Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 22.12.0 Castana/Sancti-Castanas Slow Firerate Bug

TrinityPrime

There's no change listed in the Dev workshop on firerate yet after update 22.12.0, the firerate on both Castanas and Sancti Castanas has been lowered from 5 to 3.33.

I am hoping this is a bug that is to be fixed and not an unlisted design choice that I can only gripe about (sometimes I wonder if anyone even uses the Castanas other than me).

Before U22.12.0 (was annoying to try to dig up some old random screenshot I had of the Castanas)

Sancti-Castanas firerate with Lethal Torret (+60% firerate): 8 thus base firerate is 5

uxzsfDo.jpg

bsUYkuM.jpg

After U22.12.0

With Lethal Torret: 5.33, Base 3.33

FHfNr16.jpg

Edited by TrinityPrime
Added Pics

I'm trying to, its a bit of a struggle though, they're in a bad place right now imo. 

Even with the fire rate fixed I wish they'd increase max projectiles to 12 or so, make them behave like full auto, and make the spread a much more consistent/accurate fan. 

I don't think this would make them particularly good, I think it would make them usable. I really want them to be.

hadn't even noticed the fire rate change, good to know it's a thing and it should indeed be fixed. personally i don't like the idea of explosive throwing weapons becoming full auto though, but i i guess that boils down to personal preference.

what i do think they should do is both increase max ammo, and fix the spread with multishot, not just on the castanas but also on the Talon, right now the fan is basolutely terrible, as all extra proyectiles go to the left of the "normal" proyectile, and how far to the left they are thrown is enormously inconsistent to boot. another thing that needs a serious revisit is the max ammo pool on every explosive secondary weapon, this was already annoying enough before but the recent changes murdered QoL on explosive secondaries by reducing the ammo pool so much.

4 hours ago, TrinityPrime said:

Is this getting ignored simply because they didn't see it or is it because I didn't include screenshots?

They've ignored castanas for years (the regular ones are 4 years old now) before the weapon patch update last week. This is nothing out of the regular for DE. Expect a patch in 2022.

• 3 weeks later...

what really sucks is that the castanas are affected by what i would call the cernos prime effect, because the damages is split between the projectiles. this means to deal good damage you need to hit the enemy with all the projectiles, and blow them all up on that enemy. it helps that they have range, but the projectiles, A. have INDIVIDUAL flight speeds,and B INDIVIDUAL accuracies. this leads to the problems of the op and if you have enough lowered accuracy, you can almost literally stab yourself in the back, as one of the projectiles curls around and hits the ground behind you.

3 hours ago, Darkvramp said:

what really sucks is that the castanas are affected by what i would call the cernos prime effect, because the damages is split between the projectiles. this means to deal good damage you need to hit the enemy with all the projectiles, and blow them all up on that enemy. it helps that they have range, but the projectiles, A. have INDIVIDUAL flight speeds,and B INDIVIDUAL accuracies. this leads to the problems of the op and if you have enough lowered accuracy, you can almost literally stab yourself in the back, as one of the projectiles curls around and hits the ground behind you.

You are goddamn right, the multishot on castanas sucks so much, I have a riven with multishot, and almost everytime while I'm running I kill myself, without counting the ones who sticks on my teammate whose aren't in LoS.

Second thing, the self damage on them doesn't justify their damage, like, if they would do a crazy amount of damage I could understand, but they don't.

Reduce the self damage on castanas of 95%!

9 hours ago, DoctorWild said:

Reduce the self damage on castanas of 95%!

no the self damage is not the probem, its the fact that the projectiles act so inconsistently and counter to what you want most of the time that its going to kill you because it lands NOT where you want it to go but where RNG wants it to go, its like throwing out a loot box and expecting that to kill the enemy, with a chance for it to kill you instead thrown in for @#$%s and giggles.

Edited by Darkvramp