Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

UPDATE!! We Are Getting Accessories Only For Unvaulted Packs Starting This Pack. THANK YOU [DE]!

DelBoyJamie

6 minutes ago, rune_me said:

60 bucks for the ember+loki.

You get 1200 plat with that. 1000 plat alone cost 50 dollars. So you get two prime Warframes, 200 plat, all the weapons and cosmetics for 10 dollars. How is that not a good deal?

Yes is a good deal but not for everyone, we need more options or something, is not to hard understand this.

2 minutes ago, rune_me said:

60 bucks for the ember+loki.

You get 1200 plat with that. 1000 plat alone cost 50 dollars. So you get two prime Warframes, 200 plat, all the weapons and cosmetics for 10 dollars. How is that not a good deal?

Not sure if you misquoted me or didn't get my comment. However, i'm on the side of PV being a way better deal than PA as well

2 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

And like I said, in a PA, all you get is new stuff, so you both profit. No need in getting stuff that you have in order to get stuff you don’t have

You still get things you may not want, like the 90 days boosters (PAA) or profile pics (2 last tiers of PA)

Also, plat and all that crap doesn’t really count since you can get it ingame. I’m talking about exclusive here. In PA, you pay 50 to get 2 exclusives, in PV, you pay 40 to get 1....that’s not a rewarding deal 

You still get  that plat with no grind, so it still counts lol.

This whole fuss comes down to this Q: 

Do you think DE will lose money if they did a separate deal for the cosmetics alone? If they do lose, they tell us that with facts and numbers....don’t just do the same crappy thing next PV and never talk about it because your answer isn’t good enough. It’s that simple. If a professional told them they’ll lose money if they add a separate cosmetic pack supported with facts and statistics and numbers then I and many others will be convinced and understand 

I kinda agree with this, but the risk they take by doing it may be bigger than what we know, only DE themselves could tell and still may not be aware of the risk involved of making decisions expecting the game to not last longer than X months from now on, which I think is the main source of issues such as exclusive gear, prime vault pricing, etc.

6 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

This whole fuss comes down to this Q: 

Do you think DE will lose money if they did a separate deal for the cosmetics alone? If they do lose, they tell us that with facts and numbers....don’t just do the same crappy thing next PV and never talk about it because your answer isn’t good enough. It’s that simple. If a professional told them they’ll lose money if they add a separate cosmetic pack supported with facts and statistics and numbers then I and many others will be convinced and understand 

Here's the thing: the question is a moot point. Whether or not DE will lose money by selling cosmetics alone is immaterial. DE currently has a business model set up which ensures they have a steady stream of income. It is working for them. The real problem comes with the bolded part of your paragraph. You seem to be under the mistaken impression that DE owes you an explanation. They don't. They don't owe us anything. Who are you (or who is anyone here, for that matter) that DE should give an account of their business practice to us? This is the epitome of arrogance and self-entitlement.

DE has been praised for its F2P business model repeatedly. And yet, when it comes to Prime Access, the same broken record is played over and over and over and over and over again. Nothing has changed, and nothing should change. DE is doing what works for them. They are obviously making a profit. If they weren't, then they obviously would have changed the model by now. Whether you (or any other player) wishes to shell out money (or  not) for Prime Access does not, in any way, impact DE's bottom line. Once you people realise that, threads like this will cease to exist.

1 minute ago, NullSaint said:

I don't know if they will lose or not. I would assume that, as an actual company, they have people with actual financial knowledge who look at all of this and work it out. And even if they do, they are under no obligation to tell you jack about it. Why you would basically assume that they just pulled this out of their butts instead of that they made a reasoned decision is what I don't understand. 

The corresponding question is this: have you bought every PA since you joined? If not, then why are you complaining about this?

Because they themselves said they don’t even have an economist on board, that was during devstream 100. That explained why all the ingame numbers and pricing are so messed up, so one would naturally assume that they get someone with little experience to do these stuff 

And for a company that made a game and is proud to have a good relationship with its players, I assume they would share this info instead of keeping everyone guessing on such an important topic 

No, I have bought a single one, and tbh I’m not complaining about this specific issue, my issue is with how DE is handling this....if I want prime cosmetics I’ll just wait until I have the money and buy a PA. The way they’re handling this is totally wrong. If they have the info then tell us, they won’t lose, they’ll win our respect and understanding.....I’m assuming they haven’t done a good job about this because it’s very clear from their work that they haven’t, and also because they told us jack S#&$. I don’t see how this is complicated...

