Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR 9 Test needs to be fixed.

(XBOX)Madinogi

Heres how my experience with this horribly bugged MR9 test went.

>Jumped up onto pillar

>Nobody can see me.jpg

>Observe patrol patterns

>Jump down and pick off a straggler

>Jump back up

>LOLinvisibru

>Repeat for 3 stages

>GG 2 EZ, did it for the one-time.

Edited by (XB1)Bieltan

11 hours ago, (Xbox One)Madinogi said:

so. after 2 failures due to total bullcrap. i finally got this horribly designed and faulty test done. 

heres my experiences. 

try 1. 

Attempt 1. 

using Glaive prime. Throws the glaive. dings off the block infront of the target. even tho i clearly aimed at the guy. Target hears the glaive and i get detected. 

Attempt 2.

Same thing as attempt 1.

Attempt 3. 

Throws glaive. misses the target but apparently alerts him. 

Fail. 24 Hour wait.

try 2. 

Attempt 1.

kills the first guy. proceeds to kill the second. goes to kill third guy. Gets spotted even tho i 20ms away. 

attempt 2. 

walks up to the first guy to kill him. Gets spotted. Apparently he has a eye at the back of his head. 

attempt 3.

controller cuts out making me stand up and getting spotted. 

Fail. 24 Hour wait. 

Try 3. 

this time with Redeemer and Banshee

Attempt 1.

kills first 2 guys, shoots 3rd guy. Does half his health. Detected.

attempt 2. 

Spawns in Character immediately Shoots off her redeemer without my imput. apparently alerting the first guy. 

attempt 3. passes first 2 stages. clears out 3 of them. shoots 4th guy. does a quarter of his health. doesnt get detected. ends up falling off the platform and dying. so i take it. and proceeds to kill the last 2 guys thus completing the test. 

Seriously. WTF this test was so infuriating. the fact you have to use a melee. and dont even get access to your abilities. and the AI are so faulty that most of your fails wont even be because of user error but because of pointless glitches. 

its amazing how buggy it is. 

not only that but i absolutely despise. the 24 hour wait regardless of you fail or pass. 

first off. if you fail you should only have to wait 1 hour before you can retake it. pass? wait 24 hours. 

one thing i love about Mabinogi's Dan advancement tests is the fact that if you fail a test you can retake it right away. but once you pass thats your Test for the day. 

Warframe should honestly have that function not this overly harsh punishment. 

or keep the 24 Hour wait but let us spend some platinum to by pass it and retake the test again. 

but i know some of you will say "its only 24 hours." 

Dont Care if its 24 hours. 24 hours is too much for a punishment for such a minor problem. the fact you can fail because of glitches or the test is rigged so bad is too much,

"Git Gud" Not an argument. 

"24 hours will give you time to figure out or comprehend what you screwed up on"

1 hour is more then enough of a wait to figure out why you failed. 24 hours is excessive. 

oh and one last thing. it doesn't matter if their is no wait on retaking a failed test. if you continuously fail.  the punishment is youll never get through to the next MR thus gaining access to the goodies that MR has to offer. 

RANT OVER. 

search my posts - i went thro the EXACT same heart ache and depression over this damned test.

Simple - cheese it with banshee and redeemer

Use charged/channeled charged shots so the bodies vanish and dont get spotted. this is key.
Jump up on to all the tops of the platforms and persevere shoot them when they have their backs turned - it still isn't a walk in the park but its totally doable this way  

Banshee silences all weapons unless they patched that too.

trust me i feel your pain.

Edited by SilverRook

7 hours ago, Burned-Toast said:

Personally, I was able to finally beat it with a glaive  (I didn't throw it tho, I wasn't cool enough) with enemy radar and lots of patience. And practice.

However, if it's bugging out consistently, then send a support ticket and hope they auto pass you or something I dunno

EDIT: wait I'm an idiot I read your post and you said you passed it already, nevermind 

Banshee+Redeemer takes no practice and a bit over a minute to finish the test.

