Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Quartakk is what the Burston Prime should be

Magneu

It's an amazing crit/status burst-rifle hybrid, a piece of Grineer tech mishmash that is somehow better than an ancient Orokin rifle that is known for it's "power and agility".

Quartakk should have never changed, and Burston Prime should have gotten its buff instead, even if to a lesser degree. Easily one of the worst Prime primaries, to the point that a mass-produced Grineer rifle destroys it at any level of gameplay. Burston Prime is one of my most played primaries (and gun in general), but the Quartakk objectively destroys it in any situation.

Seriously, a stat buff in the crit/status department (even if only to 15% crit/20% status, seeing as it has higher base damage than the Quartakk) along with an ammo buff to support burst-fire mechanics would make this weapon actually useful again, instead of being a lowest-tier, backshelf weapon. Hell, even the augment does nothing useful (make Gilded Truth give it these stat buffs/any sort of multishot buff or SOMETHING useful). I know powercreep is inevitable, but the fact that they're both burst rifles but the mass-produced Grineer one is loads better is kind of wonky.

EDIT; IIRC, Ember Prime Access is coming back out again soon. Ember Prime initially launched with the Burston Prime (again, IIRC); what an opportunity to buff the Burston Prime and maybe capture some additional sales...?

Edited by Magneu

16 minutes ago, Magneu said:

EDIT; IIRC, Ember Prime Access is coming back out again soon. Ember Prime initially launched with the Burston Prime (again, IIRC); what an opportunity to buff the Burston Prime and maybe capture some additional sales...?

Ember Prime originally released with the Sicarus/Glaive Prime. I don't think the Burston Prime was actually released in the Ember Prime Bundle, but it was released at the same time.
I do have to agree with you however. Along with the Fang Prime (being basically trash-tier), the Burston Prime does need a pretty hefty buff at some point, to be comparable to even the Braton Prime.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

4 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

don't really think it NEEDS a buff. it's fine as is for a newby wep. it looks badass and does the job well, plus it has a syndicate mod 

maybe a slight dmg buff would do the trick? 

The syndicate mod has almost no impact (aside from the AoE proc) due to the nature of the weapon. If it weren't a burst-fire weapon, the +80% fire rate would actually be useful though.

I used it (and Gilded Truth) thoroughly in the past before I knew what a good weapon was, but eventually I upgraded to the Tiberon and it has been my go-to burst rifle since. On that topic, I further upgraded from the Tiberon to a Braton Prime eventually, which far outclasses the Burston Prime (and Tiberon) believe it or not, though that's not saying much.

Like you said though, it's basically "Baby's first Prime" and doesn't really need to outshine weapons with higher mastery rank requirements. That said, if they added damage and lowered fire rate in a manner that would be a slight DPS buff, it would bring the gun in line with the Braton Prime and make Gilded Truth more relevant.

Burston Prime is one of my favorite primaries but the stats on it really deter me from use in any serious content. I think it deserves a buff, as well, but not necessarily the one the Quartakk got.

Give it more crit or status and then open up its augment for the base Burston as well.

The regular version of the said weapons needs aswell some minor buffs and tweaks. A normal braton a burston for example needs some damage boost and I can imagine for the burston a stradavar like mode addition where you can change to single-burst modes. We don't have actually weapon which can do this only automatic weapons with single shot options but the same can goes to latron or tiberon which also needs some buffs.

The prime versions also needs the same treatement because these meant to be the better versions but this cannot go without touching the regular versions too.