I do understand how it would be nice to a-la-carte the pieces in the bundles, I truly do. I've been there. I feel the strain. I would not mind having the cosmetics offered to us this way, somehow, and it does seem that DE is looking into the matter which is outstanding and appreciated (even if it doesn't seem to be going as swiftly as we would like).

That being said, perhaps we can mitigate some of our salt over needing to buy a bundle with a shift in perspective (which I struggle to maintain myself).

The PA Accessories bundle, in the USA, is around $60 by itself. It includes the cosmetics, boosters, some plat, and maybe a glyph. None of the actual gear, mind you, that's in the other PA bundle that is around $80.

Unvaultings do not offer these bundles separately but rather combine them +/- some bits and at a different price point, about $40 a bundle at the moment. Generally speaking, each Unvaulting bundle includes the actual gear (meaning a potatoed frame, potatoed weapons, and needed slots), some plat, unique extractor and reusable BP, and the cosmetics including even glyphs.

Now, the complaint seems to be "but why do I have to buy a bundle when I have all the gear already by using the in-game free-play system and all I want is the cosmetics?"--again, I feel your pain. True, you already have all the gear, perhaps even identical to what is being offered in the bundle because you bought slots and potatoes, etc. However, rather than seeing this as an insult and being scammed perhaps look at it as an investment opportunity. Sure, you don't need the gear, etc. at the moment--but those slots are worth something. DE is always pushing out new weapons and new frames and they're going to need a place in your inventory. With the introduction of Rivens, I'm even seeing some players with multiples of the same gear for different possible builds and customizing.

No, this doesn't balance out when you do the math, and I don't even need to think about the numbers precisely to see that. But this is just a perspective shift to help soothe a bit of the salt. Make no mistake, if DE wants to truly stand out it will offer some better alternatives for their cosmetics offered separately from the gear. I do believe they will do just that, or at least I hope they will.

Edited by (XB1)Spaztic Magic
Proofreading

This entire discussion could've gone somewhere if it'd just started with "could you please? And if not, then that's your call."
Because my word, people do act pissy from the word go.

Just inquire if the option can be made available, instead of starting off by stomping your feet, calling DE all kinds of names and creating pages filled
with bickering.

You really can't compare Bungie to De.  While bungie did ignore the player base while they were on vacation they did finally comment weeks later on it.  It just wasn't the remove eververse everyone wanted.  If De came out and responded with something like that they have no intention of changing anything would they still be "ignoring" you?  

6 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

Because they themselves said they don’t even have an economist on board, that was during devstream 100. That explained why all the ingame numbers and pricing are so messed up, so one would naturally assume that they get someone with little experience to do these stuff 

And for a company that made a game and is proud to have a good relationship with its players, I assume they would share this info instead of keeping everyone guessing on such an important topic 

No, I have bought a single one, and tbh I’m not complaining about this specific issue, my issue is with how DE is handling this....if I want prime cosmetics I’ll just wait until I have the money and buy a PA. The way they’re handling this is totally wrong. If they have the info then tell us, they won’t lose, they’ll win our respect and understanding.....I’m assuming they haven’t done a good job about this because it’s very clear from their work that they haven’t, and also because they told us jack S#&$. I don’t see how this is complicated...

maybe they were just joking. 

I'm sorry but they shouldn't share this information. Nor should we ask they share it. 

This topic got out of hand. It would be nice if, in the near future, DE decides to have PV accessories separate to purchase. But insulting DE to make them give in is plain disgusting. 

Frankly we could clear this up by simply making accessories trade-able.

