Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does Forma Reset Rank Level?

Glowstix32

What purpose does that serve?  I use a weapon, I find I like it so I want to augment it.  Oh wait, FORMA'd back to rank zero... why?

Blue potato is a pure increase in strength, no drawback.  A MUCH stronger increase in strength, as well.

You can only potato something once, and potatoes are much harder to come by then Forma.  Forma is easily available, and can be used repeatedly, and in fact used along with a potato.

It's for making extreme high-end weapons.  Releveling is the time investment required.

Its a balancing factor.

When you use forma to polarize a slot you cut all mods of that type cost in half.

To prevent you from just leveling your weapon once and using 8 forma in it to fully max out everything and becomming instantly OP they have it reset the level after each forma. Therefore you have to invest more time into the weapon. Its a trade off: Make your weapon more powerful BUT you have to relevel from scratch each time.

Some weapons are worth the time investment, others aren't.

You can only potato something once, and potatoes are much harder to come by then Forma.  Forma is easily available, and can be used repeatedly, and in fact used along with a potato.

It's for making extreme high-end weapons.  Releveling is the time investment required.

I seem rather incapable of acquiring them, even from void runs, any tips on getting forma?

so you can grind, and after you are done grinding you can grind some more, then you grind something so you can grind another thing you need to grind.

Dont forget to grind!

Yo Dawg, I heard you like grinding so I made it that you can grind while you grind.

IMO, Forma should apply-able anytime after Rank10, but reduce the weapon's Rank by 10 per Forma applied.

That way you're not having to take that Lv0 whatever back to Mercury/Venus to gain levels before the weapon becomes useful again and/or get it carried to 30 in Xini or whatever. Meanwhile, while you wait, the weapon is utterly useless because you can't stick any mods on it until you level it up......again.