Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Playing Conclave Against Bots

Kaotyke

I rarely find ANYONE to play this mode with in my ping limit, I cant get the Conclave Skins and syandanas, nor I can get better in it.

If I increase the ping limit, I fight agaisnt players who skip around the map, taking the joy out of it.

So, I come here to suggest you add Bots for us to play against, like in the Index, when there are no players. Bots give way less Conclave standing, like 20%, but it would allow me to actually play the mode.

Better yet: put Bots in the game reguardless of having the max number of players or not, like Titanfall: if we suck so much at killing other players, we can at least get some progress by killing the Bots and making the lives of our team easier (Since they wont be shooting them).

i dont know man... Conclave is Player versus Player after all, not PvE

I can see where you're coming from but i guess you gotta live with that it you have no options to solve the problem. I for myself dont play raids at all because i have a literal potato as computer so eh.

2 minutes ago, Calumniis said:

i dont know man... Conclave is Player versus Player after all, not PvE

I can see where you're coming from but i guess you gotta live with that it you have no options to solve the problem. I for myself dont play raids at all because i have a literal potato as computer so eh.

Another compromise would be Servers hosted by DE.

I have 1 issue with how Conclave currently is and that is the ping limit. Keep it in a level I can manage, I wont find anyone, increase it and I fight in a slideshow where it takes my forever to kill 1 person and I'm OHK in my screen.

If they do their own PvP Dedicated servers and I still dont find anyone... Well, that is out of DE's hands and there is nothing I can do about it.

This is why the conclave events were handy as they populated the game mode.

Think something needs to be done though be it DE servers or a bot mode, otherwise there's content sat there doing little.

Lunaro can burn though...

Edited by Valiant

7 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

if you want to play PvE so much when just ignore PvP its simpe as what

This thread entirely isn't about that.

It's about the additional cosmetics one might want and if you even choose to do PvP for the cosmetics, it's hard because it's playerbase barren. That and how the servers suck.

Edited by Valiant

55 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

if you want to play PvE so much when just ignore PvP its simpe as what

And this has NOTHING to do about what I said above, did you just read the title and posted? Actually, no, dumb question. You didnt.

I dont WANT to ignore PvP content, I want to play it! But... you know what? I will just quote the OP.

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

I rarely find ANYONE to play this mode with in my ping limit, I cant get the Conclave Skins and syandanas, nor I can get better in it.

If I increase the ping limit, I fight agaisnt players who skip around the map, taking the joy out of it.

14 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

If they do their own PvP Dedicated servers

There's already pretty good Player hosted server in the 3 major regions(NA/EU/Asia) and NA even has servers that are 120 tick rate(almost as good as esea csgo servers, those are 128 tickrate). If you want to find people to play with in your region, can always look in reddit or here on forums or Conclave Discord.

Bots would be a good idea but only for practice/warm up.

5 hours ago, .Zel said:

There's already pretty good Player hosted server in the 3 major regions(NA/EU/Asia) and NA even has servers that are 120 tick rate(almost as good as esea csgo servers, those are 128 tickrate). If you want to find people to play with in your region, can always look in reddit or here on forums or Conclave Discord.

Thats the problem, Play Hosted is nowhere near as good as Developer Hosted (unless the guy has money), it depends on their Upload ratio, a studio is able to buy and manage a good upload (Send data) ratio. Downloads are easy, you have a 100MB/s internet on Downloads? Your upload is usually 10% of that. Increasing your upload ratio makes the bill exponentially more expensive.

And why I thought of the idea of Bots+Players? Because its what the old Dark Sector Conflicts were about. We didnt focus sorely on the players, we had to worry for the Bots that were distracting us with their pot shots.

10 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

And why I thought of the idea of Bots+Players? Because its what the old Dark Sector Conflicts were about. We didnt focus sorely on the players, we had to worry for the Bots that were distracting us with their pot shots.

as already mentioned, this is pvp and not pve. Bots+Players work for practice and warmup, as long as you don't gain anything from it. Rewards/Gains should solely be from fighting other people as it's a "PvP" mode. You don't see people playing offline bot dms in csgo and getting crates/skins.

10 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Thats the problem, Play Hosted is nowhere near as good as Developer Hosted (unless the guy has money), it depends on their Upload ratio, a studio is able to buy and manage a good upload (Send data) ratio.

That is so inaccurate, player hosted ones are usually better as an individual can maintain a single quality server easier than the devs. Why do you think most standard servers in PvP games are 60 tick or less. The guys that run the top servers in conclave have a connection of 1GBPs, both up and down, with the current situation it is still sort of a gamble as you can't pick which server you get put into. So you might get in a really good server or you might end up in a really bad one.

14 minutes ago, .Zel said:

That is so inaccurate, player hosted ones are usually better as an individual can maintain a single quality server easier than the devs. Why do you think most standard servers in PvP games are 60 tick or less. The guys that run the top servers in conclave have a connection of 1GBPs, both up and down, with the current situation it is still sort of a gamble as you can't pick which server you get put into. So you might get in a really good server or you might end up in a really bad one.

Then it must be a dream in your country, because 1GB/s of Up and Down here is around $1000,00 a month. And the minimal salary is $954,00.

Its Brazil btw.

On 14/02/2018 at 4:10 PM, Valiant said:

Lunaro can burn though...

B-but why??? It's a fun mode that's almost like it should be (DElay on pickup/unstable is too long and ball-guard has to go). It actually DOES have teamplay as a viable option and everyone is on an even playing field (well, hardware advantage is a thing, but it always is).

On topic though: the main player hosted servers are still not that good, it really depends on where in the region you live. On top of that, most of the time I end up in a player-hosted game anyway, because nobody likes waiting in a lobby when you can wait in your orbiter/a relay. And then there're the players who actually get an advantage due to lag, because they can hit you on their screen to make it count, whereas on yours they missed by a mile.

But yeah, bots in PvP just wouldn't really work, whoever farms the bots harder wins, there would be little incentive to go after players to win a match when a bot also gives you a point.

Edited by --Q--DragonSkllzz

16 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Then it must be a dream in your country, because 1GB/s of Up and Down here is around $1000,00 a month. And the minimal salary is $954,00.

Its Brazil btw.

1 Gbps (1/8 GB/s) is $120/month in the US (Google Fiber), and even cheaper in some European countries where there's high competition between ISPs.

And there's not enough reason for DE to set up a dedicated server in South America. You'd be better off connecting to a player hosted server than a server hosted in the middle of the US or Canada.

On 2/15/2018 at 1:00 AM, .Zel said:

I love the idea of playing with and against specters in the warm up mode in order to practice passing, checking and interceptions. Those are things you cannot do by yourself. Maybe there could even be preset positions and behaviors for the other players, like a mastery test or a chess puzzle.