Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Mods not dropping from sortie

(PSN)zombie103warssmt

I dunno.. some say its RNG.. i think your stats and skills might play a role on your reward.. I mean why else would there be calculations of # of times died, being downed, powers used, accuracy, damage, affinity etc..

But i could be wrong.. could just be RNG.. maybe the stats are just motivation to be better

58 minutes ago, Grimmstyler said:

I dunno.. some say its RNG.. i think your stats and skills might play a role on your reward.. I mean why else would there be calculations of # of times died, being downed, powers used, accuracy, damage, affinity etc..

But i could be wrong.. could just be RNG.. maybe the stats are just motivation to be better

might be the case. but at the same time remember that all players in squad get same reward... so 100% efficent pro and useless member of the squad who screwed up still get the same thing...

I find it remarkable that, despite being in the most common reward category, Rivens have been remarkably uncommon for me. I haven't done a ton of sorties yet, since I only started playing in November, but around 20 sorties done, and I have a grand total of four (four! ah ah ah) Rivens...

...only one of which came from a Sortie (the others are from The War Within, an alert, and the Harrow quest, respectively). 

15 hours ago, (PS4)zombie103warssmt said:

am i unlucky riven mods are not dropping is it a bug?

Did you sacrifice a goat, 3 sacks of rice and a virgin to RNGesus or Lootcifer (whichever you prefer)? If not you should try it.

In a more serious note: That's just how RNG works sometimes. I got 4 riven the past 7 days and 0 rivens the 14 days before that.

Edited by Oru5732
Damn german Autocorrect

You have the same chance each time to get a riven. It's how odds work. The dice don't care what you rolled last time or the time before that.

Everyone here has farmed a frame where they kept getting the rare drop but never the common one. Give it more time. At some point you'll start to drown in rivens

So first you do the Lewt dance, then praise the lord RNGesus and sell your soul to Lewtzifer.

Then do sortie 3. 

But seriusly. I got kuva today, for the first time since introduction months ago. How RNG is that? Its an uncommon reward. But atleast I like me some kuva. Rivens are worthless with my 89 rivens, only one slot free in case sortie drops a riven.