The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why mains are absolute nonsense

Ragnarok160

2 minutes ago, Ascarith said:

I'm not confused on how you are establishing they main a frame. I'm confused why them maining the frame is a problem. Your examples are not illuminating (at least not to me...).

it really depends on the situation, if someone isn't being effective and claims its there main and they are using a frame that really does not fit the situation its hindering to the team

Just now, MagPrime said:

I was being snarky tbh.  This entire topic is based on the flawed link between bad players and players who main Warframes, I really am having a hard time taking it seriously.

To be honest, I feel ya. That said, I will continue to make an attempt simply because it is what would be asked of me if the shoe was on the other foot.

Just now, Ragnarok160 said:

i said in an earlier comment that categorizing frames into the holy trinity of gaming was difficult since some frames can fulfill multiple roles, also what points did i miss? i may have missed your comment, theirs a crap ton right now

You quoted it?

You quoted it entirely and asked a random question instead of actually addressing anything I said.

And correct, you can't categorise them. That's what I said. ''Warframes hardly fall under a traditional archetype.''

Warframes, notice the 's'? I was referring to the Warframes, not the game as a whole, not the players. But you argued anyway, because why argue against any of my actual points when you could argue on a trivial matter amirite.

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I was being snarky tbh.  This entire topic is based on the flawed link between bad players and players who main Warframes, I really am having a hard time taking it seriously.

sorry should i have specified a difference between "good" mains and "bad" mains? because last i checked i was being told if your play a single frame for a million hours your instantly god.

2 minutes ago, tyranno66 said:

Just now caught up with this. Nekros main reporting.

OP tell me where Nekros "isn't designed to be played" and I'll tell you how wrong you are.

Just curious here: how do you play Nekros efficiently in an assassination mission?

Edited by (PS4)Boomstickman98
spelling correction

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok160 said:

they are accused of maining because when i ask them to swap they claim they wont because they main, whats the confusion?

1 hour ago, Ragnarok160 said:

so your saying limbo and oberon were god tier before there respective reworks? because DE and the community would disagree with you

To the players that enjoyed them the way they were? Yes. Again they dont have to agree with anyone really and they are not wrong, its their opinion. 

Again you are just "nobody from internet" and as such you are in no position to damand anything from others. Let others play the way they want. When i will feel like to main my operator i will do as i please and it wont be wrong because thats how i will have fun in game and games are made to have fun. Your opinion on that doesnt matter and nobody cares about it. 

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

You quoted it?

You quoted it entirely and asked a random question instead of actually addressing anything I said.

And correct, you can't categorise them. That's what I said. ''Warframes hardly fall under a traditional archetype.''

Warframes, notice the 's'? I was referring to the Warframes, not the game as a whole, not the players. But you argued anyway, because why argue against any of my actual points when you could argue on a trivial matter amirite.

ill ask again, what was your original point?

Just now, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

Just curious here: how do you play Nekros efficiently in an assassination mission?

Depends on the assassination. Usually I use my shadows to take the heat off of me while I shoot the target with my gun. Which varies depending on level and laziness.

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok160 said:

what configuration are you running? looting or SOS?

I use a despoil + SOS. I get near infinite energy and some tankyness.

1 minute ago, kuciol said:

To the players that enjoyed them the way they were? Yes. Again they dont have to agree with anyone really and they are not wrong, its their opinion. 

Again you are just "nobody from internet" and as such you are in no position to damand anything from others. Let others play the way they want. When i will feel like to main my operator i will do as i please and it wont be wrong because thats how i will have fun in game and games are made to have fun. Your opinion on that doesnt matter and nobody cares about it. 

it reminds me of all the times i see youtubers talking about how atlas is good and underused but you never see them in there streams/ background content (the stuff you look at while your talking)

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok160 said:

sorry should i have specified a difference between "good" mains and "bad" mains? because last i checked i was being told if your play a single frame for a million hours your instantly god.

You do realize that you just debunked your own argument with this statement, right?

Just now, Ragnarok160 said:

im not sure what your asking

I am asking mister "MR 24", trial runner and MVP of all end screen results, about your credentials and proof on which you stand when you go ahead and claim 90% of the things in this topic.
Because for the last couple of hours you have yet to show anything to back up your claims.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

Massive Multiplayer Online? Check

Playing devils advocate myself, it isn't.

An MMO allows a large group of players to play in a single instance simultaneously (I'm not counting relays here since you aren't ''playing'' in the sense of actually running missions or fighting enemies). Warframe 99% of the time allows for 4 people, and 8 if you want in raids. The fact that you're online with lots of people, and can group up and play missions together isn't the defining trait of an MMO. Otherwise the majority of games would apply, everything from Call of Duty to Shellshock.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok160 said:

ill ask again, what was your original point?

If you can't be bothered to go back and actually read my comment this time, like hell am I retyping or quoting it. It's evident that whilst accusing others of not reading your thread, you aren't actually reading peoples responses.

10/10

Man, people sure get butthurt if someone is playing a Warframe they enjoy and playing the game the way they want to enjoy. How dare they, right? How dare they have fun in a style they want! For shame XD

Honestly, if people are that concerned about people maining a warframe they don't think fits the situation, there's always solo, or recruiting. Or even accommodate for them, take over and carry them. Don't go whining because a public player went something you don't want.  

I'm sure it has been said in the 8 pages before me, but I'd rather not sift through the pile of garbage.

11 minutes ago, Ragnarok160 said:

Yes, you should have, if you truly wanted to have a productive conversation.  We're 9 pages in and we finally have the actual issue, on page 6

You've wasted peoples time with this nonsense because you couldn't be upfront and to the point from your very first post. 

Edited by MagPrime

1 minute ago, Ragnarok160 said:

it reminds me of all the times i see youtubers talking about how atlas is good and underused but you never see them in there streams/ background content (the stuff you look at while your talking)

And? Your point makes no sesnse at all, you are just repeating yourself. Different ppl have different opinions, deal with it. I will ask again, WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? How hard is it for you to understand that if somebody likes something the way it is they wont like it to have it changed? 

6 minutes ago, tyranno66 said:

Depends on the assassination. Usually I use my shadows to take the heat off of me while I shoot the target with my gun. Which varies depending on level and laziness.

I use a despoil + SOS. I get near infinite energy and some tankyness.

make level sortie rescue mission with energy reduction