit damage.  Without it, this particular weapon is kind of a "meh" piece because its crit chance is just too low to be worthwhile with Blood Rush and it doesn't generate status like other polearms do.  I COULD clear sorties with it, sure, but I have no idea why I would bring a melee weapon that would need an X5 combo modifier before it started doing its job.  WIth the Riven, though, it becomes a red crit machine right from the get go, easily being a weapon that can be brought to the darkest depths of the game AND compete with any others that are brought.

This particular Riven is one that I point to that displays the actual reason folks should enjoy RIvens and look for them.  The Kesheg isn't a particularly notable choice without it, but with it it can become a "go to" weapon.  If you're a person that likes this particular weapon visual over that of, say, Lesion(and I am such a person), I've suddenly become able to bring my Kesheg where I might have had to relegate myself to the Lesion in the past.  That's a win for me.

An even bigger win would be if I didn't have to do the dang sorties for them in the first place.  In fact, pointing out that content isn't particularly designed for them, in my opinion, displays the idea that, perhaps, these things should even be EASY to obtain through relatively trivial content!  Why would that be?

Well, as a person progresses through the star chart, their lower powered weaponry becomes a bit long in the tooth---sure, you CAN use a full clip to kill something other weapons would one-shot, but that hardly makes the playing field equal.  The Riven can equalize that, allowing a person to, perhaps, continue to use their Karak instead of upgrading to the Soma.  A person will want the Soma anyway for mastery and the experience of trying something new, but if they prefer the handling of their Karak, they'll miss it unless they have a way to use it, and the RIven can provide that.  For that reason, weapons of the power level the Karak resides in should, perhaps, be available from level 30ish enemies because that will allow continued use of the weapon.  If these where distributed along that concept, players might be able to use what they genuinely prefer all along, with less "meta hopping"  along the way.

It is a perfect idea.....no, and frankly I think the ship has already sailed on logic like that because it has been sold to us as an "end game" acquisition.  I merely point it out as I think it has logic compared to the intended purpose of the Rivens in the first place.