Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[22.12.2] Shard Trolling in Eidolon Hunt and a solution to prevent it.

sv650racer

Referencehttps://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/7wqlzy/guy_decides_to_throw_our_eidolon_hunting_group/

Problem: The fact that you have to put the shards in the shrine to trigger the Eidolon is just a great way for anyone to be trolled; which basically rendered the the match making feature an issue for everyone that use that feature.

Solution: Create an Item (that is not tradable and cannot be sold) that you have to craft using the shard (the same one that you use to trigger which ever Eidolon) and you must have it equipped in your gear to even let you match make; Use that item to trigger the Eidolon at the shrine instead. This will completely eliminate "shard trolling".

Thank you.

In before another 'we don't need a vote kick as it will be abused' whine :laugh:

1 hour ago, sv650racer said:

Solution: Create an Item (that is not tradable and cannot be sold) that you have to craft using the shard (the same one that you use to trigger which ever Eidolon) and you must have it equipped in your gear to even let you match make; Use that item to trigger the Eidolon at the shrine instead. This will completely eliminate "shard trolling".

But it won't. The very same guy can craft this item and continue on jumping off the cliff into the lake.

As some sort of a band-aid solution DE may implement a system where shards can't stay for too long on the shrine.

Like, let's say, someone puts a shard on the shrine and every other teammate should do the same in... ermmm... under 1 minute maybe? Otherwise this shard is going to be returned to the player who sacrificed it. Worth noting that the whole process of sacrificing should allow as many sacrificing tries as it takes.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb ngrazer:

In before another 'we don't need a vote kick as it will be abused' whine :laugh:

But it won't. The very same guy can craft this item and continue on jumping off the cliff into the lake.

As some sort of a band-aid solution DE may implement a system where shards can't stay for too long on the shrine.

Like, let's say, someone puts a shard on the shrine and every other teammate should do the same in... ermmm... under 1 minute maybe? Otherwise this shard is going to be returned to the player who sacrificed it. Worth noting that the whole process of sacrificing should allow as many sacrificing tries as it takes.

I think the OP ment it in a way as it is used in fomorian invasion => you need the item to join and if someone activated it near the shrine all automaticly loose their item and the eidolon get's summoned. 

though this would lead to one player may rush to the altar activate while the rest of the party is on the other side of the map so maybe make it that it only works if 2 or 3 players are present at the altar

The solution will be same as razorback armada, when 1 guy uses the shard, all will be consumed immediately automatically. If one guy hasn't take the shard on the ground, then the offering to altar function will asked for all 4 members to have the shard in order to start working.

Actually now I'm a bit surprised that DE never thought of the trolling possibility after what happened at razorback and fomorian gameplay.

Edited by kyori

13 minutes ago, kyori said:

The solution will be same as razorback armada, when 1 guy uses the shard, all will be consumed immediately automatically. If one guy hasn't take the shard on the ground, then the offering to altar function will asked for all 4 members to have the shard in order to start working.

Actually now I'm a bit surprised that DE never thought of the trolling possibility after what happened at razorback and fomorian gameplay.

The whole mechanic is flawed... What if one wants to push on BUT THE OTHER 2 DONT.  

*Require all three= possibility the one who wants to push on is screwed.

*Autoconsume all 3= possibility the 2 who don't want to push are screwed.

*One Eidolon, return to cetus, select next level with contribution and donation everyone must put in=obscene loading times, matchmaking wait times.

Auto refund if the Eidolon is not summoned may be the only way to get it to work (and still a waste of time for the one guy who wants to push on).

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)Tucker D Dawg said:

Maybe I don't get what you said but there are bounty for 'just teralyst' or 'fight 3 eidolons'. I would presume no one will do free roam now cos the uncertainty is high and easily trolled.

If someone chose the 'fight 3 eidolons' bounty but refused to put in the shard, then confirmed he came to troll. 

1 hour ago, kyori said:

Maybe I don't get what you said but there are bounty for 'just teralyst' or 'fight 3 eidolons'. I would presume no one will do free roam now cos the uncertainty is high and easily trolled.

If someone chose the 'fight 3 eidolons' bounty but refused to put in the shard, then confirmed he came to troll. 

yes but I thought you had the option to fight 1, 2, OR 3.  So they maybe go in intending to do 3, but realize their equipment stinks, or do 2 and its such a struggle for them they don't want to do the third, or something comes up in RL and they have to go...

If the intent of the Bounty itself was do all three no matter what, then no rewards should be given until all three are dead/captured.

Whatever the scenario, DE needs to think about it.

• 1 month later...

Or just simply add an option to take the Shard back but with a timer of 10 seconds after offering so a troll doesn't place it and immediately take it back to glitch his way into Phase 2 without actually consuming the Shard...or better yet, as someone suggested on the reddit post linked by OP, make it like the dual panel doors but with 4 "panels". Meaning that all 4 shards are offered at the same time by all 4 members at the altar, nothing less. Idk, that's my ten cents. It's a shame DE doesn't forsee these things. B Eidolon Shards are pretty damn valuable so using a commodity as a key of sorts should already have warranted concern due to the already apparent number of trolls in the community (looking specifically at all the people joining the last spot in a rad share to equip a different relic, start the timer then leave...on the topic, auto start should only be enabled as an option for the host and after the first 15 seconds or something so that anyone vigilant enough can leave early if the host is a troll themselves)