People who bought PA first and got accessories have gotten them at a better deal than the unvaulting system, which I had always thought was intentional. Those accessories are supposed to be quite exclusive and sought after for that reason in particular. I completely disagree with Jim's assertion that "it's just cosmetic doesn't work" because people want them really badly in warframe. That's absurd, cosmetics are cosmetics. Endgame in any game with cosmetics would be cosmetics at that point. Now, if you could get reimbursed in Platinum for frames or gear you already own during unvaultings, that would make a lot more sense. That way DE gets their money, people are not discouraged from farming frames, and players get to keep both exclusive (but still acquirable) content or complete collections at a price that isn't an insult to those who bought PA for a specific item. Selling the accessories for 15-20 dollars makes the accessories during the PA sales far less desirable assuming you don't care about the boosters. Option number 2, sell the actual accessories pack with boosters again during unvaultings. That would also solve this problem.

20 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Not sure if you misquoted me or didn't get my comment. However, i'm on the side of PV being a way better deal than PA as well

Sorry, was not supposed to quote you at all. Don't know how that happened.

29 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

Also, plat and all that crap doesn’t really count since you can get it ingame. I’m talking about exclusive here. In PA, you pay 50 to get 2 exclusives, in PV, you pay 40 to get 1....that’s not a rewarding deal

What do you mean it don't count? The plat is what you're paying for. Everything else is just bonus. That's how Prime vaults, and Prime access has always been. A deal for platinum that also includes prime frames and weapons. Nobody in their right mind would pay 90 dollars just for Mirrage Prime. But 4000 platinum, that's another story.

I just love how DE works around it's community, and still gets hate from the same people who ask for changes. The game is Free to play, No one asks you to pay $40 for accessories. This allows those who do pay to have an exclusive COSMETIC Item.  

Why does everyone want everything on a platinum platter.....why can't those who support the devs have something exclusive to show for it? 

Hell, I've missed 2 chances of buying the Mag prime bundle just for the Targis Armor set, you don't see me bullpooping about it everyday.

Edited by RayxAyanami

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Ashagin said:

You really can't compare Bungie to De.  While bungie did ignore the player base while they were on vacation they did finally comment weeks later on it.  It just wasn't the remove eververse everyone wanted.  If De came out and responded with something like that they have no intention of changing anything would they still be "ignoring" you?  

I'm having difficulty finding your point in that mountain of sugar you coated Bungie's actions with. Destiny 2 has been one, long unending stream of controversy after controversy, far more then ''While bungie did ignore the player base while they were on vacation they did finally comment weeks later on it.  It just wasn't the remove eververse everyone wanted.''.

They have been systematically telling their player base to go F*** a landline telephone.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Here's the thing: the question is a moot point. Whether or not DE will lose money by selling cosmetics alone is immaterial. DE currently has a business model set up which ensures they have a steady stream of income. It is working for them. The real problem comes with the bolded part of your paragraph. You seem to be under the mistaken impression that DE owes you an explanation. They don't. They don't owe us anything. Who are you (or who is anyone here, for that matter) that DE should give an account of their business practice to us? This is the epitome of arrogance and self-entitlement.

DE has been praised for its F2P business model repeatedly. And yet, when it comes to Prime Access, the same broken record is played over and over and over and over and over again. Nothing has changed, and nothing should change. DE is doing what works for them. They are obviously making a profit. If they weren't, then they obviously would have changed the model by now. Whether you (or any other player) wishes to shell out money (or  not) for Prime Access does not, in any way, impact DE's bottom line. Once you people realise that, threads like this will cease to exist.

It doesn’t seem like it’s working tbh. Simplest example is how much the grind has increased in the last year. Yes, it’s a f2p argument, I know that, don’t start the quotes. But that increased grind does say that what they’re getting isn’t enough...that’s understandable since they want to grow the game bigger than what it is, like Poe 

And that’s basically like saying news networks are entitled because they ask/demand govs for answers. I’m not being arrogant (ppl seem to through this a lot these days....) I’m asking a Q and hoping for an answer 

If they answer, whatever it is then I’ll rest my case and accept whatever, as long as it’s a decent one with facts and numbers. If they don’t answer then that’ll just make it worse for both...we won’t have answers and they’ll get heat for not doing something. They don’t have to answer but they’ll lose nothing if they did (assuming that there’s no shady stuff happening) not answering creates all sorta bad stuff and will only go downhill, if they don’t care about that then that’s another matter 

