Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This needs to stop [Limbo]

Rabbid-

42 minutes ago, _Ruby_Rose_ said:

Since when do you focus farm on a public Sortie missions?
Sounds inefficient to me. Ever heard of recruit chat?

High level enemies and the occasional eximus condition make Sortie a very efficient place to get focus considering that I'm going to be doing it anyway for the challenge and the rewards.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

High level enemies and the occasional eximus condition make Sortie a very efficient place to get focus considering that I'm going to be doing it anyway for the challenge and the rewards.

So you expect your teammates to do the objective and the hard work while you run around killing enemies? And then you complain that Limbo is the selfish player. The irony.

On 1/31/2018 at 2:26 AM, Ada_Wong_SG said:

I just leave squad when I see limbo in team, enough people do that they will be basically left to solo.

Most players who choose to use Limbo are too insensitive to others, as such they do not consider their 
actions intrusive and disturbing others, even when others are complaining.

It is the attitude of the user, that will match the frame's function and form.

It has less of how a frame can be used, but more of how most people who choose to use it
are going to use it. 

Excal Main versus a Limbo Main or even Rhino Main can have attitude differences.

Choosing one frame over another is simply a materialization/ form expression of one's personality.
There are weapons and tools that appeal to different people, often you will find people who pick one weapon 
over every other weapons quite similar in personality.

You will see this pattern especially in organizations, orchestras where different instrument groups 
are basically different "school" of different attitudes and personalities, so is a MMO where there are different classes to choose.

And sometime not all personalities are cohesive with one and other.

Ahh the Limbo thread again.  I like the theory of each frame being based on real attitudes and that people with the same attitude will gravitate to that frame on average.  But that doesn't apply to how I primarily choose frames. First the choice must answer, will this kit allow me to engage with enemies in a different way? Will this frame have aesthetics that are different than what I've been looking at?  Having my attitude match isn't even a consideration.  It could be, I'll give it a shot a few times, probably be an Inaros.

To the first two parts, though.  You creating your own problem by always leaving, in theory. If a player never gets to practice in a mission scenario then they'll never get better, as if that bad limbo player that is right in front of you is that way because everyone kept leaving.  Not the case all the time but it is something to consider. What can you do to help the situation? 

Then the whole sensitive claim. No way. My perspective is Life is 10 % what happens to you 90% how you react to it.  So you're just passing off your responsibility for your own behavior to someone else.  

Edited by robbybe01234

7 hours ago, robbybe01234 said:

Ahh the Limbo thread again.  I like the theory of each frame being based on real attitudes and that people with the same attitude will gravitate to that frame on average.  But that doesn't apply to how I primarily choose frames. First the choice must answer, will this kit allow me to engage with enemies in a different way? Will this frame have aesthetics that are different than what I've been looking at?  Having my attitude match isn't even a consideration.  It could be, I'll give it a shot a few times, probably be an Inaros.

To the first two parts, though.  You creating your own problem by always leaving, in theory. If a player never gets to practice in a mission scenario then they'll never get better, as if that bad limbo player that is right in front of you is that way because everyone kept leaving.  Not the case all the time but it is something to consider. What can you do to help the situation? 

Then the whole sensitive claim. No way. My perspective is Life is 10 % what happens to you 90% how you react to it.  So you're just passing off your responsibility for your own behavior to someone else.  

I guess the case of my encounter has always been the reverse, most of the limbo players around do not know what the hell they are doing, 

They will go and banish a teammate that is in no obvious danger but is actively using a weapon without considering if the banish will disrupt other

player's playing, they think of it as a protective cast but totally neglect the aspect of you cannot be banished for weapons to work.

Yes that is always me, who is using a Trinity most of my time and can stay alive up to level 100 sortie level, yet a Limbo decides 
it is too dangerous for me and banishes while I am using a weapon in a level 40 mission.

Rolling out is a solution, talking to them is also one, 
but their behavior is not giving a damn about everyone's feedback and they make their own choice without consideration for others.

You tell them but they are not doing or responding anything at all.

While teammates is using Lenz and explosive weapons... Stasis all the projectile out of no where,
and kneejerk people by then unfreezing and putting teammates in danger of getting killed by their own projectile.

So what, now that Limbo has pissed off a lot of other players, still not Limbo but everyone else fault,
If that is not being insensitive and inconsiderate for others I don't know what else can be.

It is funny that you try to rule out attitude, but the way you respond to the post already reflected on how much 
you care more for yourself than the rest of the player base.

That is exactly the personality that would pick on using a Limbo.

Actually Life is 1% what happens and 99% on your attitude towards it, 
Sweeping grudges under the carpet and not sparing a thought about others,

and you get very much the same response of getting ignored.

This is very mutual, the feedback is a mirror image.

I am trying to compile a player-personality-frame database, so far Inaros, Rhino and Limbo have 
a really common base, if one appear as their most used frame, the other 2 will not be far behind.

