Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Chroma will never be tanky again: (UPDATED TO CONTAIN THE BEST BALANCING IDEAS IN THE FIRST POST)

DeadlyCreation

vor 2 Minuten schrieb The_Legend27:

The thing you need to realize is that chroma just had his only uses taken away...

Need a tank? there are much better frames than chroma.

Need damage? much better frames.

CC? chroma has none.

There literally isn't a place where chroma should be taken over other frames anymore. He has no place anymore and people are allowed to be dissapointed about it. DE needs to fix it. Either give his 1 and 4 some CC, give his tankiness back or do something.

in my opinion they shouldnt even start giving him crazy cc. because then he is finally rhino. chroma had his own nieche with taking dmg to become stronger. atm he takes dmg and is not becoming that strong. especially because you are running the risk of being killed. rhino tanks better without going any risks

6 minutes ago, DeadlyCreation said:

in my opinion they shouldnt even start giving him crazy cc. because then he is finally rhino. chroma had his own nieche with taking dmg to become stronger. atm he takes dmg and is not becoming that strong. especially because you are running the risk of being killed. rhino tanks better without going any risks

I agree, I was just thinking of different ways they could make him viable again. But really the best way is like you said, split the buff.

31 minutes ago, (PS4)JonathGariepy said:

Jeez didn't know Nyx had such high eHP potential, nor Nekros (almost never used these frames), what frames do you use on these to get that kind of eHP ?

Nyx's Assimilate augment + Primed Flow pretty much acts as a super high efficiency Quick Thinking mod now that she can use operator to kind of sidestep the movement penalty that comes from it.  A direct hit from a level 155 Napalm (3608 damage) does like 12 energy drain.

For Nekros his tank build is Shield of Shadows (214% power strength), Health Conversion, and Vitality.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb The_Legend27:

I agree, I was just thinking of different ways they could make him viable again. But really the best way is like you said, split the buff.

or maybe they return vex armor to its original without the aura and change effigy up. in my opinion effigy could be a buffing ability. i mean it would make sence if you cast it somewhere and then u have a sentry that buffs teammates around it. (just lik vex armor now. only on the skin)

would solve the problem with his useless ulimate and would give it some purpose

On 2/10/2018 at 6:16 AM, DeadlyCreation said:

everyone feels different about the DMG nerf - BUT the one thing everyone agrees on is the armor nerf. Chroma was one of the best tanks in the game but now he is a feather in the wind.

Obviously everyone wants the tankyness back. It is the essential part of chroma that makes him so good.

BUT it will most likely not return and the reason for that is the change to an aura.

DE cant give us back the old tankyness as long as Chroma buffs the whole team... because... well every frame would become a undestructable chroma.

So as long DE is keeping Vex Armor an aura chroma will stay exactly the same.

He is a worse tank than rhino and even the buff is only on par. so literally no reason to run Chroma.

What do you think: should Chromas Vex Armor only share the DMG buff? should a small percentage of the armor buff be shared with teammates (so chroma stays the main tank)? would you remove the whole aura thing all at once?

I thought they were going to revisit Chroma again. I doubt that they would let this nerf slip by. I would also believe that it was unintentional since they didn’t mention it in the patch notes and haven’t mentioned it at all.

9 hours ago, DeadlyCreation said:

i disagree with the point of sixteen abilities. chromas vex armor stays the same for each element.

I realize this has been left way behind at this point, but I went to bed, and actually thought of this same point as I was trying to fall asleep. I also figured out that actually makes it worse! This way, it's 3 out of 13 abilities that see use, which is (using google as a calculator, and rounding) 23.08%, lower even than the 25% I said before. Now, I need to catch up with other things that have been posted since...

43 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

I don't need to play chroma, to recognize a bad player.

If you notice my most frequently played frames, are fragile ones. That's because I think the game is more fun, when I can actually die (Unlike some people here).

Know your place; if you have hours of gameplay than me and you're whining about not being able to stay alive, yet I can play squishy frames in sorties just fine... I'd say that I don't need more "wasted hours" than you, just to make my point clear. Quality over quantity. 

Your squishy frames have hard cc that prevents enemies from attacking you or cloaking to avoid targeting.

Chroma has none of those, he literally only has the armor from Vex armor to save his skin. but of course Mr. 0.0% playtime on Chroma knows whats best for the frame he hardly touched after ranking to 30.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Dragazer:

Chroma has none of those, he literally only has the armor from Vex armor to save his skin.