I’m not talking about PA, that imo is a rewarding deal, the topic here is PV. And like I said, it’s obviously not as good as it seems, since any loss in these packs/deals are made up by increased ‘motivation’ ingame. Simplest thing is how grindy it is the resent quest frames are and how before they were given out for free....iirc, nidus was released in last 2016 and that’s when the Poe development kicked into gears 

So not changing stuff like PA and PV doesn’t mean they’re working, they’ll just balance it out via ingame stuff. And that’s kinda like the ‘games are more expensive to make’ deal, in this case, you’re saying 60$ is working because they didn’t change it, but obviously it’s not working because they add all sorta S#&$ ingame 

6 minutes ago, Kjahla81 said:

maybe they were just joking. 

I'm sorry but they shouldn't share this information. Nor should we ask they share it. 

This topic got out of hand. It would be nice if, in the near future, DE decides to have PV accessories separate to purchase. But insulting DE to make them give in is plain disgusting. 

1- that was in response to how at first, the economy in Poe was a bit absurd, and from they way they were talking it didn’t seem like a joke

and I’m not insulting them, I don’t understand how you got this idea.... 

yes, "prove you don't have a bungie attitude"

The game is free, people are whining about cosmetics. Bungie makes people pay for cosmetics in a fully-priced game. I've always been on-board about founders gear coming back in some form because those items have actual gameplay differences from existing items, but I can't get on this pathetic train because people are upset they can't look as cool for nearly the same price people had to pay in the first place. If people REALLY want accessories, just sell the original accessories packs and watch as people whine that they are MORE expensive.

1 minute ago, GinKenshin said:

1- that was in response to how at first, the economy in Poe was a bit absurd, and from they way they were talking it didn’t seem like a joke

and I’m not insulting them, I don’t understand how you got this idea.... 

Sorry that last part was directed to the thread. Not you

Just now, Kjahla81 said:

Sorry that last part was directed to the thread. Not you

Np ;3 

10 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Sorry, was not supposed to quote you at all. Don't know how that happened.

What do you mean it don't count? The plat is what you're paying for. Everything else is just bonus. That's how Prime vaults, and Prime access has always been. A deal for platinum that also includes prime frames and weapons. Nobody in their right mind would pay 90 dollars just for Mirrage Prime. But 4000 platinum, that's another story.

1- I was talking about PV not PA

2- I only meant the exclusives. Everything that you get ingame for free, including plat, isn’t worth buying, technically 

Here's my take on it,not that anyone asked.

At the end of the day,I will not pay $40-$60 for a pack that is mostly filled with stuff I already have,just to get a few sparkly cosmetics that I would like to have.

If a cosmetics pack,or a la carte option is introduced for $10-$20,I will buy it.

So,i either spend $10-$20,or i spend $0.

I'd like to have the syandana's,but I'm not going to stroke out if I don't get them.

*shrug*

If they want my $10-$20 bucks,offer me the option to get the syandana's alone.i don't care about the other stuff(most of which I already have or can get in game),or the platinum.

That's just how it is,no skin off my back either way really.

Edited by Alexandrix

2- I only meant the exclusives. Everything that you get ingame for free, including plat, isn’t worth buying, technically 

Plat in game is only free if your time isn't worth anything. If your time is valuable, and you have an average paying job, then it is always worth it buying plat. It is in fact NOT worth it to make your plat ingame. Not to say you shouldn't, if you're having fun doing it. But in a pure time spent vs profit made way, it is never worth it.

Just throwing it here

$50 PA Accessories got 2 90 days boosters which would be worth 1200 plat according to ingame market, so you got $1:24p + cosmetics value for that pack.

$60 Ember&Loki got... what... just 1200 plat. I'm not counting the prime stuff because they'll have ZERO value to anyone who already got them. That makes it $1:20p + 3 cosmetics.

$40 separate packs are even worse - you'll get $1:10p which got worse value than just buying plat directly as even the 75 plat pack gives you $1:15 plat value.

1 hour ago, (PS4)jonnyblaze1976 said:

The key word in that statement is want not need.

Like Artorias said; that goes dangerously close to “its just cosmetic” which as we all know is a stupid excuse since cosmetics affect your gameplay (enjoyment), especially Warframe.

There are many we don’t technically need to do in life. But we do it.