There is difference between a Rhino main and a Limbo main , but the grouping is close.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

On 1/29/2018 at 7:02 PM, Rabbid- said:

I woke up every morning to see what new challenges DE gave me for sortie, but then there's mobile defense, I went into the game only to be standing idle for a few minutes, and then move to the next location, rinse and repeat. Now, I could just solo'd the mission, yea I could but I cant manage to solo every single one of the mission you know. So please, I beg Limbo players to be more considerate with how big the bubble can be . #MakeWarframeGreatAgain

Just use the Soma Prime, empty a clip, then, Limbo will get out trolled.

Honestly, there's absolutely no reason for Limbo's powers to negatively impact squadmate weapons.  His is literally the only set of abilities that can prevent other players from doing ranged damage, and it's absolutely without any benefit to the impacted players.  Banish is similarly a sore thumb, being the only thing that will reduce damage done by a player, and with all the rifts most careless limbo players leave lying around, it's a problem.

Limbo can be an incredibly incourteous frame to bring if not used properly, and only ever truly shines in extreme circumstances.  For everything else, a properly-assembled Frost has a heck of a lot more going for him without dragging the team down.  DE should seriously consider a rework of how Limbo functions.

Edited by MisterDre

1 hour ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

Just use the Soma Prime, empty a clip, then, Limbo will get out trolled.

Sir, I don't understand, all i know is that bullets and projectile bullets will freeze in the bubble
How is emptying a soma magazine help 
I want to know

3 minutes ago, Rabbid- said:

Sir, I don't understand, all i know is that bullets and projectile bullets will freeze in the bubble
I want to know

Due to game engine limitations, after so many rounds have been 'caught' in Rift plane (in a Cataclysm or otherwise) Stasis will end prematurely. It wont end the Cataclysm, the 'bubble', but it will stop it from freezing enemies and projectiles until if/when Limbo recasts Stasis.

2 hours ago, Rabbid- said:

I want to know

I think the cap is at 300? Yeah, this and some enemies will break the Stasis. Especially on Sorties.

Edited by (PS4)godlysparta
It’s 300

3 hours ago, (PS4)Nyxn607 said:

How is this different then you asking someone to not play a frame they want, how they want?

I never said that they shouldn't play Limbo or any other frame. I'm saying that the bubble is too big and it makes other players who doesn't use melee often or has exalted weapon to use it. In fact,   Limbo is the one that forces other players to play the way they want
Like just read the head of this post.I said nothing about players to not use limbo

Edited by Rabbid-

1 minute ago, Rabbid- said:

I never said that they shouldn't play Limbo or any other frame. I'm saying that the bubble is too big and it makes other players who doesn't use melee often or has exalted weapon to use it. In fact,   Limbo is the one that forces other players to play the way they want
Like just read the head of this post.I said nothing about players to not use limbo

But the point is, that sometimes you want a big ... erh, bubble. If you're in a public game, the number one thing to define the playstyle of a team, should be the objective. Yes Limbo with a big bubble sucks in exterminate or defence because he makes it hard to kill things. But in a mobile defence or excavation, the object is not to kill things at all, and Limbo with a big bubble is ideal for those types of missions. He gets the job done by keeping the objective safe. If anything, Limbo might force players to remember the objective instead of ignoring it as people in public games tends to do way to often.

A lot of the animosity can be reduced or even outright removed if Limbo players just mod for minimum range.

Most objectives that can be done with stasis+cataclysm can be done with minimum range.

Defense - Just bubble the objective. Your teammates (and you) can kill enemies while the objective is protected from attacks.

Mobile Defense (Maybe Assault too?) - Minimum range, maximum duration build can have your Stasis and Cataclysm last slightly longer than the time needed for the console to be hacked/decrypted. And anyone standing inside Cataclysm can still pick up the datamass when it is done. You are protecting the objective and everyone else still gets to murderise stuffs. Their safety is none of your concern, so if they blame you for a small Cataclysm, tell them to git gud while you res them from inside the RIft.

Excavation - Works as good as in Mobile Defense missions, will not impede other players from using guns to kill those power cell carriers too.

Interception and/or Spy - I think this would be the ONLY (or two) mission(s) that can be argued that a big Cataclysm bubble (might) helps. 

Capture, Exterminate, Assassinate, Defection, Hijack, Rescue, Sabotage, and Survival missions are those that do not really benefit from Cataclysm much, and most of the time would annoy players instead.

So, build small bubble Limbo and you will get less grief from others.

On 30/1/2018 at 4:02 AM, Rabbid- said:

I woke up every morning to see what new challenges DE gave me for sortie, but then there's mobile defense, I went into the game only to be standing idle for a few minutes, and then move to the next location, rinse and repeat. Now, I could just solo'd the mission, yea I could but I cant manage to solo every single one of the mission you know. So please, I beg Limbo players to be more considerate with how big the bubble can be . #MakeWarframeGreatAgain

Sorties are no challenge, at all. Sorties are just for rabdom loot that might be good, 90% of players just want to do them in the fastest and most efficient way possible.

if you want just a small bit of challenge go solo.

