Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

-SPOILER- The Quills

Grimyn

So I've been working my way through the PoE content, and having finished Saya's Vigil I found myself wondering how everyone got their amps. At first, I figured that maybe I needed to reach a higher standing with the Ostrons, which would maybe lead me to a first meeting with the Quills once I'd get trusted enough or something. But then, suddenly, I happened to stumble upon the entrance to the cave where Onkko hides and boom, I got an amp and started working to get standing with the Quills. Hooray!(?)

So, what is my issue? My issue is that most other things had strong questbased implementations and guides throughout, guiding you/your operator into further insight and unlocking more abilities. The quills, however, did not. It felt completely random, and quite anticlimactic. Maybe I missed something during Saya's vigil which should've made it obvious, in that case it's my bad. But if I haven't, it's really a bit dissapointing. I just suddenly get the ability to kill teralysts, without any real introduction to the mechanic or boss or anything. I know i need the amp to kill teralysts because I've seen others do it, but there's really no clue as to why it would be so.

All in all, I wonder if it's me who missed some part of dialogue somewhere, or misinterpreted something leading me to missing all this information, or was it actually never there? Aside from that, I really like PoE, especially now that I got my Archwing launcher :) (wish it had brakes though).

Thanks for reading, have a nice day!

Nope. No info on location is given.

But then again. It cant really be part of the quest either as in the general track of the game sayas vigil is near the start and you don't even know about your operator till the second dream and wont need the quills till after the war within.

The only indication you have is in the focus trees where it tells you to look for the quills if you want to unlock them. way too criptic. should have a follow up quest call or something where the quills invite you that activates when all conditions are met.

2 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

Nope. No info on location is given.

But then again. It cant really be part of the quest either as in the general track of the game sayas vigil is near the start and you don't even know about your operator till the second dream and wont need the quills till after the war within.

The only indication you have is in the focus trees where it tells you to look for the quills if you want to unlock them. way too criptic. should have a follow up quest call or something where the quills invite you that activates when all conditions are met.

Agreed. There should be transmission to invite us to The Quills and a quest marker to find it.

This is quite how I felt about the Quills. We started PoE, and even tho I knew they existed, I had to Google where to find them. Players not as hyped for POE/ New players will most likely miss them, until there will be content for operators, wich is when their clanmates will direct them to the quills and they will be farming for a week to get their amps.

(off to farm 60 more eidolons for my arcana warframe health restore set!)

lol...plays warframe and expects some sort of instructions.... honestly I can't remember finding the quills to be exceptionally hard if I'm honest, farming on the otherhand is/was tedious.

And you're not the only wishing archwing on the plains had brakes, they seem to have been even worse since an update just before the new year. 

Edited by LSG501

Agreed. The amp system/game aspect needs a bit more presentation than what the game currently offers. Also, I'd add that there should also be some sort of clue for the player(s) that stumble unto Onkko's door before completing the quest, something simple like "The Quill that inhabits this place is not here (or missing). Ask around to see if anyone knows where s/he might be." simply because there really is no hint towards the fact that you need to complete Saya's Vigil first in order to gain access to the Quill. 

23 hours ago, Grimyn said:

So I've been working my way through the PoE content, and having finished Saya's Vigil I found myself wondering how everyone got their amps. At first, I figured that maybe I needed to reach a higher standing with the Ostrons, which would maybe lead me to a first meeting with the Quills once I'd get trusted enough or something. But then, suddenly, I happened to stumble upon the entrance to the cave where Onkko hides and boom, I got an amp and started working to get standing with the Quills. Hooray!(?)

So, what is my issue? My issue is that most other things had strong questbased implementations and guides throughout, guiding you/your operator into further insight and unlocking more abilities. The quills, however, did not. It felt completely random, and quite anticlimactic. Maybe I missed something during Saya's vigil which should've made it obvious, in that case it's my bad. But if I haven't, it's really a bit dissapointing. I just suddenly get the ability to kill teralysts, without any real introduction to the mechanic or boss or anything. I know i need the amp to kill teralysts because I've seen others do it, but there's really no clue as to why it would be so.

All in all, I wonder if it's me who missed some part of dialogue somewhere, or misinterpreted something leading me to missing all this information, or was it actually never there? Aside from that, I really like PoE, especially now that I got my Archwing launcher :) (wish it had brakes though).

Thanks for reading, have a nice day!

First: the Quill at Cetus is Onkko, they guy you actually try to help Saya locate, unsuccessfully. He's the one who left the shards, and the stone fishes. Onkko was an historian. Then he found the Quills and became one.

Why didn't he sent you an invite to his lair or why he so readily gives you an Amp and guides you during the Eidolon fights? Because the Quills see time in a non-linear way. To Onkko you already have the conversation, he already knows you will find your way to his hideout. And he knows you will need an Amp and so he has it prepared for you to arrive.