Just need potato, 3 elemental mods, pressure point and reach.

Edited by Urabask

Anybody kind of confused why the MR9 test is harder than most of the tests after it? (I just took the MR14 test and that was ridiculously easy compared to MR9).

To OP, yea i had issues with MR9 test as well. Tried with a Glaive, didn't work. Banshee + Redeemer worked to some extent, but still got detected. Towers? Apparently they looked up anyways. In the end, I just took an atterax with Reach mod for more range and whacked them from behind the towers

3 hours ago, Urabask said:

Just need potato, 3 elemental mods, pressure point and reach.

The hek are you using reach on the redeemer for? You wanna just stuff as much raw damage onto that thing as possible, considering its negligible crit and status chances. If you’re using the redeemer (or sarpa), you should be using it for its gun-mode, not its melee-mode.

I read your rant and I must agree with the suggestions and solutions presented to you. 

You used sub par equipment and mods. You made some mistakes in aiming and targeting as well as poor judgement in pathing and line of sight.

Other than the bad luck with a controller crapping out it really does sound like you blaming a bug in a game where there is none for bad decisions and skill execution.

I have retaken that test as many times now after countless rant threads about that test just to see what the fuss was about.

I have cheesed it and used suboptimal frames. The test is very doable. It takes.... wait for it... It has been mentioned to you before... here it comes.... PRACTICE. 

The lesson you may have learned from this is to take advantage of Symaris' practice centre. I have been doing so since a I failed my first test due to over confidence. 

All of the tests are doable. No major bugs. If you really think that then I despair for you when you try the MR19 test, MR 23 test (arguably the most difficult) and MR25 test.

Good luck Tenno.

Edited by CuChulainnWD

4 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

I read your rant and I must agree with the suggestions and solutions presented to you. 

You used sub par equipment and mods. You made some mistakes in aiming and targeting as well as poor judgement in pathing and line of sight.

Other than the bad luck with a controller crapping out it really does sound like you blaming a bug in a game where there is none for bad decisions and skill execution.

I have retaken that test as many times now after countless rant threads about that test just to see what the fuss was about.

I have cheesed it and used suboptimal frames. The test is very doable. It takes.... wait for it... It has been mentioned to you before... here it comes.... PRACTICE. 

The lesson you may have learned from this is to take advantage of Symaris' practice centre. I have been doing so since a I failed my first test due to over confidence. 

All of the tests are doable. No major bugs. If you really think that then I despair for you when you try the MR19 test, MR 23 test (arguably the most difficult) and MR25 test.

Good luck Tenno.

Nah. That can't be it, didnt you hear? This test is bugged, and coded to make gamers fail easily. Everyone you see in game that is above MR9 is a hacker. /s

2 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Nah. That can't be it, didnt you hear? This test is bugged, and coded to make gamers fail easily. Everyone you see in game that is above MR9 is a hacker. /s

Ahh well if a 24 hour cool down is too much for him it is a shame DE does not bring back the lose 4 lives on a frame, you can't use said frame until next log in reset. Who needs skills right? Hacks away!

1 minute ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Ahh well if a 24 hour cool down is too much for him it is a shame DE does not bring back the lose 4 lives on a frame, you can't use said frame until next log in reset. Who needs skills right? Hacks away!

Lol yeah. You'd reckon Mastery Test implies a degree of difficulty. And there's going to be equally more frustrating MR tests for OP to do. Inb4 more rant posts. 

Remember the days people used to ask "where to get plats for free" since we had to buy revives? XD

Done on first try with oberon and guandao..

what im reading here is such a mess..

all those suggestions like dagger and other short weapons would lead me to fail too.

guandao has a huge range by default which you cannot miss a finisher with, even from like 2 meters away or more..

if modded for crit,crit dmg and speed... you can even just slide kill em in no time (not maimin crap, just regular slide)

and the attack speed also makes the far ranged finishers faster.