Funny, how you literally don't know, what literally means, since all of his other abilities provide some sort of added survivability, slows, stuns, bonus HP. You name it.

So your comment is literally wrong.

Edited by Walkampf

vor 13 Minuten schrieb (PS4)godlysparta:

I thought they were going to revisit Chroma again. I doubt that they would let this nerf slip by. I would also believe that it was unintentional since they didn’t mention it in the patch notes and haven’t mentioned it at all.

yeah i am hoping too. my best assumption is that DE fixes the exploit with DMG 3.0 since all elements are getting reworked. and maybe as soon as that happens they will revisit chroma again. they just quickly needed a way to nerf him to make the new eidolons stand out.

and i can understand it from that perspective. but if we are saying that chroma has being hit hard and is a shadow of hos former self. no one should argue against that. it is literally a fact that chroma is useless now. there are frames doing a better job in each aspect of chroma.

6 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Funny, how you literally don't know, what literally means, since all of his other abilities provide some sort of added survivability, slows, stuns, bonus HP. You name it.

So your comment is literally wrong.

lol you lost your arguments long ago and are now just here to nitpick my wording choice.

Those other abilties are grains in the sand compared to what Vex armor contributed to surviving prenerf. I already mentioned how unreliable the cc is from the 10 energy/s drain, the halving of your armor, the unmoddable range and duration values, and finally and most importantly the fact you have no say when the stun occurs.

Edited by Dragazer

1 minute ago, DeadlyCreation said:

yeah i am hoping too. my best assumption is that DE fixes the exploit with DMG 3.0 since all elements are getting reworked. and maybe as soon as that happens they will revisit chroma again. they just quickly needed a way to nerf him to make the new eidolons stand out.

and i can understand it from that perspective. but if we are saying that chroma has being hit hard and is a shadow of hos former self. no one should argue against that. it is literally a fact that chroma is useless now. there are frames doing a better job in each aspect of chroma.

Can't agree more. Like i said in a earlier post there is literally no place where you should take chroma over other frames. I'm praying that DE sees this and fixes it.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Dragazer:

lol you lost your arguments long ago and are now just here to nitpick my wording choice.

Yes, I admit, i have let myself get trolled by you and that other guy. Happens to the best of us.

I'll just enjoy your nonsense from now on.

Edited by Walkampf

5 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Yes, I admit, i have let myself get trolled by you and that other guy. Happens to the best of us.

I'll just enjoy your nonsense from now on.

You played yourself, all I have been doing is dishing out objective facts

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/7wsrsn/chromas_vex_armor_calculation_seriously_needs/

Front page of subreddit, I posted 8 hours ago 430 points 93% upvoted as of this time, I'd say its not really nonsense.

Edited by Dragazer

I posted this in another thread and I'll post it here again.

Chroma's problem is not over-nerfed, he being that powerful was never intended and DE let the playerbase know that long ago. His persisting problem is "UNDER-DEVELOPED". I don't really play chroma before because all he had is a large EHP pool, no team benefits, no uniqueness. Besides his abnormally high EHP and buff skills before (both are a bug rather than intentionality), he had nothing. he is severely "under-developed" even for now. His 1 and 4 has so much potential. 

I actually has some ideas to make him interesting:

1. Chroma can actually RIDE his effigy and become a dragon rider. While riding his effigy, his 1 will change from a stream attack to a giant dragon breath fire ball, able to AOE proc and knockdown CC groups of enemies. You can even give Chroma a new set of skills while in dragon rider form.

2. make the effigy can function like a dummy, if chroma is not riding. When Chroma take fatal damage while his effigy is out his effigy gets destroyed while chroma gets fully healed.

Equinox can be made to a very interesting dual build with just his 1, Chroma definitely can have a lot of room to be unique.

Edited by Bobman111

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Dragazer:

You played yourself, all I have been doing is dishing out objective facts

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/7wsrsn/chromas_vex_armor_calculation_seriously_needs/

Front page of subreddit, I posted 8 hours ago 430 points 93% upvoted as of this time, I'd say its not really nonsense.

Wow, you really put quite some effort into this act. I'll give you that, my friend. ;-)

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Bobman111:

I posted this in another thread and I'll post it here again.

