The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why mains are absolute nonsense

Ragnarok160

32 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

It's really not.  

You realize Equinox is female and has two sets of abilities, right? 

Mend & Maim

Rest & Rage

Pacify & Provoke

My point that you seem to not know what you're talking about still stands.  Just because someone takes an Equinox into a mission, does not mean they will be using AoE damage.  I've run with an Equinox main who takes up a healer role when needed, and a CC/damage role when needed.  

i have never in my life seen an equinox that mains night form, please introduce me

1 minute ago, Ragnarok160 said:

everyone says they don't care till it affects them, did you ever consider that? a good portion of the negative comments i've gotten is "people will do what they want" blah blah blah, you spent so much time saying my perspective is wrong and ignorant but just how i've been accused of having a harmful view point a good amount of you have done the same to me. you cant say i have a bad view point when all i've asked for is constructive criticism but just lead hurtful remarks. you cant say im wrong because blah blah blah then subjugate your own views points over mine then accuse me of doing the same, its truly hypocritical but i put myself out there and thats my fault i guess. what a faint world we live in

Oh pray tell, how in the devils blue fires of hell does someone maiming saayyyy Nezha for 90% of their playtime negatively affect me? Because here is the problem with the whole right tool for the right job argument; any Warframe can complete any mission. That spy mission? There are paths to navigate that avoid detection that lead to the objective. Defection? Mods, weapons handle that mess. The real problem is user error, not the gear picks of said user.

5 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I'm probably the most extreme example of a main that posts on this forum.  My usage only dropped under 90% when I started beasting with Mag more.  But considering the amount of play time I have, the 84.7% usage more than qualifies me.  

YOV2qsG.jpg

With the amount of playtime I have it would take a lot more playing for that percentage to go up or down. :smile:

ur missing that 6%

Just now, Ragnarok160 said:

if you read that guys post he named 4 different frames, in my opinion that's still flex picking

You seem to be misunderstanding something.

You made an OP with a very baity tittle, you did not disclose that what you put in the word "main" is not what people on mass put and you expect things to not go south?
(outside of the outlandish claims for spy missions, support frames and the level 100 benchmark).

For someone that has been playing for over 2.5 years, you have a very big flaw considering the base of your assumption. Even If I actually main a frame (aka it is my top pick for most situations, I have put a lot of time and formas into it, I have high performance with it and so son), the Warframe's core gameplay loop is collecting loot. So on a very base notion, the only way for the term "main" to meet your expectations are :

a) The person refuses to collect and level frames.
or
b) The person has outstanding amount of game time in order to tilt the overall usage in a way in which this does not matter (over 70% in your preference)
and
c) The person uses the term "main" and fanboys over it (as in your OP)

And even if such a person meets all those requirements - it is not your place to be a judge of how people enjoy playing the game, give them labels and attach "nonsense" on top of it.

1 minute ago, (PS4)FunyFlyBoy said:

Oh pray tell, how in the devils blue fires of hell does someone maiming saayyyy Nezha for 90% of their playtime negatively affect me? Because here is the problem with the whole right tool for the right job argument; any Warframe can complete any mission. That spy mission? There are paths to navigate that avoid detection that lead to the objective. Defection? Mods, weapons handle that mess. The real problem is user error, not the gear picks of said user.

have you ever tried to play a sortie defense mission with only valkr? its quite fun acually

5 minutes ago, Ragnarok160 said:

ur missing that 6%

Out of 51 days days. That's 42 days he didn't play Ivara for, only 216 hours out of his total time. I think youre splitting hairs to save face at this point. 216 hours is a pin drop compared to 1008 hours.

Edited by (PS4)FunyFlyBoy

5 minutes ago, Ragnarok160 said:

everyone says they don't care till it affects them, did you ever consider that? a good portion of the negative comments i've gotten is "people will do what they want" blah blah blah, you spent so much time saying my perspective is wrong and ignorant but just how i've been accused of having a harmful view point a good amount of you have done the same to me. you cant say i have a bad view point when all i've asked for is constructive criticism but just lead hurtful remarks. you cant say im wrong because blah blah blah then subjugate your own views points over mine then accuse me of doing the same, its truly hypocritical but i put myself out there and thats my fault i guess. what a faint world we live in

How does someone choosing to main a Warframe negatively effect me in anyway?  

The missions are not dependent on a specific Warframe.  Make it easier, of course, by required? No. Per one of my previous posts, I'm fully capable of running Spy missions with one of the least stealthy Warframe, Mag Prime, and completing the mission flawlessly.  

So, in the instance where someone chooses to main Rhino, or Oberon or Valkyr or Zephyr, and they are able to actively participate in the mission and do not hinder it in any way (tripping alarms, dying, etc.) and their usage is 90% and above, how am I being negatively effected by them?

Just now, MagPrime said:

How does someone choosing to main a Warframe negatively effect me in anyway?  

The missions are not dependent on a specific Warframe.  Make it easier, of course, by required? No. Per one of my previous posts, I'm fully capable of running Spy missions with one of the least stealthy Warframe, Mag Prime, and completing the mission flawlessly.  

So, in the instance where someone chooses to main Rhino, or Oberon or Valkyr or Zephyr, and they are able to actively participate in the mission and do not hinder it in any way (tripping alarms, dying, etc.) and their usage is 90% and above, how am I being negatively effected by them?

wait? which one of those frames are bad? also in my point about support mains saying they were always needed, it says there not needed all the time

1 minute ago, Ragnarok160 said:

wait? which one of those frames are bad? also in my point about support mains saying they were always needed, it says there not needed all the time

I never said any of those 'frames are bad, nor did I say that you did, I quoted your post that said "everyone says they don't care until it effects them." 

So, within the context of the topic, how does someone maining a Warframe, any Warframe, effect me?

Just now, MagPrime said:

I never said any of those 'frames are bad, nor did I say that you did, I quoted your post that said "everyone says they don't care until it effects them." 

So, within the context of the topic, how does someone maining a Warframe, any Warframe, effect me?

He never did answer that question when I asked him neither.

12 minutes ago, Ragnarok160 said:

i have never in my life seen an equinox that mains night form, please introduce me

Two things:

1)The idea of maining only one aspect instead of the whole frame is problematic - both in your vision, and DE's failure in naturally preventing you or anyone from having it. 

2)Rest is just as cheesie and powerful as maim. Only on a different way. 

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

i think i also said "mileage may vary" just because you don't see it doesn't mean other don't