Also players that do sorties the easy way exploiting some ability are probably dead without doing so. Maybe you can solo the mission but you should carry them too if you want those guys not to spam the thing that keeps them alive 

On 1/29/2018 at 10:15 PM, Nakrast said:

you could simply leave the bubble.

Unless all the enemies are stasis'd inside the bubble. Imagine if all Limbos just went min-range on MD instead, it would still get the job done and wouldn't freeze the whole map.

35 minutes ago, Kimimoto said:

Unless all the enemies are stasis'd inside the bubble. Imagine if all Limbos just went min-range on MD instead, it would still get the job done and wouldn't freeze the whole map.

At the risk of redundancy, if they were a non-limbo frame there is a good chance you would have less opportunity to hit them since they would immediately die first anyways. Unless of course you were the one killing everything in sight instantly - which leaves 3 other people in the same position you are fighting against.

Granted, I go minimum range and very rarely do public sorties, but the point still stands.

Edited by Frosthaven83

In all honesty I find resonating quake Banshee to be by far the most annoying teammate that can show up on my team. I would rather have 3 Limbos than one of her. I know its an unpopular opinion, but I'm kind of glad they are nerfing Banshee.

12 hours ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

I guess the case of my encounter has always been the reverse, most of the limbo players around do not know what the hell they are doing, 

They will go and banish a teammate that is in no obvious danger but is actively using a weapon without considering if the banish will disrupt other

player's playing, they think of it as a protective cast but totally neglect the aspect of you cannot be banished for weapons to work.

Yes that is always me, who is using a Trinity most of my time and can stay alive up to level 100 sortie level, yet a Limbo decides 
it is too dangerous for me and banishes while I am using a weapon in a level 40 mission.

Rolling out is a solution, talking to them is also one, 
but their behavior is not giving a damn about everyone's feedback and they make their own choice without consideration for others.

You tell them but they are not doing or responding anything at all.

While teammates is using Lenz and explosive weapons... Stasis all the projectile out of no where,
and kneejerk people by then unfreezing and putting teammates in danger of getting killed by their own projectile.

So what, now that Limbo has pissed off a lot of other players, still not Limbo but everyone else fault,
If that is not being insensitive and inconsiderate for others I don't know what else can be.

It is funny that you try to rule out attitude, but the way you respond to the post already reflected on how much 
you care more for yourself than the rest of the player base.

That is exactly the personality that would pick on using a Limbo.

Actually Life is 1% what happens and 99% on your attitude towards it, 
Sweeping grudges under the carpet and not sparing a thought about others,

and you get very much the same response of getting ignored.

This is very mutual, the feedback is a mirror image.

I am trying to compile a player-personality-frame database, so far Inaros, Rhino and Limbo have 
a really common base, if one appear as their most used frame, the other 2 will not be far behind.

There is difference between a Rhino main and a Limbo main , but the grouping is close.

Have you ever considered, you know, ASKING the limbo to unbanish you? It happens all the time - I try to banish the nox or and then someone runs in and melees it and gets caught in the banishment without me knowing. He told me to do so in chat, and I did. No drama.

4 minutes ago, Cryptix123 said:

Have you ever considered, you know, ASKING the limbo to unbanish you? It happens all the time - I try to banish the nox or and then someone runs in and melees it and gets caught in the banishment without me knowing. He told me to do so in chat, and I did. No drama.

The occurrence of that is about 3 - 5% of total Limbos encountered so far, most just ignore your request even when you ask them.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

I use limbo for PUB sorties. Almost never use cataclysm as there are, usually, hotshots that clear the map regardless and i end up popping heads with Pandero and acting as pretty reliable backup/reviver to boot.  If team starts folding, why, it's void juice time.

Narrow Mind is, AFAIK, the only power range reducing mod.

''May be useful on defensive builds for Limbo, as it allows him to defend objectives using Cataclysm for longer without interfering with other Warframes or blocking loot drops, as well as reducing the chance that a stray Nullifier will cancel out the bubble.''

Honestly, as a limbo main, I got sick and tired of dealing with people like OP.

At first, I pandered to them. I made sure to not use cataclysm in places where it was not required.

Even then, people still complained. Now, I'm still carrying the team through defensive missions like mobile defense and interception. If you have a problem with that, shoot in my cataclysms in a futile attempt to disable stasis. My efficiency can take it all day.

35 minutes ago, theGlassAlice said:

That is why I always bring mirage and supra vandal (or any weapon with high fire rate and lots of ammo) to any mobile defense. Limbo's stasis got destroyed in less than 4 seconds.

That's still more than it takes for him to recast it, so something tells me he didn't even notice you did it.