Chroma's problem is not over-nerfed, he being that powerful was never intended and DE let the playerbase know that long ago. His persisting problem is "UNDER-DEVELOPED". I don't really play chroma before because all he had is a large EHP pool, no team benefits, no uniqueness. Besides his EHP and buff skills (both are a bug rather than intentionality), he had nothing. he is severely "under-developed" even for now. His 1 and 4 has so much potential. 

I actually has some ideas to make him interesting:

1. Chroma can actually RIDE his effigy and become a dragon rider. While riding his effigy, his 1 will change from a stream attack to a giant dragon breath fire ball, able to AOE proc and knockdown CC groups of enemies. You can even give Chroma a new set of skills while in dragon rider form.

2. make the effigy can function like a dummy, if chroma is not riding. When Chroma take fatal damage while his effigy is out his effigy gets destroyed while chroma gets fully healed.

Equinox can be made to a very interesting dual build with just his 1, Chroma definitely can have a lot of room to be unique.

no thats not the problem. the dmg nerf is okay by everyone. before the formula change fury literally was broken and double/triple dipped. so lowering the dmg buff is fine because it was never intended to be so high.

but nerfing the scorn buff is the problem. it was intended to make him tanky and they nerfed it for no reason (btw DE never talked about nerfing scorn. the hit came out of nowhere).

in my oppinion the fix is understandable but comes way too late at a rediculous timing. they rushed his nerf. there are million better ways to fix this problem.

atm chroma has no reason to be played. every aspect of him is done by some other frame way better.

DE needs to stop rushing nerfs. 

but as they said they will revisit chroma again. hopefully after dmg 3.0 which fixes the dmg exploit.

Edited by DeadlyCreation

2 minutes ago, Bobman111 said:

He previous screenshotted my profile and posted on the forum just to discredit my opinion, his post in another thread got take down. 

You literally played Chroma for 1.19 hours m8, there isn't much to say without the experience to back it up. 

Ppl got a right to know where this info is coming from

Edited by Dragazer

2 minutes ago, DeadlyCreation said:

no thats not the problem. the dmg nerf is okay by everyone. before the formula change fury literally was broken and double/triple dipped. so lowering the dmg buff is fine because it was never intended to be so high.

but nerfing the scorn buff is the problem. it was intended to make him tanky and they nerfed it for no reason (btw DE never talked about nerfing scorn. the hit came out of nowhere).

in my oppinion the fix is understandable but comes way too late at a rediculous timing. they rushed his nerf. there are million better ways to fix this problem.

DE let the playerbase know this long ago. People who invested on that like it's a permanent thing.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Bobman111:

He previous screenshotted my profile and posted on the forum just to discredit my opinion, his post in another thread got take down. 

That's good to know.

Well, sucks for you, since he bullied you.

But info like this can help being more aware of his trolling.

From my experience running up against a Teralyst as Chroma now, his buff and effects are just energy sinks.

Since Chroma's pelt's origins are Sentient, like Hunhow's Fragments, he deserves the resistances and extra damage he should be outputting, but only him.

Proposal:
-1/2 restoration of full Vex Armor while pelt is on Chroma (does not affect teammate buff, which will remain as is now).
-2/2 restoration of full Vex Armor bonus damage, plus elemental damage, for Chroma's Spectral Scream (his 1 would actually kill and serve as an exalted weapon).
-Introduce an alt-power in Elemental Ward, allowing the elemental colour to swap between other colours (random colour pick, but restricted to one element, with fire being the first).
Outcome, in theory:
-Would give back Chroma his ability to survive Sorties like many others.

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Rearranged proposal.

37 minutes ago, Dragazer said:

Chroma has none of those, he literally only has the armor from Vex armor to save his skin. but of course Mr. 0.0% playtime on Chroma knows whats best for the frame he hardly touched after ranking to 30.

Ok, yeah that's actually a good point. 

And yeah, hardly touched him (just like I hardly touched rhino) just because It felt boring to not die, even though the only mod I had was vitality. And actually... I didn't just lvl him to 30. I'll have you know that I forma'd him once... x'D

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Bobman111:

DE let the playerbase know this long ago. People who invested on that like it's a permanent thing.

yes they said they will fix the dmg bugg. but they never talked of armor. they could have just fixed the exploit and left the formula as it was. but instead of fixing the bug the left it in the game and made it so vex armor ignores elemental combos.