I found no bugs or anything in the test.

39 minutes ago, Xaranoth said:

The hek are you using reach on the redeemer for? You wanna just stuff as much raw damage onto that thing as possible, considering its negligible crit and status chances. If you’re using the redeemer (or sarpa), you should be using it for its gun-mode, not its melee-mode.

Reach increases the maximum range on the charge attack.  The damage itself is already fine with elemental mods, the problem is that the damage drops off over range.  The whole point in even using Redeemer is to be able to stay far enough away from the targets that you don't have to risk alerting them.  WIth reach you can just sit at the start of each stage and pick off all the targets.

Edited by Urabask

I recently did this test on console as well. 

As you rank up, the MR tests get harder. My new habit is to notice when I'm getting close to another test, then hit up simaris to see what it's about and figure out how to beat it. That way, I don't waste any time unlocking the new MR as soon as I have the xp for it. 

This test took me a few tries, but it is doable. I did notice that the enemies' detect range and conditions can be a bit inconsistent. So I feel ya there. 

I just brought a regular old Excal and the melee weapon I had on me. I didn't do anything fancy - no thrown melees, nothing like that. There is really little need. Just go up behind them and use the stealth kill option. Beware of other enemies seeing you, though! It seems that if you go for a stealth kill, enemies within a certain range may hear or see you. 

The key is patience and timing - watch their patterns and figure out who's vulnerable when. Pick off the outliers first and work your way in. 

For the third platform, that guy up on the ledge can see you at a considerable distance - as he should, because he's up high. Wait until his back is turned to get any kills near the ledge. Also, it's been said before but DEFINITELY wall jump up the pillars as soon as it's safe to do so. BUT - big but - don't do a heavy landing right behind the guy you want to kill! Heavy landings can alert them. Do a quick jump tap before you hit the ground to land lightly instead. 

For safety, I did not bring any stealth weapons because if you miss a shot or don't get an OHK, you lose. I may have been doing it the hard way, and it wasn't a perfect run, but I did actually enjoy it. 

Then I went back to failing at spy missions :) 

Most of the issues described seem to be controller faults or misunderstanding of mechanics. I personally never had trouble with bugs in the Mr 9 test or any other test really so I would practice in the relays first like everyone else says and determine if it actually is a bug before blasting the test for being "broken". I play on pc so its possible there is a disconnect across the platforms and it actually is bugged on Xbox One but this is just my personal opinion on it. 

For those of you who don't know, MR 9 test disables abilities (and I believe passives, but I haven't tried) and doesn't use sentinels or companions. 

Anyways the test is hard, but achievable. I did the run in my first try with ember prime and ankyros prime. I simply slid towards enemies and punched (effectively one shotting them and keeping momentum) an went to the next cover while still sliding. When it came to the raised ground places, I waited for the enemy to turn their back then bullet jumped, punched, and rolled off. The last phase was easy, and I just slid from one enemy to the next punching them. 

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Spartan Roks said:

For those of you who don't know, MR 9 test disables abilities (and I believe passives, but I haven't tried) and doesn't use sentinels or companions. 

Anyways the test is hard, but achievable. I did the run in my first try with ember prime and ankyros prime. I simply slid towards enemies and punched (effectively one shotting them and keeping momentum) an went to the next cover while still sliding. When it came to the raised ground places, I waited for the enemy to turn their back then bullet jumped, punched, and rolled off. The last phase was easy, and I just slid from one enemy to the next punching them. 

It does not disable passives.

OP, the test is rarely bugged for intended purposes, i.e. melee killing without detection. There are so many who practice once and pass straight away. I think i did it with Excal melee. While Throwing Melee is 'technically' correct, that is not its intention and it's not optimised for. You are way less likely to encounter 'bugs' if you just observe their pattern and get up close and personal, as intended.