Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Warframe Video's

AshenOne07

• only blue veins yield gems, skip the red ones if you're done with the trash metals for low level items
  • placement of veins is totally random, my method to get all the nyth & sentrium I needed:
    - Resource booster
    - Smeeta
    - only checking area around the entrance up to the lake; it is dense with veins; ignore the reds, farm the blues, reset (Orbiter), repeat

I'm finding mining to be a real PITA. Fishing is great and I love the way that that you can use common fish parts to get rarer fish. Then use those rarer fish parts in the right piece of water at the right time of day to create a rarest fish hot spot and your quids in.

Mining is just down to the whim of RNGesus and I am really struggling despite all the tips and tricks to get anything other than a couple of nyth or sent per run. 

IMHO something needs to be dont to make this less of a random grind as its just no fun to spend 15 minutes running around aimlessly hoping for a bit of luck.

I wondered If it would be possible to use your common minreral items to build something like a prospecting tool. Maybe a piece of gear or maybe a deployable item that scans large areas and highlights a specific class of ore on the map (such as the very rarest ores for example) maybe in a hot spot creating a small mother lode of good ore or maybe map wide highlighting all the rarest ores.

Either way currently mining is a drag and I hate it, but I have things to build so I need to do it

5 hours ago, Toran said:
  • only blue veins yield gems, skip the red ones if you're done with the trash metals for low level items
  • placement of veins is totally random, my method to get all the nyth & sentrium I needed:
    - Resource booster
    - Smeeta
    - only checking area around the entrance up to the lake; it is dense with veins; ignore the reds, farm the blues, reset (Orbiter), repeat

I have a smeeta but haven't really used it much, do you just wait it out til it gives you the right buff before you start mining?

vor 12 Stunden schrieb Krucz24:

I have a smeeta but haven't really used it much, do you just wait it out til it gives you the right buff before you start mining?

Nope, I didn't wait. I just was more focused when the buff showed up and didn't reset the map the buff ran out while going on looking for blue veins.

Just wanna share some strategies on farming kuva. First, it's best to use stealth frames so that you can focus on destroying the kuva and not get tangled with those kuva guardians. I usually go with loki and ivara. Second, bring smeeta kavat and resource booster to get as much kuva. Seriously, kuva farming is easy. Only problem IMO is, it is kinda boring for me. I hope kuva endless will come soon. 

Kuva farming was never hard after the first few updates. ['member when it was spawning randomly in grineer tilesets? Yuckk!] It's just tedious and incredibly repetitive. 

The unboosted values are what I find the worst thing about it. 6x missions just to roll once after the first few rolls. 

Edited by aligatorno

1 minute ago, aligatorno said:

Kuva farming was never hard after the first few updates. ['member when it was spawning randomly in grineer tilesets? Yuckk!] It's just tedious and incredibly repetitive. 

Agree. Boredom gets the best of you when kuva farming. I was really happy that somehow, DE decided to give some kuva on the bounty missions. But the rng and amount gain still sux though.

Edited by AshenOne07

6 minutes ago, Licitaqua said:

doesnt sound very fun.... why overkill if its already so easy to kill in the first place

We get it already. You don't use rivens or really care for them.

Anyways, the base kuva rate is really poor and should be upped especially as someone mentioned how expensive it can become and a waste of time.

Even bringing a kavat alongside a resource booster starts to feel like a slog as the charm bonus is sometimes rather unhelpful with its timing.

Edited by Valiant

4 minutes ago, Licitaqua said:

ha well i dont even run sonar banshee on eidolon hunts..... doesnt stop me from hitting the dmg cap

Who said anything about eidolons ? You said most missions, which implies ,every type of mission. I highly doubt you are hitting cap damage without Sonar and/or a combination of buffs with most weapons in start chart or sorties. Snipers and heavy hitting weapons like bows and opticor/ferrox, maybe, but certainly not with weapons like Phage, Baza, Soma, Boltor, etc. 

Edited by aligatorno

Just now, aligatorno said:

Who said anything about eidolons ? You said most missions, which implies ,every type of mission. I highly doubt you are hitting cap damage without Sonar and/or a combination of buffs with most weapons. Snipers and heavy hitting weapons like bows and opticor/ferrox, maybe, but certainly not with weapons like Phage, Baza, Soma, Boltor, etc. 

its not actually that hard, and no i dont use sonar banshee (most of the time) because that would require the banshee to go afk spaming sonar, and when i say 'most missions' im assuming the dmg cap is 1 hitting the enemies not actually hitting the hihgest possible dmg in the game (though i have done that with 4 different frames)